Why is everyone so surprised @ the progress in Iraq?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by thedream233, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Why are there people saying things like "We are loosing this war?"

How exactly did people expect this war to go? It takes more than a couple years to turn a country like Iraq into a democracy. When the war started, I figured we'd have troops in Iraq for at least 10 years keeping things in order.

I definitely do not agree with the reasons we had for waging this war on Saddam and his government, (fuck the war on "terrorism") but HAD to go.

drop your thoughts on the current progess on the War in Iraq...
    test
  2. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

i dont know!!!!
    test
  3. UG MC

UG MC Captain Zapp Brannagin

secatarian violence, civil war, insurgants, proffesional and skilled worker exodus, best army in the world is being strecthed to its limit...= one big mess
    test
  4. MC Bill Buckner

MC Bill Buckner New Member

drop a bomb that will kill all the people yet keep all the remaining infrastructure intact, then send a massive reconstruction effort in and turn that bitch into an oasis of plush golf courses and wonderful day spas. then invite the world to vacation on the very cheap in order to win their support for future conquests.
    test
  5. teq the decider

teq the decider sexual predator

Its because people do not have the relevant knowledge needed to properly contextualise the information. No-one with a decent grasp of history is particularly alarmed with what is going on iraq. Its is eminently winnable but unfortunately there just arent enough people who want to see it won.
    test
  6. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Have to concur with UG MC, if we are just going with the Iraqi study guide and Bob woodward out look.

Though I nearly fell the fuck over upon reading the Iraqi study guide assessments. bullShit read like comedy. The government just doesn't get. Thomas jefferson, Adams, franklin, all Got it. Islamist have been and always will be faith wielding transgressors by the sword or doing it by clever intimation (blame Bush policy all you want.) But You can not diplomatically deal with islamist, Unless you agree to surrender to their faith. Jefferson tried as an ambassador to develope a diplomatic relationship with the (Dey of Algiers, among others) to unviolantly resolve the discrepancy of Barbary pirates lunching sea attacks on american vessels and kidnapping american women (i.e. proposed a treaty to end jahid) It could not been DONE, the dey of Algiers, among others, would only accept american conversion or death to the unbelievers. The reason jefferson ownes a quran -- was to know his enemy(The Islamist) plus he was also a 33 degree mason and well educated man. It would be wise for bush to crack open a few qurans and ahadith to realize what the actual problem is. from there he can create a strategy. And condoleeza rice must stop insisting Islam is a peaceful religion. she must invoke the sprit of john Quincy Adams and denouce islam as a belief system, because nothing could be further from the truth. It started off with good intentions, but took a turn for the worst once mohammad's Quraysh tribe rejected islam and mohammad as the final prophet. Back to my point about jefferson, Jefferson had long experienced trying to free American ships, beginning with the "Betsy" seized by Muslim pirates operating out of Morocco, a task entrusted to him, Franklin, and Adams as early as 1786. He detested those whom he had first to try to negotiate with, recognizing their malevolence and their meretriciousness, and he sought ways to force Congress to strengthen the U.S. Navy so that, through force, the only thing that in his dealings with Muslims he thought they would understand, he could at long last deal with them.

'The Ambassador answered us that "it was founded on the laws of the prophet, that it was written in their koran, that all nations who should not have acknowledged their [islams] authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as prisoners...."' -Jefferson

the Ambassdor jefferson is refering to is, Sidi Haji Abdul Rahman Adja of Tripolitan.

The majority reason why americans don't agree with this war is because it is costing them dearly and is weaking our constitution. In other words, Americans aren't believing in anything(were a paranoid state.) Why should someone believe in a country that doesn't even believe in itself anymore? For crying out loud, people can't even sing the The Star-Spangled Banner all the way through anymore. All I see is Dhimmies who just don't know it yet.
    test
  7. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

lol...true statemint
    test
  8. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

test
  9. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

Because that is democracy.

