why is cm punk so boring

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by gAY Opinion Fag with a cawk in his throat & bawt, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

if it was college than no. if its professional than yes...
    test
  2. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Eventually it's always better to come across a good gimmick, but I just don't see anything wrong with being a wrestler. If WWE has CM Punk on their active roster, and haven't scoured every opportunity to take the ECW championship off him yet, then it's a plus. He has something. So many of the guys who get fired these days get fired because the writers are like "We don't have anything for you right now." It's their job to come up with something for someone and if they don't have a storyline or some kind of gimmick ready, it can result in people losing their jobs over it.

JBL didn't get his big break until 9-10 years after working for WWE. And NONE of his gimmicks prior to his most current were ever really to be seriously taken in a main event atmosphere in this company. He could have maybe touched a title shot on Raw, but it wouldn't be taken seriously. He never got to talk except maybe at the tribute shows like the night after Owen Hart's death, and the September 11th tribute in short clips that everyone did... and sitting at a table playing cards with alcohol acting like a Pissed Off Texan while Stone Cold Steve Austin was a top guy. Now he's one of the best talkers in the business. It didn't take me but maybe a week into his feud with Eddie Guerrero to realize the genius of JBL. In retrospect, that was probably longer than it should have taken. And it was shocking, because who would have thought JBL could ever be taken seriously?
    test
  3. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Guys like JBL, John Cena, and Carlito were pretty special in a fed filled with mostly "just wrestlers" the gimmick came back full-force.
    test
  4. DaAlmightyDolla

wat u just stated didnt say anything about his wrestling.it basicly took that pissed off gimmick 2 take him seriously. the only way just wrestlers survive in the business is if they r part of a stable

i.e
    lance storm
    dean malenko
    test
  5. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Steve Austin was just a wrestler, he was just there at the right time when more profanity was being allowed on television, and he got over by saying "ass" and throwing up his middle finger and being pissed off. He wore black tights. Sooner or later he got a vest. Then he started wearing jeans, cut-off shorts, and feuding with his boss. They let him talk. These days they don't even let Ric Flair talk, the write his promos for him.
    test
  6. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

I have no problems with CM Punk's gimmick. He is the straight edge all about business guy. He is the Tim Duncan of the WWE. Someone has to do it though, not everybody can be T.O.
    test
  7. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Didn't have to say anything about his wrestling, he's just a brawler. Never been a part of anything special. With someone like CM Punk, he's already been in Money In The Bank, you could see him take part in matches that will turn out to be classics. Edge wasn't really that special as a singles star most of the time in my opinion aside from having flashing lights that were fucking annoying as hell giving inducing seizures and shit to some Rob Zombie music, wore jackets and sunglasses and stuff. But he had a fucking classic ladder match with Eddie on Smackdown that got Eddie (heel) a big babyface reaction afterwards, and a handshake. Suffice to say, Edge isn't a main eventer solely on a gimmick and the fact he slept with Lita.

Lance Storm's stables were gimmicks, and they drew a lot of heat.

Dean Malenko was in 4 horsemen, which promoted wrestlers for the most part.
    test
  8. DaAlmightyDolla

ill be giving punk a chance 2 develope. besides i heard he was nice in roh so im sure he has it in him 2 be great..
    test
  9. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

When you think back to Edge & Christian do you remember them for the TLC matches, or do you remember them more for their 5 second poses and kazoo playing prowess? Funny, a guy like Christian who wore big huge novelty glasses at one period in history is now a former NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Because gimmicks are everything. Personally, I'd say Christian is a lot less of a gimmick than he used to be. And yes, I loved their material back then, and they were interesting characters that I cared about, but they were also Canadian so that's another check mark in my book.
    test
  10. DaAlmightyDolla

i routed 4 edge and christian in those tlc matches cuz i didnt like the hardys or the dudleys. i even liked them when they didnt speak in the brood. i dunno they were always cool 2 me. i hated that they split but solo they didnt lose a beat. except 4 christians baby hissyfits back in the day...
    test
  11. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I was one of Christian's peeps
    test
  12. Mr. Maca Risin'

Mr. Maca Risin' Maca H. Christ

I think Punk shows quite a bit of charisma without an elaborate gimmick.
    test
  13. we'll with stone cold he had the charisma by wrestler i mean those that just wrestle and do nothing else like do promo's, and cm punk is a good promo guy to.. my favorite non personality guy is probably shelton benjimen and aj styles ( they try to give him one but i dont think its working out). whith jeff hardy TNA tried to call him the charismatic enigma when all he did there was wrestle good matches and hes never been able to cut a promo, i think the top promo guys are , edge and christain. and maybe samoa joe, i think if cm punk turned heel and moved to raw he would be doing more than wrestling cuz if i remember when he was heel in roh he talked more.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.