Why I Don't Believe In Religion & God

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by AlexG, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexG

AlexG World Wide Poet

test
  2. Joro

Joro New Member

Let me guess.......1)organized religion has always done more harm than good. 2) Biblical stories sometimes contradict the idea of a compassionate and loving creator 3) Biblical stories are often fantastic beyond belief leaving no corresponding archeological evidence 4) You were teased in school

If you can promise me your article makes none of the above arguments I promise you I'll read it and lend my honest perspective on the topic.
    test
  3. Dex Lewis

Dex Lewis Guest

Blah.

I tired of this topic when I was 17.

It's all been said before and you're raping the same dead horse. Find a new intellectual crutch.
    test
  4. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

who gives a fuck if you believe in god or not
    test
  5. Joro

Joro New Member

^^^angels give a fuck. They wanna save every last person, even the non-believers.

We should all aspire to be like the angels.

wait....do you believe in angels?
    test
  6. Krooked*k

Krooked*k That's Krook to you

better yet if you understood what you were being saved from you would fall to your knees in thanksgiving.
    test
  7. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

I have personal experiences that lead me to be a strong beleiver. Maybe ask that God will reveal himself to you, and wait and see if somehting quirky happes. Its not something you can define with tangibles, its really built on faith, and that faith stems from beleiving in the unseen.

So to beleive it, you would have to read the Gospel and wait to see if these things are true. Seek God's righteousness and watch for a change in your life. I tried to understand all the commandments of the Bible and it lead me to a better understanding of interconnectedness.

Where as most people operate in a realm of self righteousness. 'I love my being black so I hate whites' really is a perverse love built on US against them.

But with perfect love, it casts out fear and makes you beleive in the brotherhood of all men.

Greed and contempt make others search for power, and true religion lies outside of churches, anyone can become a priest but the heart is where true peace lies, some false prophets operate in churches, but this doesnt mean religion is fake,

Most of the people in the Bible were outcasts and tossed out of churches and prosecuted because of the darkened understanding of the generation. so sometimes God will use an outcast to show people who God is.

His purpose they said is to prove that the wisdom of the world is foolishness, what better way to prove this, that to take whats despised and make it into a formidable force that endures and succeeds in a timeless fashion?

It exists son.
    test
  8. Krooked*k

test
  9. KRich662

KRich662 Well-Known Member

World been here for 5 million years. Why doesn't the Bible mention the solar system? Or other planets? God left a lot of shit out
    test
  10. Krooked*k

true. But That doesn't have anything to do with our salvation tho. thats pretty much the reason for the bible. However just the idea of us living on a giant sphere is enough to get us thinking about it. which i would think is a partial reason for it being the way it is
    test
  11. Krooked*k

true. But That doesn't have anything to do with our salvation tho. thats pretty much the reason for the bible. However just the idea of us living on a giant sphere is enough to get us thinking about it. which i would think is a partial reason for it being the way it is
    test
  12. KRich662

Also, there's been hundreds of different religions throughout the history of the world. It's been proven that people were here at least 12,000 years ago. And God waits this 12,000 years to send Jesus and give us all these rules and begin the creation of the Bible? The Mayans were easily some of the smartest human beings that ever lived. They did AMAZING calculations with the constellations and movements of the stars/planets and locations of things in our solar system. Why wouldn't God reveal himself to them?
    test
  13. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

Probably did, through allowing them to figure out alot of mysteries. I think alot of tribal cultures operate on faith systems other than this technical world were living in. To be able to think like that withouth computers and such isnt natural, its divine i think.
    test
  14. KRich662

God "allowed" them to figure out mysteries? So he "allows" pedophiles to rape little children? I'd go on but you get what I'm saying.
    test
  15. Krooked*k

what does pedophiles have to do w God or what he allows. Man has the ability to do what they want on earth. He says u can chose life or chose death. Sin is death. Without repentance u accept the outcome of your actions w/o forgiveness. He's givin everyone a lifeline it's up to us to reach out for it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  16. Krooked*k

Jesus is the new law. B4 the prophecies of a messiah on earth were fullfilled all that was required was the belief in God and the laws of the 10 commandments which is pretty simplistic even to a moral non believer. After Jesus that law was abolished so that all who believed he was raised from the dead could recieve forgivness for sins so that everyone could have the ability to recieve life.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. Krooked*k

Btw mayans worshiped the devil and the underworld. They also cut off limbs in sacrafice to him and stabbed their own dicks to bleed onto a piece of paper and burned it. That doesnt sound too intellegent. Yes they did have knowledge of the stars. But thats because they tracked the movements of the constellations. Not because they were highly intelligent they just took good notes.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

You're ignoring free will.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.