Why is the wedding day the most important day for a female?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Alias3000, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

I have never understood this concept. who started this shit and why have they gone from simple ceremonies in the backyard to million dollar events??

Is it about money now?
    test
  2. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

it is about her status within a group (of people) to show that she is now taken and happy and to prove herself and everyone else (mostly her friends and family)that she finally 'arrived'' somewhere (sort of a timemark, a point in time shes always been waiting for in her mind), that she is now a complete woman (most likely subconcious) as well as meeting her own expectations and fantasies involving the concept of marriage through its representation in the media, newspapers, movies, books and such.

By marrying in such big fashion a female may feel that the occasion has been given reasonable and sufficient attention. It is what drives many (ego) driven females the most, to compensate & accomodate their low self esteem, so a big marriage fest will usually result in every attention seeking females ..wettest of dreams-
    test
  3. godmother

godmother New Member

I could give less of a fuck about weddings.

Originally marriages were more or less business exchanges in which families could elevate their socio-economic status by marrying off daughters to wealthier families. It is also a way to keep money within certain social circles. It is highly influenced by our ever-changing culture.... marriages were at a time polygamous, for instance.

Marriages are personal nowadays to those involved. Backyard weddings still exist. However we live in a society where the main, if not only goal in life is to be wealthy. We are fed ideas and concepts through the cultural dialogue (media, high socialites, government). It is a way for both religious and non-religious people to feel 'complete.' Weddings themselves are a show or celebration of the union between two people. In the celebrity world it is a show of wealth, status, etc.

i hope that answers your question.
    test
  4. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

I cant think of anything worse - I actually feel sick at the thought of a whole day with me as the focal point, nightmare stuff, not for me, just totally not for me.

I'd rather spend the money on a really cool holiday on some 'trip of a lifetime' type steez
    test
  5. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

thats what vegas is for
    test
  6. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Isn't that if you wish to have an annulment done the next day?
    test
  7. Raphael

Raphael New Member

Cuz she has all the attention in the world on that day!
    test
  8. PR STATUS GFU

PR STATUS GFU Under The Influence

fuck'a'wedding plan
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

to me people get married too easily. I do not want to make that mistake. Nothing worse than being legally binded to someone you loathe who when you seperate you will have to divide everything evenly with (maybe not so evenly either)

i think chicks like weddings so much because societal pressures say they should. Society says a proper woman gets married has 2 kids and a dog and a minivan or its luxury equivalent lol.
    test
  10. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

good stuff
    test
  11. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

It's about living out a childhood fantasy and feeling special & validated as a woman.
    test
  12. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

its tight -eyes!!!!!!!
    test
  13. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

In the flesh!! (or HTML lol)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.