Why is Splinter Cell so fucking hard?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Ethan Albright, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

and all games these days for that matter. Jesus....who can aim with an analog joystick?....

frustrates the hell out of me. Thats the first shooting type game I've tried in awhile. Played for 15 minutes and turned it off.

i wish games would go back to being somewhat simple/fun.... but then I know gamer nerds would complain.
    test
  2. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

suggestion: buy a gamecube and play nothing but mario related games.

it's not hard to aim with the analog stick. double agent is actually one of the more easier splinter cell games imo. it's got a great story line and both perspectives of work.
    test
  3. Ethan Albright

That's why I mostly play sports games.

maybe i've just got to get used to aiming with it, but the thing goes everywhere but where I want it to. I can get it to the target once I'm almost shot the fuck up.
    test
  4. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

you playing on ps2 or xbox?...

cause i find the ps2 analog shitty for aiming......its sticks too much to the center and doesnt give much range to do any small movements
    test
  5. Ethan Albright

360. Controller's brand new...not sure if that'd have anything to do with it. Probably still a little stiff.
    test
  6. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Splinter Cell is hard because you can't run and gun...you have to actually be stealthy and somewhat crafty. You have to lure enemies away from your targets....and you're just simply outnumbered. I remember playing Splinter Cell Choas Theory which is hard as hell....I STILL haven't beat it...hmm..maybe I'll play it today. Anyhow...those types of games force you to think about your enemy...they force you to recognize patterns and come up with different plans. God forbid if your plan goes wrong..then you have to think even quicker when you need to get away. I've always loved Splinter Cell...Metal Gear....any game where you are outnumbered and you have to outsmart your enemy......GOOD STUFF. Although..Splinter Cell takes 5 times the skill in comparison to Metal Gear. Splinter Cell makes metal gear look like Mario Bros. 1 or something. I haven't played the new Splinter Cell yet..but..I can imagine it hasn't changed. It's probably hard as hell....frustrating.....and you have to play a level 2,000 times before you get the shit right. They lowered the influence of those damn alarms in chaos theory....not that it helped. I THINK i'm on the 3rd level in that game..hard as shit. I feel ur pain. Chaos Theory is the best one I've played so far....
    test
  7. Ethan Albright

I just played a minute ago again, and adjusted the aim sensitivity. That helped a good bit. I did okay until I ran out of ammo, and then was ganged up on.

and i also found it frustrating that i couldnt run, dive, etc... unless I just haven't figured out how to.

I'm not familiar with the 360 controller yet, and not even close to with the splintercell controls.

takes some getting used to I suppose, but this game is too technical for my liking I think. I don't want it to be THAT realistic.
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Splinter Cell is garbage.
    test
  9. LiQuiD6

i dunno....i didnt find it that hard.....you just have to be patient......

i beat all of em except the double agent one cause i havent played it yet....waiting for my 360....

im a big fan of the splintercell series though......i like the "realism" and patience it takes to kill the enemy...cant just go guns blazing or its a wrap.......and you actually have to use night vision, heat sensors and electricity sensors to finish the game....

and i agree that metal gear is very primitive as far as stealth goes compared to splintercell.....its more focused on the story elements then the actual stealth gameplay.....splintercell is a lot more technical with shit
    test
  10. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

You don't have a 360? Are you buying one soon or something?
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

dont have one...i have an xbox....i was supposed to get a 360 at launch...i was at line at a costco and everything...and I was in a good spot to get one....and then the idiots decided to pull a raffle and i ended up losing the raffle for a spot to buy one...and since then ive just been too busy with bills and life to buy a 360..so nope...no 360...
    test
  12. Ethan Albright

I've gotten the hang of it and beaten the misson given in the demo.

Lot of things I didn't know you could do...climbing and what-not.

Pretty dope, but yeah... I don't have the patience for this kind of stuff. Give me the fictional run-n-gun fun stuff.
    test
  13. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

To me..the learning curve for Splinter Cell was high....you have to learn all of these special moves..etc. Then you have to know when and where to use them....sometimes it does become a bit time consuming. Then there is like no music in the game unless danger is around....I usually can only play Splinter Cell for 30 minutes at a time...then I usually lose my patience.
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

analog joystick is the best thing to happen to Xbox 360.

It feels waaay more realistic than a D-pad.
    And my thumbs don't blister.

practice on aiming, I'd hate to see you play gears of war.

Of course I didn't have to practice, gaming is one of my retard strengths.
    test
  15. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

I agree, not with the splinter cell thing

but the analog aiming is just gay
    test
  16. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

said the disgruntled gamer

hes wrong

anyways
    splinter cell aint to hard, you just need to understand what your doing, you ran out of bullets because your shooting to much, make more takedowns up close, use less bullets, or use your special rounds (stick camera, air foil rounds, or that shock shit whatever it called)
    test
  17. LiQuiD6

how the fuck you supposed to aim then??
    test
  18. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

You shouldnt even be shootin that gun too much. Games all about stealth. Only thing that frustrates me is the fucking trust system, I'm always playing a level with absolutely no trust on one side.
    test
  19. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

i feel you, i was in the same position quite a few levels
    test
  20. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

Ya man it sucks. Gotta do everything totally perfect for one of the sides. I'd be at the end of a level and have to completely restart because of a fucking camera.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.