Why is there a difference in quality when i record in cool edit vs cubase?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Re-iLL, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re-iLL

Re-iLL Basmentality...

For some reason when i record in cool edit as opposed to cubase i get way better quality. I'm not sure why. Is there some setting i should be aware? I might have some weird recording setting in cubase, i don't know. Anyways, i'd much rather use cubase for recording, but the quality difference is huge and i have no idea why. Any help would be great.

thanks,
    Reill
    test
  2. Stash

Stash R.I.P Point Game

check settings.. has to be in there...
    test
  3. A-Twizzie

A-Twizzie New Member

hmmmm...if cool edit was so much better quality wize...why not use it?
    test
  4. Re-iLL

Re-iLL Basmentality...

^^^ i've checked the settings and have no idea what everything means...so i'm hoping some one here that does or has had teh same problem can help.

As far as recording in cool edit...i prefer cubase because it's much more versatile and easier to record in. It makes splicing takes together etc...much much easier.

thanks,
    Reill
    test
  5. Kaotic33

Kaotic33 Owns You

maybe because you're recording in 24/96 in cool edit but only in 16/44.1 in cubase
    test
  6. Nasty Negro

Nasty Negro New Member

i got cool edit - whats the best voice vocals for recording?

and any GOOD tips, that will make my recording sound better - cause as of now, when i listen to people that record at home eg ness & phene, their voice recording quality sounds really good and alot different to mine, why might that be?

any good ideas for me?
    test
  7. kid848

kid848 Ya Boi Honesty

Your mic and mixing ability...
    test
  8. Jae Stoopz

Jae Stoopz New Member

are you using Cubase SX???
    test
  9. Re-iLL

Re-iLL Basmentality...

yes usin sx
    test
  10. Re-iLL

Re-iLL Basmentality...

i dunno if this might be it, but in terms of record file type i have it currently set to broadcast wave file, my other options are wave file, aiif file, and wave 64 file...i have no idea what a broadcast wave is...could this be the issue?

thanks,
    Reill
    test
  11. Jae Stoopz

Jae Stoopz New Member

if you wouldnt mind, could you please upload that for me, ya mix sounds wicked good and ive been tryna find that Cubase for months, thanks, stay up, 1
    test
  12. CompassSaviour

CompassSaviour Got no brain, goin insane

Broadcast wave is just a wave file with a timecode stamp on it, so when you save a session using broadcast wavs, you can import them into any other program and you won't have to reposition them to their correct spots.
    test
  13. ()Solitary

()Solitary New Member

^thanks fo da info
    People use Cubase because it spossed to give better quality..but in this case..I'd try to fuck with the bit rate
    test
  14. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

people use cubase because they like the program better...

DAW has no effect on your quality, a 1 is a 1, no matter what program it is, cubase, nuendo, pro tools, digital performer, logic, whatever...
    test
  15. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

exactly. after a while u start to see they have minor differences in the outputs that u hear from the computer but the renders are all the same pretty much. thats what made me say fuck Pro Tools and Sonar and go back to Acid since thats what I know best. Its easy to use and Im fast with it and I prefer its combo w/ Soundforge vs anything else out there. Pick something and get great w/ it. I still hate cool edit tho
    test
  16. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Agreed.

I use Pro Tools because I like Pro Tools. Before I had Pro Tools, and Nuendo, and Cubase I was using Cool Edit and I swore up and down CE Pro was just as good. And, of course, I'm fast as hell with it. Really intuitive interface. But you'll be surprised how much of the little things become big things espacing Cool Edit. Find something and freak it. I just suggest, EVENTUALLY, moving away from Cool Edit.

I was having the same problem with Cubase a while back. Can't remember what I did...if anything to fix it lol
    test
  17. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

agreed. cool edit is a great learning tool for those who know nothing but its the options in higher end software that make them better tools than Cool Edit. shit Acid is a lower end tool but Soundforge is one of the best editors on the market. And since Acid and Soundforge were designed to go hand it hand it just works for me otherwise Id keep goin with Sonar or maybe a Pro Tools rig
    test
  18. Jae Stoopz

Jae Stoopz New Member

someone please upload Cubase
    test
  19. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

not going to happen....

no links to cracked software allowed on the forum...if i see one, it's getting edited and deleted

use aim for that shit
    test
  20. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

lol get a cheap version of Cubase for $150. If u have a emu soundcard it comes with Cubase
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.