Why is it that?

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by VA slim, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VA slim

VA slim New Member

...every single person on this site when questioned about their level of talent or dedication... claim that they are already "making moves" offline... and have worked with "fill in your favorite artist"...and are the next thing to come out of their region...

but noone ever hears of any of you when they actually go off the net? i mean... maybe im jumping to conclusions but when people talk all this extra noise...it just makes it real hard to believe when you dont go off the net and hear the same peoples name EVER... just some food for thought before the next time you decide to name drop or claim that someone else will never make moves like you...

and if you angry about this then youre feelin guilt...bottom line
    test
  2. Meta_Mayne

Meta_Mayne Sup my Niger?

I've recorded in Bhudda Monk's Studio before. Lol.
    test
  3. Meta_Mayne

Meta_Mayne Sup my Niger?

Btw: That is true.
    test
  4. Twisted ICP Cock

Twisted ICP Cock New Member

i think hes talking about nokas
    test
  5. EdJames

EdJames I'm Ed James Bitch

It's called "NOKAS SYNDROME" or more commonly known as "EGOTISTITIS".
    test
  6. EdJames

EdJames I'm Ed James Bitch

LOL I actually wrote my comment before seeing what you'd written! LOL
    test
  7. Its Raw

Its Raw Vice Raw Ya'll

yo slim whattup man...skits told me yall discussed some things so thats whassup

and yo i agree with what u sayin here...

i think that its cool to have worked with big names...but i think some people start to rely on those other people to move their units or give them more credibility and don't focus on really improving their craft. don't get me wrong im gettin at cats for collabs...but WITH OR WITHOUT THEM im movin units...period
    test
  8. BTruth

BTruth Guest

Think about the number of people/mixtapes floating around out there that are dope. A little bit of a buzz aint shit, and if you arent real deep into their region, your not ganna hear about it. Fact is, I beleive most of these cats. Because I rarely even hear about the mixtape cats out there with a HUGE buzz. I wasn't up on cassidy til he damn near dropped his album. Ali Vegas, Saigon, etc. I mean, if I wasn't online, I know for a fact i'd cop albums before mixtapes (unless its a solo mixtape) so I would never hear of these cats.

People out there might be movin 5,000 units (ness, i heard he moved 8k, that might be off though), but if you werent doin this online shit, would you have ever heard of ness? Probably not unless you watched that showtime show.

I'm just sayin it's a big world, and for people like myself takin baby steps with each new opprotunity, its no surprise no ones heard of these people. Hell, most people haven't even heard of the people with a nice buzz.
    test
  9. Likle Gotti

Likle Gotti New Member

no offence dude

but i've seen u mention your songs with lil jon or kanye or whoever else about a million times....what makes u any different?....I'm not even saying u didnt do songs with them or w/e but its almost the samething
    test
  10. ILLRoyalty

ILLRoyalty just pooted

ok theres a difference between blowing up nationwide, and then blowing up locally....

there could be a bomb ass artist in texas right now that everyone in texas knows and hes making all sorts of money and doing all sorts of shows and shit... but i dont know him...

if someone STOPS posting on this site, that is more proof of someone making actual moves than if they sit tehre and talk about it....

a lot of people are actually making moves but just dont see the need to post about it, because of course there are gonna be haters and shit that post shit like " yea right bitch fuck you "
    test
  11. Terrible Twos

Terrible Twos Original SiN

I rapped at tha hit factory b4...well actually I was standing outside tha building spittin freestyles for money...which really means it WASNT a free style...hmmm...deep
    test
  12. Twisted ICP Cock

Twisted ICP Cock New Member

yeah right bitch fuck you
    test
  13. MicMyth

MicMyth Active Member

Aright quit the chitter chatter, hit me on aim- MicMyth and send me all Punchline Kingz songs cuz I lost the fucking cd I had...

thanks.
    test
  14. Kilometerz

Kilometerz Active Member

i aint gonna lie...i aint doin shit lmao...

the best ive done is made $100 for featuring on some Religious rock song that needed a rap part to it...dropped 20 lines...and left....

the engineer has been showing it to a bunch of people he knows and its getting good responses...but its really from the wrong crowd...im not gonna really get into religious rap...
    test
  15. Terrible Twos

Terrible Twos Original SiN

I guess sarcasm isnt one of your strong points... unless YOU were being sarcastic in which case, fuck you right back!
    test
  16. SALVDOR

SALVDOR Delyreeuz Owns Me

well i alwayz shake my head at those who are like "im on so and so's mixtape"

or im 'hosted by so and so"

im like 'wow.. great.. your on an album that won't sell any real numbers and are braggin bout it like your going to be signed tomorrow"

its great to get promo.. but some kids use that shit on her like its a real fuckin credential

GO refine your skill.... get your stage name.... and make dope music and earn your right

and i'll give some respect & notice

i just hate how katz here just dont' have any common sense or business sense

Its like tha same thing.. clamin who u 'collab' wit ... and who's 'mixtape' your on.. is using a name to promote yourself rather than yourself doin it for u

wuteva happened to going out and gettin a real hussle on

kids
    test
  17. Dee To Tha

Dee To Tha New Member

promo is promo
    test
  18. twelvetwentysix

twelvetwentysix New Member

Because it is easy to fabricate anything because your identity is unknown , I can say or claim I have worked w / Big Daddy Kane or Joe Budden and no one would know it or be able to prove it because obviously I do not produce under the name John Holmes , I can point to a name on anyone of those albums and claim thats me. If someone can lie and get away w / it 9 out of 10 times they will , feel me. Now lets talk about getting AC3 and VA Slim on one of my mixtapes , ACs already on the joint I got brewing w / DJ Chuck T but Slims not. Scream at your boy.
    test
  19. Arkon

Arkon ''Ozone check ya PMs''

Nokas.net
    test
  20. twelvetwentysix

twelvetwentysix New Member

This kid is fucking dumb...You do not know the first thing about putting real music on the streets so stop trying to school ~~~~~s on how to go about it.

Give me one good reason by being on someones mixtapes is nothing something worth putting on your resume and tell me why getting a creditable DJ to host your mixtape is not something to brag about....? I am seriously dien to know , seriously.

Just so you know mixtapes do numbers in the rang of 4000 - 30,000 copies per release and if any one artist is on 2 or 3 of those mixtapes , and lets say the lowerst number for the sake of argument , thats 12,000 people who are exposed to that artists music.

If you have a known DJ hosting your mixtape , for example Hoss who has Kool Kid host his , you can move around 50% to 65% of that DJs numbers because loyal mixtape fans will buy anything w / that DJs name on it. Thats a smart business move where I am from. Whats a smart business move to you? Going out and putting countless hours and money into a solo LP that sells 3 or 4 copies like most of these cats on here do? Or do you consider an $800 check from mp3 a real savvy business move? How do you think underground artists build thier stage name? They hit mixtapes and college radio . How do you propose they do that? enter every online battle ? You dont know the first thing about building a name or refining your skills because you lack both. Stop trying to educate people like you know what the fuck your talking about because you dont.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.