why is family guy better than the simpsons

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by merke, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merke

merke ...

family guy characters are all good in a way or another they could do an episode on any of them except lois and cleveland they are boring as shit batman is seriously the coolest character ever i dont see batman in simpsons therefore simpsons suck balls king of the hill is fucking gay too i seriously despise every fucking episode king of the hill puts out
    test
  2. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

stewie, brian and quagmire are the only interesting characters on family guy...peter at times.

Futurama is where it's at.
    test
  3. merke

merke ...

the only remotely interesting character in futurama is bender. there is no humour in futurama and if there is it's so subtle i'd rather take a nap and futurama is REALLY good for that. really, futurama just seems like another one of these "makes you think" shows that pseudo-intellectuals would love. doesn't interest me at all.
    test
  4. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Almost anything is better than the simpsons now.

I like Family Guy 60% of the time, but the best of the Simpsons would leave it in the dust.
    test
  5. merke

merke ...

yeah but these episodes aren't on tv anymore, so i couldn't careless about the simpsons now.
    test
  6. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

They're on everyday, you fucking retard.
    test
  7. merke

merke ...

the golden area of the simpsons is on tv right now? guess everyone else is stupid except yourself, since this is the first time i hear such a thing.
    test
  8. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

in my city we get classic simpsons episodes every week day at 5, 6, 10 and 10:30
    test
  9. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

I love the Family Guy...I have never really watched the Simpsons...i've caught parts of episodes every now a then, never really cared for it...

what's the best season (Simpsons) that's out on DVD? I've been meaning to rent some...
    test
  10. Pyro Tecknik

nigga please.

what in the hell are you talking about? "makes you think" shows.....you've never watched an episode have you? it's stupid yet, witty humor that's actually funny. if anything, family guy's the one that would appeal to pseudo-intellectuals with all those vague and humorless references.

when watching family guy, the only high points are the few times that stewie, brian and quagmire interact with each other or with the other characters(which even they sometimes fall short) through these boring inane plots.

speak for yourself buddy.

just yesterday, i watched the episode where burns makes a million dollar bet with some texas oil ty••••(or something to that effect) in a game of baseball...where burns fills his roster up with early 90's all-stars.(strawberry, griffey jr, sax, mattingly, clemens, canseco, ect.) and they all end up in freak accidents except for strawberry(keeping homer from playing) until the end.

1992... i'd think it would fall under that 'golden era', no?
    test
  11. merke

merke ...

i watched that episode a long time ago. it sucked. i didn't think it was that, the old simpsons, supposedly the best cartoon of all time. guess it's just horribly overrated.
    test
  12. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

No, they're really on everyday.
    test
  13. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Remember when he kept telling Mattingly to cut his sideburns?

Favorite episode - The one where Marge becomes a cop.
    test
  14. FortiFied Killa

FortiFied Killa New Member

yeah the golden age of the simpsons is in the pas but so is the golden age of family guy, you stack up the new episodes against the old episodes and the new ones look like shit. They're just randomly trying to be funny now, the new crop of writers arent as funny as the first run. South park is where it's at right now.
    test
  15. merke

merke ...

south park is horrible now, and has been since the third season or something. they're trying too hard to be smart and forgot what made them great in the beginning. it is a cartoon and the purpose of cartoons is to entertain.
    test
  16. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

LOL@ "why is family guy better". I'm sure that the Simpsons being on so long has nothing to do with that.
    test
  17. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

if you watch the commentary on the DVD's for South Park then you will see that Parker and Stone werent really happy with the show early and feel that it didn't really it's stride until the 6th Season...I watch a lot of those old south park episodes and think a lot of them for the most part aren't that good..

These newer episodes of family guy though are just so hit and miss at times now. Whereas the episodes from the first three seasons were all pretty solid..
    test
  18. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Wow.

When shows like Family Guy dumb their content down, they are trying to appeal to people like you.

You are a walking, talking, typical target of broadcast companies trying to make some easy money. Congrats.
    test
  19. Pyro Tecknik

word. then he shaved his "sideburns" all the way up to the top of his head and burns still fired/cut his ass.
    test
  20. FortiFied Killa

FortiFied Killa New Member

bad since the 3rd???? it's only been REALLY good since the 6th
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.