Why is Satan bad

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Geedorah, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Ass Napkin Ed

Ass Napkin Ed DC - 19th & Benning Rd

no blood sacrifice - no redemption

same thing Satanists say
    test
  2. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Coup, the bible is decieving you and you CHOOSE to believe it. I'm just pointing that out. You warn of how lies become true, and truth become lies, yet your defenses are completely down against a so-called holy book.
    test
  3. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

It's impossible for a book to deceive anyone.

People deceive people.
    test
  4. AliceHouse

I suppose it doesn't actually say anywhere in the bible "Take this shit seriously."

Though the same can't be said of the qu'ran.
    test
  5. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Many books of fiction are told as fact.

If we knew all along it was fiction it wouldn't be fun. Losing ourselves within the fiction and allowing it to become a fact is what makes it enjoyable.
    test
  6. AliceHouse

Fair enough. I've let fictional worlds become a bit too real for me at times.

The point is though that Coup let's the bible dictate his every thought. That's not healthy.
    test
  7. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Yes, well, it could be worse.

He could be letting 120 Days of Sodom dictate his every thought.
    test
  8. Geedorah

Geedorah King

What was so bad that Satan did?
    Disobeyed Gods command and thats it?
    test
  9. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Bad is subjective.

Some people think his temptation in the garden of Eden was evil.

But the rest of us, who appreciate perspective, pain, and experience, feel otherwise.
    test
  10. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

displayed arrogance.

considered the first sin ever committed.

:numaan:
    test
  11. x calibur

x calibur

this is fascinating, tbh.

to clarify, by economy I meant scarcity. as long as there are limited resources, we live under economic conditions. there was no economy in the garden of eden, because it had limitless abundance.

even if what you're saying is true, I still stick to my point. which is that if Adam & Eve had not succumbed to temptation, they could live as unfallen beings in gods grace. even if we are totally obedient today, and even if our sins are atoned... we still live in a world full of deception, in a fleshy form that is weak to temptation. if god created the world to be good, why let a race created in his own image be condemned to turbulence and sin? the only way it's fair is if every individual was given the same test as Adam & Eve before being born.

you could definitely argue that adultery is a more severe moral offense than it's considered to be in modern culture. especially if you consider a husband & wife to be of one flesh. still, death sentences for this and other forms of perversion, as well as religious indiscretions (like soothsaying, apostasy, etc.), seems entirely too extreme. unless of course, you're trying to maintain your tribal culture against larger and more influential ancient near eastern cultures - in that context, it makes sense.

I see.

although you reject other religions, I find them very reasonable. there are many worthy ideas in the Quran, for example. and the Buddhists teach temperance, humility, and goodness, even though their doctrines are radically different from any Abrahamic religions. How can I know who has transcendent truth, when there are so many competing claims?

I respect Jesus. being a prophet is very difficult, a messiah even more so. to be a prophet, you must convince the world that you bear transcendent truth. to be a messiah, you must convince the world that you embody transcendent truth. no one accomplished this better than Jesus/Yeshua.

the New Testament is overall far more reasonable. but can a man be saved from destruction, even if he never knew who Jesus was?

the statement that the true path is narrow, and the path to destruction is wide, always seemed to ring true to me. in any case, worldly nature is dominant. to live in the world as flesh, yet transcend this to follow a higher ideal, is definitely a rocky and narrow path. but I have no way of knowing which transcendent ideal is correct.
    test
  12. Geedorah

Geedorah King

No, God committed first sin ever.
    test