What ever happened to even pretending to care about self-determination?
    test
  10. BattleMindz

BattleMindz New Member

Yo. I went to Iraq Sept. 05 and came back Sept. 06. I was stationed at FOB Sy. Micheals. later changed to just FOB mahmadiah. (Spellin is wrong...I never was able to spell anything hadgi.) It is one city of the three in the "Sunni triangle of death". that is where that certian soldeir raped a little girl, burned her alive, and murdered her family. It was a insurgent hot spot.
    Lemme tell you from personall experience.... There is no winning that war. there is no steady enemy, no leader, no commander, no soldiers. We fight men, and shake there hands unknowingly the next. How can you win a fight against an unknown enemy. And with each insurgent we kill, It creates 4 more. A little boys son is killed by soldiers...so they strap there chests with dynomite in his honor.
    We can never win, the only reason we are still there is to keep terrorist there. If we were to leave, they would follow us. However, in Iraq..they have clean cut shots at american soldiers...it's too easy.
    Bush needs to be killed...simple as that

1ne
    test
  11. BattleMindz

BattleMindz New Member

Oh and this is wrong too. We had a hadgi shop on our FOB. Me and one of the workers used to talk about all types of shit. Religion included. He diddnt understand how a God could forgive. That was his only issue with christanity. The type of islamic people you are speaking of are radicals.
    Think about this..the bible says that any man who lay with another man should be killed.
    Sure we have radicalists who might think that. But, the majority of christanitity doesnt.
    We have christian radicals too...and I dont really have to get into all the fucked up shit that happens there.
    test
  12. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

ide say in a good 20 years iraq will be a democracy.
    test
  13. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Your a Shill. And no i'm not wrong. Islamist can't be dealt with dipomatically. Jefferson knew it. Adams knew it. and franklin knew it. It's the truth, If it were that easy, Peace would be in the middleast. But holy war will not end until We are made into dhimmies, treated as booty, or forced to become islamist. That is the only end the Islamic religion understands.

All islamist follow the examples of mohammad. One of mohammads examples was to behead kaffir, treat prisoners as booty, or to turn them into dhimmies. This is the majority view of the whole middleeast. THE BIBLE And the QURAN BOTH teach that about homosexuality, but christians by law do not follow that type of punishment, unlike islamist who allow that type of punishment for homosexuals by sharia law. Jesus taught to turn the other cheek. BIG DIFFERENCE. Everything Mohammad, quran, sira, and ahadith taught are what you see Islamist following today. They justify their senseless murder as Allah's will. It's all in according with the Quran, ahadith, prophet of islam etc... point is, the religion itself is deceptive radicalism.

ANYONE WHO FOLLOWES IT, IS A RADICAL IN MY BOOK.
    You've mistaken me for someone who is politically correct.

The Iraqi police and Iraqi military would be given more weapons.
    Why aren't they? Becuase they're not to be trusted. They would turn those guns on americans in a heartbeat. see - baker report.

I'm not a christian, im agonistic. So dead that poor attempt at a christian reversal argument right now.

And who you trying to fool? you anit NEVER been to Iraq much less served in the ARMY. Out of my face, you shill. I can't stand lairs.

How many rapes have sunni's commited? TONS if not THOUSANDS.
    You have a limited perception.

John kerry might of been right about the army.
    test
  14. BattleMindz

BattleMindz New Member

Straight ignorance... You have no clue what you are talking about. I am not even going to respond with what that would deserve.

1 - wtf is a shill....
    2- Spc Joshua Coffman B1/320th FA
    Myspace = http://www.myspace.com/iambigdame . After you look there, tell me how the foot tastes in your mouth...moron
    1ne
    test
  15. cock juggler

cock juggler Double ML=STUD

menaz why the insults in every post you make?
    test
  16. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Why not the insults?

A shill, My moron friend is a Person posing as one thing but is really intune with another.It's no wounder we can't win the war in Iraq with Geniuses like yourself. who Number 1.) don't understand islamic religion. Number 2.)spend more time on the internet than on the battle field. and number 3.)are shills.

be honest life wasn't going anywhere for you, So you signed up for the army. END OF STORY. Yeah moron, Your right I don't know you from a hole in the ground. But you don't know what the fuck your talking about peroid.
    test
  17. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

welcome battlemindz

lol

ignore menaz.

he just the local fool we piss on from time to time.
    test
  18. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

no other fact based alternative?
    test
  19. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Am I suppose to care?

Read the sig.
    test
  20. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

Bush is a beast! he is kicking big ass and i like it...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.