"Why?" is not a logical question.

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Ghet for Prez, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

test
  2. Ahhh and that's where we get the emotion from!

Math doesn't need a reason to follow logic. That is anthropomorphic hubub talking :D

If the inverse is built by laws determined by it's dependancy structures underneath, all made of matter which can be interpreted as energy or information... then physical logic (physics, etc.) is reactionary, not moral.

The moment a human attempts to interpret that physical logic, reactionary physical dependancies take on greater-than-needed significance so that the transisition between physical and anthropomorphic logic can place.

Consider this advanced Hume, but this time, we aren't attacking perception. We are attacking how the brain handles information.
    test
  3. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Maths doesn't need a reason to follow logic, but there does have to be a reason for the logic of maths to be worked out.

I'm not arguing that humans aren't largely emotional-and-not-logical creatures, but I am arguing: a) there has to be some logic to why. The only real way you could have come to the conclusion that "why?" is illogical is by asking yourself "why ask why?" and b) there's nothing inherently superior about logic in contrast to emotion.

I'll get back to the handling of information in a bit. Gotta go.
    test
  4. teq the decider

teq the decider sexual predator

You dunderhead. If the universe is made up of balance and I exist within the universe then by your own assertion I must balance out something. Id speculate it was your gayness.
    test
  5. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Well, duh. I know you balance out something - and there's no need to make any jokes here, we all know anyway. But we're talking about the balance between emotion and logic.

I know you can only comprehend corny action films from the 80s and politics (the least worthwhile topic in the whole of mankind), but do try to keep up.

[dummy]
    test
  6. mac10

mac10 New Member

lol @ this thread. Man ya'll got too much time on your hands...
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Actually I came to the thought, WHY ASK WHY. Then I remembered that commerical about Bud Dry. LOL!

Can "why" be Ambiguous? Why is a logical question asked in human nature, Most commonly heard when something is not visible, known, or shown. However, If you see a person crossing the road to get to the other side, Why is not a logical question to ask.
    test
  8. It is if a car is coming.
    test
  9. McGirth

McGirth New Member

you do realize that "information" is in the past right?
    test
  10. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

why aren't you coming?

why did you get a salad?

why did you buy that piece of shit?

but, why do you love me?

why aren't they coming to dinner?

why was that bitch wearing that skirt?

why didn't you turn there?
    test
  11. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

All meaningless questions.
    test
  12. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

asked by woman

hahaha
    test
  13. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

How come you would need to know, WHY? If a Guy is crossing the road (regradless of cars coming) what is the need for, WHY? Especially if you're vigilantly looking on. Doesn't common sense tell you a guy is jay-walking to get to the other side?

You know WHY, he wants to get to the other side.
    You've never crossed a busy road (Jay-walked) to get to the other side?
    WHY should not be asked because the destination(other side) is the answer.
    test
  14. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

all i know is when i ask 'why' i get answers.
    test
  15. Yes common sense tells you that, and although the most common, it is not 'always' the answer. He maybe trying to throw himself under a car. This rare instance would put 'why' to the forefront.
    test
  16. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

but then you would have your common sense answer.

He's a moron.
    test
  17. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

This whole post assumes that anyone asking why (think: a two year old who only knows 6 words, one is "no" another is "why") actually has ever stopped long enough to consider anything that resembles your attempt at a syllogism here. In reality, a person may be asking "why" simply because he wants a logical answer. It is fair enough to do so and if you don't have a logical answer to your inquity, then it is completely logical to ask "why".

In fact, it's illogical not to.
    test
  18. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

DING!
    test
  19. Tadou

Tadou Vote 4 Pedro

I ask "How" about 100x more often than I ask "Why"

"Why" pisses me off like no other. Try offering a guess, a statement or SOMETHING, and then asking me if you're (close to) correct. Don't bother asking me Why and making me do all the work.

The same can be applied to all the Science/Knowledge questions above. Why is meant to be a prompt or hypothesis.....not a question in the traditional sense of the word.
    test
  20. Tadou

Tadou Vote 4 Pedro

Short, simple, and to the point.

"Why?" = Emotion("How?"+Ignorance)

I'm horrible at math, but thats how I'd put it.

Consider:

"WHY is the sky blue?"
    "HOW is the sky blue?"

WHY already assumes that the sky is blue and that's that; that, given a blue sky, we simply need to find a reason why. It's flawed at its core.

Whereas the HOW question implies that the sky might not even be blue. Even if it were to be blue, it also prompts you to discover the reason. There are no "givens".

All of you people complaining and bitching and defending the use of the word "Why?" are the same kind of people who ask "Why? Why? Why?" when you want to badger someone into not arguing with you any more so you can "win". Why is purely an offensive weapon, not a tool for the discovery of truth.

You're the same kind of people who say "Opinions are like assholes", but at the same time, you don't want real conversations (exchanges of ideas). You want arguments (back and forth Why?-ing, raw emotion and ad hominem).

98% of arguments can be won by simply avoiding Why questioning and forcing the other person to explain themselves. This is because 98% of time they're full of shit, are ignorant on the topic, and their only current way to continue is to get you to answer more questions so they'll have more to attack.

You ever wonder why people like me can't be beat into submission? Well....that ^^^^^ is why.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.