Why is it considered a bad thing when...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Ignorant, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

...a woman chooses to have many children?

Especially if she and/or her mate/hubby is able to take care of them financially and emotionally?

Prolific mothers get called all sorts of derogatory, degrading names like "baby-factory" and what not... by men AND women alike.

Why if a woman chooses to participate many times in the very natural function of her being she is looked down upon?

I don't get that all.

This is one of the problems I have with "feminazis"... they started this mindset.

Just because they'd rather advance in their careers and emasculate men, doesn't mean that a woman isn't being a woman or a person if she chooses to have more than 2-3 kids.

Your thoughts?
    test
  2. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Extreme feminists have made women feel guilty for being women.

Having children is the most natural and primal function of being a female.

A woman with 10+ kids is not a baby factory, but a WOMAN... a MOTHER.

Then you get those vain ones who talk about "ruining your body"... da fuck outta here wit that nonsense.

Did you hear about that woman recently who had her 18th child? She and her husband live with their family in a 7,000 sq ft mansion. There were mostly women criticizing her on the blog entries calling her all sorts of names. Hell, at least all of her kids are by the same father... how many women with 2 or 3 kids can say that these days?
    test
  3. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

I had a bunch of children because I was married and wanted a bunch of kids. I am a maternal woman. Even my rap heads treat me like mamma (even though I'm like the same age and shit).

Some women are naturally drawn to that path, just like some women are SOOO NOT! LOL.

I'd gladly have more if I were to remarry.
    test
  4. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

if u can raise the child emotionaly and financially than u could have 10 kids 4 all i care but if i see u in the street with 2 kids in a stroller 1 on ur back,holding 1 with 1 arm and u have your rollers on in front of a kfc trying 2 find change 4 just snackers than i have no love 4 u.
    test
  5. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

... Why is it considered a bad thing when a woman doesn't have/want kids?

2 way street.

I think if the family is able to really provide for those children then god bless them. I have an issue with it when couples get together and have multiple children and live off of the welfare system. I don't like the idea that I can't afford to start my own family because I'm responsible yet I still have to pay for the families that aren't.

I also hate when women who have children look at me or are rude like its not fair that I get to buy what I want, move when I want, go on vacation, go out with friends,etc. If you opted to have children thats not my problem.
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Unh Unh... no changin' the subject, Misty.
    test
  7. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

I think it's just a change in social attitude. For most families, even with the mother and father working, it can be really hard to make ends meet. So it becomes reasonable for the woman to have a career and not just a basic entry level job. That of course leads to taking more time between children and less children overall. I think most families (in the US) have on average 2.6 children? Anyway, that average plus the general idea that a woman who isn't working is completely dependent on a man for financial support, blah, blah, is why there is some negative sentiment.

Personally, I don't see how the number of children in a family could reflect on a woman. As long as the children are healthy and well cared for and as long as the woman has something to call her own besides being a stay-at-home mother. If not a career, than volunteer work, writing, painting... something. So that her children are inspired and her daughters and sons don't grow up feeling they have limitations because of their sex.
    test
  8. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

But I answered the question! Meanie.
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Soooooo... would you consider her a "baby factory" or not?

Why or why not?
    test
  10. Superman70

Superman70 edited

because the mothers who have lots of children without being able to handle them all give them all a bad name, I guess.
    test
  11. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

But I'm talking about the women who CAN support them... not the welfare mothers.

I've seen women ostracize well-to-do women who have more than 3 kids... like they're setting women back 100 years or something. Da fuck?

I don't get that extreme feminist mentality at all.

Having a baby will always be something distinctly feminine and something that women should be proud of, not ashamed of.

It doesn't make sense.

What do these feminazi's suggest? That women rip out their uteruses? (Is it uteruses or uteri?)
    test
  12. im tempted to push iggys buttons but i'm gonna be the more mature one

ROFL

:p

WANKER.
    test
  13. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i know you're talking about the ones who can support their family, but i think some people consider it a bad thing because people generalize and put them with the ones who can't.

as for those women who are against having children altogether and talk down about those who do...i don't really get that either. maybe a bit too career-oriented and want everyone to be the same as them.
    test
  14. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

You know I'm right... but I'm sure you'll find a way to defend the mother-haters... those bitter, penis-envy women who curse their vaginas and make women feel ashamed for finding strength in feminity and not butch-like, masculine behavior.

haha
    test
  15. I'd probably only criticise you for making a broader statement and a bigger issue about what only applies to a small minority of radical feminists
    test
  16. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Some aren't even that radical... plenty of women and men feel that way.

Just like those who ostracize women for breast-feeding or going through natural childbirth... I think they hate being women.

What say you?
    test
  17. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

I don't think its that extreme. I think the message they may be trying to get across is that women who have tons of babies and play the housewife role are falling into the stereotype that thats what women are put on this earth to do (and/or the only thing that CAN do).

And so I don't get hit by a stone.. I think thats wrong for them to judge other women and by doing so THEY are socially setting women back hundreds of years.
    test
  18. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Aha!

See, that's what I was getting at... what's wrong with playing the housewife role?

Some people think men were just put on the earth to be the provider and if a man resists that, then he is considered less than a man... usually by women AND men... however, if a woman resists being a prolific mother, then she is seen as a new age woman who won't submit to the "barefoot and pregnant" stereotype...

Why is that a "negative" or unacceptable role for women, but the provider status is considered a "positive" or acceptable role for men?

Isn't the feminist movement about giving women CHOICES?

Sure, a lot of those 12+ having children mothers back in the day didn't have much choice, but today's women do... and if they still choose to have 12+ kids and the man is able to support them, then what's wrong with that??

If roles aren't assigned, there will be disorder and chaos... the household will crumble.

Hence, our country's 50% divorce rate.

Women don't know how to be women... men don't know how to be men.

We're all confused and got shit twisted all up.
    test
  19. speak for yourself, playa
    test
  20. Dex Luiz

Dex Luiz Guest

Great post, Ig.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.