Why is Eminem so overrated

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Joro, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Its hard to be successful as just a punchline rapper. many punchline rappers lack substance. Once you get the punchline and hear it a few times, it wont have the same effect like it first had.

thats why you gotta be about something else... to give your fans some music that has replay value.
    test
  2. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

The Stans are getting heated.
    test
  3. Break_Bread

Break_Bread *TheTwinkleInUrGirlsEye*

lol...ok.

Lucifer was the Music Man.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

I gotta say, I woulda loved to see what kind of rapper em would've been had he not changed styles after Infinite.

It's Ok is still my favorite Em song of all time...
    test
  5. Break_Bread

are u serious?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. vandalism

vandalism the king

infinite was aight but it was kinda characterless and bland
    test
  7. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

DZK (except for most of his early shit) is also one of my favorite rappers ever, I mean can you really listen to the Kreep Show (DZK/Warbux) song Get Busy and deny the pure fire he spits on that first verse?

That first verse on get busy - is better than half of all 'mainstream' verses rapped in 2009.

When DZK spits that dark/middle ages type shit he is one of the best.
    test
  8. Noncentz

Broke and still working at that restaurant. The only reason people bought Eminem's shit was because he lost it, didn't give a fuck and gave his soul up to Slim Shady.

Infinite was a shit album too much fucking complexity just for complexity's sake. People buy music to be entertained not to be fucking lectured.
    test
  9. Break_Bread

Ya...the Slim Shady EP is way easier to listen too imo.

But the first time I heard Infinite I was pretty impressed, just never really grew on me.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  10. Corporate Gifts

Corporate Gifts New Member

I don't get what this has to do with Eminem being overrated. The only reason people associate Cage with Eminem is because Cage made it that way. I like Cage as a hip hop artists, but he acted like a bitch when Eminem blew up.
    test
  11. Kry

Kry Willie Stylus

Overrated when? now or at his peak? Up to Eminem Show, to call Em overrated would be absolutely ridiculous. Encore was wack, relapse was better than i thought it would be. But Em's first 3 albums solidify his place in hiphop.
    test
  12. PLT Productions

PLT Productions Baltics Most Wanted

He`s so overrated that he`s underrated.
    test
  13. kmann1701

kmann1701 New Member

Good god.
    test
  14. Joro

Joro New Member

I was reviewing eminem on youtube just now.....Guilty Conscience is funny as hell...

but that song Like Toy Soldiers makes me think Eminem is some kind of fortune teller.....in the video Proof gets shot and is bleeding in a hospital bed.....is that really Proof? Did the video come out before he died? WTF? That's like Pac's "I Ain't Mad Atcha" video ......

if any of you actually rap and get a deal...never make a video where you or one of your friends get killed....
    test
  15. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

dude, seriously. i always wondered if Em like felt responsible in some way, or somethin, for that
    test
  16. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

DZK is active on this forum.
    As long as that's true *flushes toilet* No one here is going to say that...They don't feel obliged to...
    test
  17. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

how can you come on here making a thread about him being overrated and then say your reviewing his videos now. To me, that sounds like you havent even listened to half of his shit.

That'd be like me saying Manchester United is an overrated soccer team and the only time I seen them play was 10 second highlights on sportscenter.
    test
  18. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

Yeah, in his "The Way I Am" book, he said the Like Toy Soldiers vid was what really fucked him up after Proof died; Apparently, he just laid in his bed for days, starin' at the ceiling, thinkin' about it, cause I guess he felt responsible.
    test
  19. Noncentz

Yup, I am aware of both points.

But I could care less, I burn his shit and bump it. It's fucking great, he's in MY list of greats especially the heat he was dropping from 06-08.

He hasn't put out too much lately though I guess he's busy with the WarLab.
    test
  20. Mock Turtle

Mock Turtle ✂ Touche Douche ツ ✗○✗○✗○☂

I haven't heard much from DZK, but admittedly, you saying that one of his best verses is "better than half of all mainstream versus rapped in 2009" does not get me very excited.

You're telling me his BEST VERSE is only better than HALF of the shit in 2009?

Laame.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.