"Why?" is not a logical question.

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Ghet for Prez, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UPDATED POST!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I still hold that "Why" is an emotional question. It comes with the audacious assumption that the person asking is capable of comprehending the event chain requested from "Why?".

If the person was capable of copmrehending, with a nearly unlimited imagination, all possible event chains for a situation, he would no longer question the event chain possibilities, but his own limitation.

Since human questioning never naturally progresses to that stage quickly, "Why?" is not only an emotional question, but an emotional crutch.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    OLD POST!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

When one mutters the word "Why?" he instinctively applies thousands of generations of bias in that single word without even knowing it.

"Why?" is a shortened way of saying "Can you please sythensize a continual chain of explinations that leads up to this piece of information?"

Why is the apple red?
    Why is the car not moving?
    Why does 1 + 1 = 2?

"Why?" is laden with a subtle audacity of the person uttering it. The person suggests that with "Why?" alone he can dissern the completeness of the situation. As if he is even capable of seeing all parts of information to determine a sequential chain or related events leading up to a specific point, assigning priority of permutation.

"Why is Why? not a logical question?" you ask yourselves? A simple thought experiment:

- Esai is an entity that can combine information and semantics into every possible combination in relation to each other. For example, if Esai knows only the words "The apple is red" then Esai can consider:

"The X Is Y."
    "Is X the Y?"
    "If X is Y, then A?"
    "If X is not Y, then A?"
    "If X is (comparitive reference) of Y, then A?"
    "If X is not (comparitive reference) of Y, then A?"

X and Y being objects of Esai's knowledge, A being permutations. Esai can also recursively infer permutations. Such as

"If A is B, then C?"
    "If C is not D, then E?"
    etc.

Theoretically, Esai can induce every possible degree of information permutation due to recursion. Esai, however, only contains information about this ability of infinite permutation. He no other information to utilize.

- Esai also wants more and more knowledge at all times and can demand and ask questions from other entities.

- Library is an entity that contains only information for Esai that helps Library and Esai communiate. Library follows every order of Esai without question. This knowledge is obviously limited.

- Construct is the place where Esai and Library exist.

With all of this in mind...

Would Esai ever ask the question "Why?" if Esai can create all possible permutations of information it currently knows? If you argue that the act of creating permutations of information is Esai asking itself "Why?" then you agree that Why? is not a logical question, but an integrated process of it's computational abilities.
    test
  2. MC Bill Buckner

MC Bill Buckner New Member

why is jadakiss as hard as it gets?
    test
  3. cock juggler

cock juggler Double ML=STUD

why did you post this bullshit?
    test
  4. junio sixnine

junio sixnine hasta la victoria siempre

thats stupid. if someone started doing jumping jacks in the middle of class, i would ask why, not because of thousands of generations of bias, but because i wana know why the fuck is he doing jumping jacks. when he says "because i feel like it" i get an answer and the situation is over.
    test
  5. Three superficial responses.

Three superficial lifeforms.

Three sources of labor for my field.
    test
  6. MC Bill Buckner

sorry. you are the smartest person alive. my jokes do nothing but demonize you. please continue to educate the masses you special guy you.
    test
  7. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Wow, I have never seen somebody write so much and say so little.

Without "why" there would be no accomplishments, everything would remain stagnant, and mankind would be no different than animals.

"Why did the spark create fire?" - Thousands of years later "Lighter"

Apply it to everything and you have the answer to why "why" is necessary.
    test
  8. MC Bill Buckner

You Dont Understand Infrastructure!
    test
  9. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

I know

I'm a dumb civilian
    test
  10. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Ghet Asking "why" is human nature.
    test
  11. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Human: 'Hmm. Every fibre of my being exists so it can be passed on to the next generation. And yet here I am, conscious of my existance. Experiencing pain and love and uncertainty and everything else that makes up a person's life. And most importantly, I'm all too aware of death.' The only logical question is 'Why?'. And whatever answer you get from that question becomes your purpose, the most important thing in a person's life.

Ghet, when I went through a 'life is meaningless' phase we used to have arguments about purpose, with you firmly in the camp that each and every single person has one. Purpose is the natural consequence of asking why.

Everything you believe is because you're working towards what you think is your destiny, Ghet. The only reason you believe in it so strongly is because it gives an answer to WHY you went through all the horrible shit you suffered as a kid.

Agent Smith: Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more that your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Yes? No? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?
    Neo: Because I choose to.
    test
  12. teq the decider

teq the decider sexual predator

What? you are even stealing insults used against yourself to use againt others. There appears to be no end to your plaigarism

where do you get off trying to pull this shit?

when did you happen upon this bizarre belief that you are in someway intelligent?

why do you persist to plaigarise and lie to the end of proving this supposed intelligence when everyone knows full well you are both a pathological liar and an idiot?

how is the the term youre thinking of in your example, shitbrains.
    test
  13. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

How is "the the" term I'm thinking of in my example, shitbrains?

And you call me an idiot?
    What exactly were you trying to say there?

[funny]

Go jump "off off" a "cliff cliff" you "dumb dumb" fuck.
    test
  14. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Wow!

That was THE most senseless sentence I've ever read on RM.
    Even Menaz with his literacy issues couldn't top that.
    test
  15. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You spelled mail like male.

Shut up faggot.
    test
  16. Look at your response.

Laden with emotion.

Further proof that WHY? is not a logical question, but a biological neurological inaptidue to attach information in a continual way.

I'm glad we agree.
    test
  17. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

if anyone sounds emotional in their posts, its you ghet.
    test
  18. If einstein hadn't asked why where would your quantum theory be now?
    test
  19. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Ghet - Where would we be if people didn't ask "why?" Where will mankind go if we stop asking "why"? Did you seriously just have a dumb day or something? I can't believe this thread even came from you.
    test
  20. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

his point is rather dull as of late.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.