Why is there so many ppl in poetry forums but no1 replies to anything hardly?

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by AKIDO, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKIDO

AKIDO My Spirit Has Awakened

I just want to know because honestly its confusing me. Can someone please explain? Thanks
    test
  2. King Grimet

King Grimet King Grimet

because everyone is selfish and only cares about their own work, You can start by reading and critiquing lots of stuff yourself. and asking people to please return the favor for you. =)
    test
  3. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

you know i hate to sound selfish myself but when i first came in here i got tons of love
    which is great for someone like myself who feels like such an oustider where they grew up at
    and can hardly ever talk to anyone....especially females
    you know that really hurts....they forget that people that give off a different vibe are people to
    but enough of that they just aint hearing me
    but i hate to be so pessimistic about it so ill gladly return the favor that to those who take time to attempt to hear what im sayin

peace and love to all the lost and confused poets out there
    at least someone out here is attempting to hear yall
    test
  4. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Eh... it's expected.

I can't complain about the responses because I don't really want to respond either.

Plus if every poem was viewed by thousands of people, there wouldn't be so many starving artists. Take solace in the fact that many greats were slept on, and embrace the opportunity to cut your teeth.
    test
  5. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

lol...as long as I've been around, its not really a big deal to me. I see how many ppl. "viewed" it & that's enough for me. You just have to give & eventually it'll be given to you also.

People in the realm come & go, but something I noticed is they always come back. I think that's wonderful. It's always good to read something from the realm.
    test
  6. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

I'll be honest, I still check out the realm a lot. I read everyone's stuff.

But the truth is, I'm just getting lazy. That's why I don't really post anymore. I love reading stuff, and I'll always be around to MOD the realm, but with work, and college, it's just hard to reply to every piece and put my own out there.

I see y'all though.
    test
  7. AKIDO

AKIDO My Spirit Has Awakened

Thank you poets for the love you sendin me.

Bless
    test
  8. licious_mocha

licious_mocha this lawn's been mowed

i been on rapmusic since like 2003, (under mocha_licious) and thatz juz how it goes...whoever gets slept on will eventually get noticed if their work is nice enough...everyone who drops words arent great poets...kinda like everyone can be a poet, but not everyone can be a developed poet who reaches different levels in order to reach different people who read the poems......*peace*
    test
  9. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

^dang, see I knew your display name looked familiar. I remember a loooooooong time ago I read a poem of yours and thought it was the sh*t lol. Dear John letter or something I think.
    test
  10. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

point blank everyone needs to start supporting each other thank you. i love getting replies reading them are cool i get ideas from alot of you sometimes.

i like making poems about some peeps in here name at times.
    test
  11. Fresh86

Fresh86 New Member

Because people don't form opions or assess poetry, they just read it.
    test
  12. Dom-P

Dom-P REAL PRODUCER / EMCEE

SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST LAZY AND SKIM TOPICS PROBABLY.
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

cuz 99% of it sucks
    test
  14. Truf DX3000

Truf DX3000 Problem of Environments

Wow! like 600 views and only 13 or so replies! The Realm Isnt An Escape Like I Remember It...Sucks to Feel
    test
  15. Truf DX3000

Truf DX3000 Problem of Environments

I will admit theres not really any traffic to even expect much...my name is like the last reply on many of the 1st page simply because i was like the last to login...i dont even get comments from the thread starters...
    test
  16. INKrypt

INKrypt New Member

this is common in alot of poem forums... i think its because the very nature of poems makes it hard to really give feedback on other than "i liked it" and comments of that sort. most of the people reading the poems dont know how to analyze and comment on them, so they just don't =\
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.