Why The Christian God Is Impossible

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by snowy, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

that wouldn't actually be a contradiction. there's a stark difference between convincing people that something is true, and something actually being true.

the equivalent of what you are saying is that george bush telling the world that saddam hussein posed an imminent threat to the west, with his weapons of mass destruction, that the fact that these weapons didn't seem to exist is somehow a paradox. in reality, he simply lied. there is a difference between a contradiction and a lie.

the god scenario applied would mean not only that he 'convinced the world he did not exist while existing,' but that he existed while not existing simultaneously. as far fetched as this scenario may seem, it is one of the necessary functions of an omnipotent being, which has shown to be largely incoherent.
    test
  2. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

<- pwned :cry:
    test
  3. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

that was interesting. But whats so inconcievable to create something and not retain complete control over it, more specifically its will? I mean rather than make something do what you want, why when you can make it WANT to do what you want through other means. In doing this youd be relieving the creator of forcefully willing the creation to do what it wants, an actually have the creation want to do what his creator would have him do. Like a dog can choose his own will but we know there are certain things dogs respond to. It can choose to leave your house and take off, but say you leave a steak in the living room and the door open every night the dog may take off once or twicebut choose to come back by its own will. Eventially the dog may learn that theres not much more to be desired outside than there is inside and by its own will, will stay inside.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

The creator/ creation relationship is similar, obviously he knows what we desire and eventially can will us back to himself. I beilieve we were actually designed to need or what that relationship which is why we go through so many diff avenues to try an attain it. The worldly things are like a temporary filling that fills the need temporarily but ultimately that genuine relationship with our God is the only thing that will satisfy the need he placed within us.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

I was being serious, though i was rambling a bit. I agree it is funny. In the same way that say Flat Earth, Earth being the Center of the Universe, or Sun 17 Miles Away are hilarious. But were widely accepted as Fact when this God was thought up.

And just look at something like our development of the Hard Drive in the past 55 years.

- Capacity per HDD increasing from 3.75 megabytes to greater than 1 terabyte, a greater than 270 thousand to 1 improvement.

- Size of HDD decreasing from 87.9 cubic feet (a double wide refrigerator) to 0.002 cubic feet (2½-inch form factor, a pack of cards), a greater than
    44 thousand to 1 improvement.

- Price decreasing from about $15,000 per megabyte to less than $0.0001 per megabyte ($100/1 terabyte), a greater than
    150 million to 1 improvement

- Average access time decreasing from greater than 0.1 second to a few thousandths of a second, a greater than
    40 to 1 improvement.

If you dont think that given enough time and assuming we dont blow each other up that we could accomplish even what we today look at as science fiction. Again the word denial comes into play.
    test
  6. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

doesn't mean that there is other life out there.

until i see it, i refuse to believe it.
    test
  7. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

That technology thing IS true. We prolly could get to that level. But in order to do that i think the whole world would have to be cool w it an on the same page. That would mean nwo shit which IS happening but last time we tried that shit an got too cocky...well ill just leave it at that. It wont get there. But eventially it would b possible.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. futureswag

futureswag New Member

what i am see in here is a bunch of strawman and red herring arguments...this article doesn't prove anything but rather uses false assumptions and projections of the faith basing his theories on those but because these assumptions and projections are not of merit his arguments fail to stand to hold any merit themself
    test
  9. futureswag

futureswag New Member

test
  10. snowy

Ok.

Wait. Im confused. I thought you were on the Believes in God side. What are you seeing exactly???
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Im confused. Whats the dissagreement here.
    Posted via Ouija
    test
  12. snowy

99.9% of people who say they have seen God in the flesh are currently residents at mental hospitals.
    test
  13. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

You should google somethings on spiritual emergence vs. psychosis
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

no one has seen God. They may have seen jesus, angels, satan, demons or felt the holy spirit but no one has seen his face.
    Posted via mobile device... from my mobile home.
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

*edit sorry either john or daniel saw his face sort of. At least his hair and light.
    test
  16. Froggie Fresh

Froggie Fresh THe Elite of Times!

I'm not gon lie...u pissed me off from the first 5 words that I couldnt even force myself to read the rest of what u said...

IF CHRISTIANS GOD IS SO FAKE WHY DOES THE REST OF THE WORLD DO EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO PERSECUTE US AND OUT-LAW OUR RELIGION AND KILL US...IF CHRISTIANITY IS FAKE WHY IS EVERYBODY SO QUICK TO BASH US????!!!!!!
    IF OUR GOD IS SO FAKE Y DO U FEEL THAT IT IS IMPORTANT TO MAKE THIS THREAD IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

IVE NOTICED HOW NON BELEIVERS HAVE THIS SPECIAL PLACE OF HATE IN THEIR HEARTS FOR CHRISTIANS...AND NO ONE ELSE...EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!!!!!

THIS THREAD SICKENS ME!!!!
    test
  17. Froggie Fresh

Moses was allowed to see God's face...
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

Yea that mightve been but i think it was gradual. The human body cant take the full on presence of God. It would kill us dead on the spot.
    test
  19. snowy

Cmon Froggie settle down. The first 5 words.

"Why The Christian God Is"

That brought you to a rage?

How does the world outlaw or persecute any religion other than towards or from small numbers of extremists? They don't. Your fairytales are welcomed in all corners of the globe. Christianity is just the most prevalent in English speaking areas that it is easier to poke fun at. Especially when you have people like BigPayback bringing up topics like things like Demonic possession, Nephiliam Giants, the Rapture, or denying Evolution. This thread was more me trying to post up an essay that tried to find holes in the Christian God which is generally percieved as an All-knowing, All-seeing, All-powerful, All-good and all around perfect god.

In response to TheBigPayback's The Bible is Perfect threads. I found it made a few good points. Ive even seen some of those points reiterated in other threads since ive posted. But even with those points, you had posters like TheBigPayback/SpillinMoney throwing grade school nu uh that isnt true without any thought behind their rebuttals. Even some answers opposing their next answers like zyclon's "I need to see it to believe it", when we're talking about an invisible being whom out of billions of people apparently 3 people have seen.
    test
  20. Froggie Fresh

Yea I know, no one can see god w/o dying...but those 40 years Moses was in the mountains the bible says that he saw God and God gave him the 10 Commandments then he came out of the mountains and saw his ppl sinning he broke the tablets the 10 commandments were on and went back into the mountains for 40 more years...w/o eating or drinking just living off the nourishment of the Holy Spirit
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.