why is it you think some men can't deal with a independent woman

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by mr.rip, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

Some men can't handle a woman that can stand on her own two feet and others can't stand the fact that their woman makes more money then them lol that makes me no difference it's all coming in the same house hahha
    test
  2. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

yeah u ge t used to it..some women make good money but keep their female traits..then its np. behind every successful woman is a successful man.
    test
  3. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

behind every successful woman is a successful man

words to live by
    test
  4. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

Men like that seem to need a woman to be [financially] dependent on them for some reason... like, if she isn't dependent them financially, they're insecure and don't know how else they can fit into the woman's life or be of use/importance to her.
    test
  5. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

lol hell thats easy cook and clean and be there for here when she need somebody to talk to haha there are all kinds of ways to still be there for her lol he a weak man is what i think
    test
  6. tight-eyes

Yeah, I think it's a sign of weakness for some... misguided self-worth in others. Either way, its a turn off!
    test
  7. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

It's 2006... are women still being supported financially by men??

I know many dudes who'd rather be "kept" by a woman.
    test
  8. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

hell you need to peeps to make it now days
    test
  9. tight-eyes

Yes, there are women who are still being financially supported by men... I know several who are totally dependent on their husbands for financial support. And I know some men who prefer to be "kept", too... so, yeah.
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^If it's a marriage, I see no problem with that... it's all about fulfilling your roles... he brings home the bacon, she cooks it and vice versa... that's a partnership.

Some people prefer to have one parent stay home with the kid(s) instead of having strangers raise them... I see nothing wrong with that, as well.

A family can sustain off of one income... depending on how much it is and what your financial obligations are... if you're big spenders and have a massive amount of debt, then you'll need a lot of money... and sometimes, two incomes may be necessary... but at what cost to the family?? It's why the divorce rate is higher for professionals because you got two people chasing money and not each other.
    test
  11. tight-eyes

I understand what youre saying about a healthy amount of interdependence in a relationship and I agree. But what Rip and I are talking about is more along the lines of men who feel threatened by their women not needing them for money... and that's not a good look, IMO.
    test
  12. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Tell that dude to go to the projects... he'll find plenty of women who'll want him for his money... nah, just playing.
    test
  13. SuB zer0

SuB zer0 A.D.R.I.A.N.N.A

those niggas are pussys

who the fuck cares

long as she doesnt throw in his face

and same for vice versa

damn its 2006

fuck bein dependant
    test
  14. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

Tell that dude to go to the projects... he'll find plenty of women who'll want him for his money... nah, just playing.

lol you don't have to be playing haha thats real talk shit i use to hear that shit all the time in the PJ's talking bout i want me a man with some money and help me take care of my kids lol they sleep walking cause some of them got to many damn kids. to help take care of. But if they find a man that's man enough to take care of them and their kids that's a good man.
    test
  15. tight-eyes

Sheeeeit... while I'm at it, I'll tell him to slide through the church house... plenty of women up in the congregation praying on the lawd to send them a [rich] huuuuusband to take over they households [ie bad ass kids] and finances(LMAO... let me get out of here before I get struck down by lightening).
    test
  16. tight-eyes

Word to big bird... dudes like that have that King of the Castle Complex: I bring home the bacon, therefore I am! Women who don't need men for thei money still need them for other things like emotional support, companionship, taking out the trash, etc.
    test
  17. badassyella

badassyella New Member

some guys i know, need to feel NEEDED...when the indipendent woman is doing everything for herself, he feels as if he aint playin his part as the man in the relationship, like with supportin her n doin stuff for her, n cant handle that
    test
  18. tight-eyes

Shit, that ain't just the projects... I know plenty of middle & upper-class families who encourage their daughters to marry a man that has money and can take care of them... in fact, that's the expectation... bringing home a "nikka who ain't got shit" is out of the question. I've heard more than a few suburban mothers coaching their daughters on how to land that rich/educated guy... when a girl brings a guy home (or even mentions that she's dating him), the first thing the parents ask is what he does for a living and whether or not he's educated.
    test
  19. tight-eyes

exactly.
    test
  20. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Everyone likes to feel needed... otherwise, why be in a relationship?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.