why is family guy better than the simpsons

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by merke, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merke

merke ...

you're really lucky to not be in front of me right now. i don't care if it's the internet, you are really pissing me off right now.
    test
  2. ILLConcepTs

ILLConcepTs New Member

if u cant see the influence that the simpsons had on family guy u are stupid....watch any earlier episode of the simpsons and you will realize that family guy recycles the simpsons jokes concepts and ideas. Early simpsons had the same humor and randomness as family guy does now that gives u that laugh out loud even though ur by yourself effect. The whole incooorporating popular culture characters into their episodes was started by the simpsons, family guy picked up on the concept....but yea watch an older episode of the simpsons and u will see how family guy jacked the style....and dont get me wrong family guy is one of my favorite shows...ive been watching it b4 they were cancelled and they even mention my hometown on it
    test
  3. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

what do you mean by early simpsons? Pre Season 5? I watch those really old eps now and just can't find them that funny. Season 5 though when Conan O' Brian joined the writing staff I think the show hit it's stride. He was the one who dumbed Homer down.Seasons 5-10 were great...

I do think Family Guy now like those South Park eps pointed out are going to those flashback things or whatever way to much. They are funny but overused, I think it's just a way to make up for weak storylines. Seems like as of late American Dad has been the better show. It's almost like McFarlane is putting more time into it...
    test
  4. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

someone?
    test
  5. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

I'd say start with Season 5 and go through Season 7...Season 8 comes out next month
    test
  6. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Haha, we have a winner.

You'd do nothing except get your wigger ass stomped, pipe down.
    test
  7. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Yeah, I've noticed that a lot.

Family Guy started moving away from having a show based on a plot after season one, but they really started doing it when it came back.
    test
  8. merke

merke ...

even if i let you beat me which will never happen i wouldn't even flinch better bring your baseball bat you know it has other uses than put it in your ass which you do all day when reading my posts while listening to stairway to heaven
    test
  9. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Simpsons just been on TOO LONG, I try to watch a new episode, and I usually fall asleep, or attempt suicide. No show can sustain being interesting after 15 years. Tho the Simpsons have sucked for a while.
    test
  10. ImRichBHutch

ImRichBHutch New Member

family guy is adult humor, if simpsons pushed the envelope, its got the characters to be better than family guy
    test
  11. Toucan_Sam1

Toucan_Sam1 aka 2can Shakur

Get Season 4.

And by the way, the new Family Guy episodes aren't as funny as the first 2 seasons.

Simpsons has sucked for the last 5 years or so.......

From 2005-2005 season, yea Family Guy takes the crown. But you can't compare 4 seaons of predictable, redundant comedy against 6 seasons (2-8) of pure comedy gold, which is the Simpsons.

Simpsons wins. End of story.

By the way merke, I'd say your opinions are valid as anybody, except that in this case, your reps speak well for you. Shut the hell up and sit the fuck down. Look at ya reps, bitch.
    test
  12. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

Simpsons have had a few good episodes in recent years...the simpsons safari, treehouse of horror 12, the one with creationism vs. evolution, frank grimes jr....of course they aren't as consistent as before, but there have been some solid episodes.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.