Why is Eminem so overrated

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Joro, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Break_Bread

Break_Bread *TheTwinkleInUrGirlsEye*

lol...ur a nerd, but.

umm just look at the post right above my original post by that akkkellar dude. dumbass.

I think he said "the millions of people who listen to other great rappers and still think he's the best ARE just morons".
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i could be crazy but that post sounded like sarcasm to me

even if i'm wrong, that's nothing more than 'akkkellar' expressing his opinion.

the 'it's all opinion' approach is usually taken up by people who can't defend their views with a decent argument.
    test
  3. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

Yeah, it was sarcasm.
    test
  4. Nomak

Nomak Active Member

Even the haters know Eminem can rap his ass off. Eminem is a legend, plain and simple. If he dies today..he will be remembered. Every rapper is overrated in certain aspects of their work..but Eminem has a lot of great qualities about him. I think as a person he just likes to play a lot of mind games...and that goes from his personal life to his own fans. As an emcee myself, I'd never put out songs like "fack" or "ass like that" for my fans. No matter what. But at the end of the day, it's entertainment. Controversy sells and if it's not ordinary or positive...it's a go. As much as people say he's overrated, I say he's underrated. As a lyricist, one of the best I've ever heard. When he retires as a rapper, he'll have a job as a songwriter. That's talent.
    test
  5. Veez

Veez New Member

i agree with what you say ^^

hes a legend no doubt...goat!
    test
  6. Nomak

Nomak Active Member

ya know what Veez..? I respect your comment on em being the "goat". It's not like you said Soulja boy was goat...which we all know he'll never be lol. But a lot of my underground hip hop buddies used to crucify me for saying that Em is one of the best. I listen to underground and commercial, and Em is one of the illest to grab a mic. Period. He has emotion, substance, flow, lyrics, I mean..shiitt...his patterns are insane. He had numerous patterns in "without me".....that's a freakin' commercial song! check out how much he flipped his schemes in just that one song!
    This is coming from someone that has Rakim and Nas as his favorites. Rakim, Eminem and Biggie are the only ones I can actually think of that can rhyme and not fall off topic. It's like fluid to them, second nature, etc.
    test
  7. clipper

clipper New Member

test
  8. TurreekK

TurreekK Music Producer

exactly
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Em's one of the greatest spitters ever... but as an "artist," he's severely lacking.

On his best day, he can probably wreck any MC alive... but most of his catalog is mediocre... he has a few classic songs, but really no classic albums, IMO... MMLP is cool, but not classic... I thought SSLP was better, and even it's not a classic.

Kool G. Rap can spit just as ill, but he's an overall better artist than Eminem when you look at his entire influence and impact on the game... so I don't see how ANYBODY with a respectful knowledge of hip hop could rate Em higher than him.
    test
  10. EturnalSouljah

EturnalSouljah New Member

He's obviously good at what he does cos he made it didn"t he?
    Yes He's over rated by some but under rated by others..
    Whether hes the goat is a matter of personal opinion, there are plenty rappers as good and better but that too is a matter of personal preference.
    Personally I respect his flow and rhyme structure but the content of his songs doesn't interest me...
    test
  11. Free_Weezy

Free_Weezy New Member

test
  12. Ralph Pootawn

Ralph Pootawn New Member

Man cause half these dudes are nerdy suburban white kids who think rap didn't exist before Eminem.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.