Why is it that many parents don't understand that a three-year-old is only ~ a child?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

It's amazing how parents are relentlessly prone to transfer their own ambition onto their children. Especially those unfulfilled or shortfallen ones. You'll notice that daughters of small and slightly fat mothers will usually be ballerinas, children of those who have the lack of a musical ear will be forced to be taking classes for piano or violin; children of bourgeois residentials will have to be scouts, kids of short-sighted, modelers will have to be pilots, and kids of chronic hypochondriacs ~ doctors, of course!

Much worse is the fact that parents simply don't understand: if they're stupid enough to drag some things through life themselves, it doesn't mean that the same should be automatically apllied for their kids as well. Three-year-old child can't be an athlete, musician, or a scientist. Can't be Christian, Buddhist or atheist. The only thing they can be ~ is only a child. It may be an Eskimo, American, Italian. It can be Asian, but most definitely can't be a vegetarian or vegan! The child simply had the misfortune of being born to vegetarian or vegan parents. It honestly feels as if this blunt child abuse in our society is one of the most overlooked. Society, which gives parents the right to classification according to child's characteristics, which they themselves have gained in life.

Someone slightly dissatisfied with themself, who just decided to experiment with food. Nothing wrong with that. However ~ (hypothetically of course) after a few years that person ends up in a food cult, for example, between fruitarians, which should be grounds enough to simply not be allowed to have feed their child (in their quintessential development stage) with fruit only. Preferably such that it only fell freely from the trees, because otherwise it's considered ~ as they believe ~ to be a premeditated murder. Of fruit that is.
    It's as if someone, who has finally found his good fortune in cocaine, giving small dosages of the latter to their child, because they found that it really helps them.

Last time during drilling in my hobby shop I was listening to the radio, and this woman tried to justify the recent death of her young child, by the fact that our country doesn't have enough doctors who'd be able to advise parents whose children are vegans. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. That made me so angry that I broke a drill. In our country, there's a lack of doctors, not to mention the legal system who would put away unfit parents. Such people, don't deserve to be parents. Ever.

/rant.
    test
  2. the Prince

the Prince New Member

Nothing but foolish stereotyping. Go back to bed.
    test
  3. Mikaella Ocean

Mikaella Ocean Well-Known Member

test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Nice to know people still respond to stereotypes.
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Whats wrong with raising a child vegetarian? Absolutely nothing.
    test
  6. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

As much as my "fruitarians" example was taken to an extreme, there's nothing wrong with being a vegetarian/vegan, the problem starts when kids don't get enough nutrients to function or even worse, when those vegetarian diets their parents have planned for them end those kids in hospitals, or worse, dead.
    test
  7. the Prince

the Prince New Member

Blah blah blah

Close this topic and try again
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I hear ya... but look at what Joe Jackson did... produced the most famous entertainer of all time... and Bryce Harper's dad created the Lebron James of baseball.

But for real, I hate obsessive parents... there's discipline and then there's giving your kid future therapy bills.
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I think kids not getting enough nutrients is a problem both vegetarians and non-vegetarians share...

you can get all the nutrients you need from veggies and fruits and nuts etc etc just like you can with meat added to the diet.

and if you dont feed your kids properly then youre a retard.

i think im missing the point of your post because there is nothing wrong with a vegatarian diet or vegan diet for that matter. Shit, 3/4 of our food is laced with chemicals and pesticides and steroids... wtf... nothing is natural anymore...unless you grow your own and use all organic shit to grow it...
    test
  10. h.wood

h.wood IMAGINATION SUPER STAR

I'm not sure what this rant is really about gal.
    I am a vegetarian. I do feed my kids meat because I do not think they should be subjected to worrying about supplementing certain amounts of iron or proteins in these years. But.....
    I would rather see parents chose veg lifestyles for their kids and actually care about them , then hand them whatever greasy fast fat filled garbage they could shut them up with.
    With child hood obesity and other health factors to consider, surely there are worser things in life than more greens on a kids plate. There are kids weighing in at 250 lbs at age 10. I think that's a major lack of parenting and care.
    I dont agree with stage moms, pagent moms, or sport parents that push their children into things after they have expressed lack of interest, but again there is nothing wrong with wanting success and happiness for your kid.
    If someone comes from a long line of doctors in their family it's natural to want to place your child into that field because there could be doors easily opened for them . The same as wanting your kid to take over a family buisness.
    Your small - slightly fat comment is just uncool.( Obviously most women think the opposite of them is better in ways. As a small person- the idea of a long lean swan like ballerina is seen as elegant and pretty. Of course the thought of my little princess wanting to dance would be supported) Caring parents would also want their kids to do things to make them feel strong , empowered, smart, beautiful- things to create high self esteem and could let them have fun too. sports -dance -gymnastics is great for all that. Alot of these skills can be developed in early stages and if the accepting age is 3 , then Id rather my 3yr old be there than at home 24/7 or in a day care.
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

I can certainly agree with that...

My allotted incoherence began with how some parents want to live their lives via their children and in a way having too high of expectations when their kids turn 3, then ended it with what even triggered me to write about it ~ the death of an infant, who diet from insuficient nutrition, and then parents blaming the doctors for not telling them how to feed their child properly in the vegeterian/vegan fashion.

That's choosing between two evils (if that's the correct expression) ~ it's as if there's no middle grounds when it comes to food it seems; either it's all shifted towards eating healthy or to an extreme of supersized fast food type meals. It's almost as if the balance between the two is gone.

But yeah, vegeterian over greasy anyday.

Emphasis on parenting and lack there of. How can any parent justify their children being that overweight is puzzling to me. And I'm not yapping against more greens, I'm harping away at parents who deflect their responsibility and not feed their kids properly, end up killing their child and then blaming everyone else, but their own actions.

It's cool if parents find sports and other creative outlets for their children to develop in, but my rant was presicely about the ones who want by any means necessary force their kids into being something they'll never reach. Which sets them up for disappointment, not to mention other problems they'll face during life.

I'm glad you mentioned the business aspect of that as well. It's always cool knowing there is an option of getting into the family business, however that's not as fun when children (who by then become young adults) come to realize they see no prospects in running the family business or wish to become something else profession-wise. Let's say those docs would have a child with aspirations of becoming a painter rather than a doc ~ this is where collisions sometimes happen.

Kids need ways of expression, especially through sports and other creative ways, however certain parents do overstep their "know it all" boundaries.
    test
  12. h.wood

h.wood IMAGINATION SUPER STAR

Yes they can overstep. It seems I come across the opposite negative parenting than u . Where I see less caring , less involved ,self absorbed people with kids. Not quite so many control freaks
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.