"Why?" is not a logical question.

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Ghet for Prez, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Wow, this guy dropped in out of nowhere . . . how you doin man? Still down there in Mexico?
    test
  2. Tadou

Tadou Vote 4 Pedro

Naw, I came back in '05, and hit the Gym as often as I used to hit the Net......(insert your own joke here.)

But something was missing.....so back I come. But it looks as if this board is becoming more and more Conservative, with pockets of Liberal Pussies and no Liberal Powerhouses. Very surprising.

I might have to pick a fight with one of my own, just for the sake of argument. It's gonna be a bitch though, finding a good nuance to misinterpret and running with it.
    test
  3. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Welcome back
    test
  4. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

well said @ tadou.

"why?" falls in the same category as "so?"

theyre usually used for control more than anything.
    test
  5. d-rell

d-rell New Member

If we didn't wonder 'why', then what would we wonder?

If we didn't ask 'why', then we wonder in vain.

Besides, you're explaining to us why "why?" isn't a logical question. Therefore affiliating your answer with the same invalid inferences in which you claim the question inhabits. If 'why is not a logical question' is your premise, then you can't, logically, explain to an audience 'why' it's not. You've created a pretty deep fallacy, but then again, thats in and of your nature, you're an intelligent dumb ass.

~1~
    test
  6. WHAT DA FAWK HAPPENED TO MY THREAD

Anyways, I still hold that "Why" is an emotional question. It comes with the audacious assumption that the person asking is capable of comprehending the event chain requested from "Why?".

If the person was capable of copmrehending, with a nearly unlimited imagination, all possible event chains for a situation, he would no longer question the event chain possibilities, but his own limitation.

Since human questioning never naturally progresses to that stage quickly, "Why?" is not only an emotional question, but an emotional crutch.
    test
  7. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Do you write with your left hand?
    test
  8. and by pen he means penis
    test
  9. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Nobody even used the word pen, fag.
    test
Thread Status: