Why only sticky top battles?

Discussion in 'Site Help & Feedback' started by Laxin, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

It seems the top battles only get the shine while the lower tier battles get shit. They get posted and after a day you can't find them. How can these lower battles get more shine? These up and coming battlers are the next generation of this shit.
    test
  2. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

Bro, you got my number.

Next time you want to make a thread, Call me and we can build.
    test
  3. Mister SeLL

Mister SeLL Sweet A Pew

if an up-and-comer battle was dope...it usually gets stickied...least from what i've noticed it has...
    test
  4. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

mantix vs mister sell is gonna be a sticky fest no bukkake video

pause
    test
  5. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

How about a rating system with stars where posters can rate battles from 1-5? That way lesser known battles that are good can get some recognition when they are actually good.

Hmmm. Just a thought. I'm sure it could be done but people would have to be willing to get involved.....
    test
  6. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

You gotta start sometime. These top tier people are fading away quick. I think half the time these mods don't even watch the try out battles n shit to even see if it's worth it. If you wanna build battling then these battles can not go unnoticed.
    test
  7. Mister SeLL

Mister SeLL Sweet A Pew

hopefully, and yes def pause...lol
    test
  8. The Saurus

The Saurus Two Times of a lotta shit

fucking DEAD

also, if 92% of the people battling would just do better maybe their battles should get stickied. Stickying to me seems like an effective method of minor quality control. If people wanna watch some of the lower level battles they can do so on youtube
    test
  9. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

job1 good idea
    test
  10. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

I watch nearly every single battle that gets posted here. Whether I finish them is a different story. If you feel I have turned one off too early, please send an appeal via pm or aol instant messanger (sn= mapleleaf432). I'm usually pretty friendly.
    test
  11. teacozy

teacozy New Member

between the four GTEC events, whatever BOLA battles are left, URL , Don't Flop, and all the KOTD shit we pretty much only keep battles stickied for like three days now. I just don't see a reason to complain. If something is dope it gets stickied. If it's not it doesn't.

Laxin, for real, people make this thread every other week. It's boring talking about this still.
    test
  12. Sloss Littlez

Sloss Littlez KING SLOSS THE BOSS NIGGA

a mod and I discussed this in teh OTBVA chat.

It's dumb to sticky top battles. come the fuck on how can u really say that Hollow Da Don vs Goodz wouldnt go 10 pages or w/e without a sticky

top battles dont need a sticky... niggas gonna peep them regardless... the thread is fucking blue on the forum lmao it sticks out b.

sticky battles should go for dope up and comers.... HOW ELSE can dope emcees get ANY shine if we let them fade away to page 10 ... ????

Kaveman brown is dope as fuck with like 10 GT battles yet gets no sticky love....

BUT FUCKING OSHEA DOES? LMAOOO WOW B

and a rating system wouldnt work cuz faggot ass Head Ice dickriders would keep him at the top and Conceited at the bottom when in the educated battle world it's actually the opposite(Con is on top outside of BVA).
    test
  13. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

I don't know about that. It took three pages of it getting bumped up by people asking for it to get stickied for it to happen. There's probably a hack for VB that could be employed so that the users could rate a battle thread or w/e and it automatically got stuck or something. In the mean time though the best thing we can do is continue to bump threads for up and coming battlers that we think are dope and keep them on the front page until they get stuck.
    test
  14. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

I have a question. First off I am not trying to ruffle any feathers. I think shit has been going really well on RM as of late.

But I feel it is interesting that you guys tell Laxin to send you a message. While when Thesaurus wrote on RM talking about the title yall backed him and said the forum was a good medium to talk about the issue when mad ilz said he could have just emailed him.

I believe both should be done behind close doors by the way.
    test
  15. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Thanks, and the craziest part about it is that it's already a part of VBulletin. In fact, it's in many of the other forums but not in BVA. Part of the reason many people never have noticed it is because it's part of a drop down menu in the thread header. I think all that has to be done is for the option to be turned on for the forum.

Or to make it more user friendly and make more people want to use the rating system, we could just add a mod that changes the appearance to make it visible and clickable so people can easily see how to rate the thread.
    test
  16. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

because this forum is about battles and things battle related

this forum is not about this forum

but i do condone in asking questions if you are serious
    test
  17. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

I was joking.

Thesaurus got the joke.
    test