Why is fighting considered a crime?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Ignorant, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

If you're sittin' down, chillin' and eatin' a sandwich... and somebody comes along and punches you in the back of the head, what are you supposed to do? Sit there and take it? If you strike back, you're most likely in a fight... but self-defense isn't a crime, is it? Yet people get arrested all the time for fighting and they call it "disorderly conduct." I don't understand that one.
    test
  2. SAMARA

SAMARA truth is a sword

?
    I dont understand it either.

Its is the same with getting angered.

A person needs anger management because they got angry after someone tried to shove their foot into the person's ass.

?

I dont understand it either.

re: disorderly conduct
    "any act of molesting or interrupting or hindering or disquieting or agitating or arousing from a state of repose or otherwise depriving inhabitants of the peace and quiet to which they are entitled "

basically you and your aggrivator pissed everyone off around you.
    test
  3. bigcfk24

bigcfk24 New Member

if you fight in the middle of a resturant
    your disturbing everybody

if you fight in a dark alley way
    nobody would be disturbed
    test
  4. cock juggler

cock juggler Double ML=STUD

if people didn't break the law against it to initiate more of it there would be no problem.what a silly question.
    test
  5. -Libertine-

-Libertine- Feeding on your Mind

Because their are usually a lot better means to settle confrontations. It's also meant to protect general public saftey, because riots could break out in large crowds.

If a stranger punched me in the back of the head... I wouldn't break any bones.
    test
  6. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

rather take the beating...the lord will thank me in the afterlife
    test
  7. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

So you're supposed to let your aggravator beat on you?
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

fight, fight, fight... the person who threw the first punch or made a threatening move is the guilty one, since you don't have to wait to be hit in order to retaliate in self-defense... the person fighting back is defending himself... still, there is no crime from the person fighting back... how can the victim be guilty of disturbing the peace?

If somebody purposely crashes a Honda Accord into a restaurant, is the restaurant owner then guilty of disturbing the peace?
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

what a silly answer.
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Confrontations?

I'm talking about a physical entanglement... fisticuffs and so forth... what are some better ways to "settle" somebody beating on you? [dunno]

"Please, stop hitting me... ow! ow!... I'm telling!!" "C'mon, you're hurting my arm... please let go."

WTF?

If you don't resist or fight back, you might get killed.

Not a good answer... you have the right to defend yourself against any threat to your well-being.

Just like with illegal searches... you may not be "hiding" anything illegal, but you have a right to privacy.

And the blow in the back of your head could cause you have to whiplash or your neck to snap... or your head could lunge forward and you fly eyefirst into the toothpick that was in your sandwhich.
    test
  11. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Nislanif, where the hell you at, son? Maybe you can use your lawyer skills to settle this one, because I don't understand.
    test
  12. cock juggler

cock juggler Double ML=STUD

care to explain why?
    test
  13. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

If you're defending yourself, you're not breaking the law - that is, unless you take it too far. If you simply protect yourself and then quickly remove yourself from the situation, you're fine. If you at first defend and then go on the attack, beating the shit out of the other person even after the fight would reasonably have stopped, then you're breaking the law.

At least, that's how I've had it interpreted to me.
    test
  14. KEALYBOY

KEALYBOY Ignorant is a pedophile

I thought you don't like people giving opinions on moral issues Ignorant, yet you're here spittin' heat.
    test
  15. mac10

mac10 New Member

If you get yourself a good liberal scum lawyer, you got nothing to worry about. If somebody rollup on me like that, best assured I'm killin the guy or he's gonna be hurtin bad, and I'm gonna get away with it by hiring the best liberal scum lawyer possible. If OJ can get off, then you can too. Yea the system's f*cked, but you gotta know how to work the system...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.