Why I Am A Cheating Black Man (article)

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by mr.rip, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

No, don't turn this around on me buddy.

Why do YOU think that society placed such value on the concept of monogamy?
    test
  2. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

All I said is if we can't resist our urges to sleep around then what urges can/should we resist?

You honestly think the only urges people have are to sleep around?

In case you haven't noticed the primitive (funny word there) brain is stimulated by sex AND violence.

Not one or the other.

We're just as violent by nature as we are sexual, the only difference is that it's drilled into our heads from day 1 to day 10,001 how bad violence is, while obviously sex is necessary for procreation.

So fuck it let's sleep around and shit while we're at it every man for himself.
    test
  3. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

At no point have I come close to implying that sleeping around is our only urge.

But you seem to believe that if we don't engage in monogamy, we have to discard every other social code and return to the stone age.

We are only naturally violent when we feel threatened in some sense, but we have safe outlets for that in sports and martial arts.

There's no such outlet for our need to spread our seed. Unless we're supposed to give that up one day and stop when we're still perfectly capable of doing that.

I believe that the powerful influence of religion caused monogamy to be stressed so heavily.

But how is it beneficial to our survival at all? The curbing of violence aids our survival as a race, but what purpose does monogamy actually serve?
    test
  4. Tha Cunnysmythe

I didn't infer that he was saying it's a one-way street; I hope he wasn't implying that. Women have desires just as strong as men, and he's something of a weak misogynist if he's happy to deny them while indulging his own.
    test
  5. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

People are only violent when they feel threatened?

What fucking magical world of rainbows and unicorns are you living in?

So when a rich person gets robbed in a bad area it's because the people who robbed him felt threatened?

I'm about to leave this thread for good unless you can demonstrate a learned stance on shit you're talking about.

As it stands right now you're talking like you read the liner notes of whatever books you're attempting to discuss.
    test
  6. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

Matter of fact even though I basically gave you the answer, tell me why do people feel threatened?
    test
  7. Tha Cunnysmythe

Why are you getting so angry about this? This is just a discussion.

I said naturally violent. The kind of violent robbery you refer to is a calculated act, not an immediate instinct. I never said that all acts of violence that occur are a direct result of being threatened.

Besides, we're going beyond the point, we were discussing monogamy. I asked a question in my last post to you. If you answer that, I'll give my opinion on yours.
    test
  8. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

I'm getting mad because your posts are barely scratching the surface.

This is my last post and I will answer all your questions though knowing how people operate on these boards you won't admit that your beliefs are wrong.

1. Monogamy isn't just some religious concept. Marriage or not, religion or not, monogamy would eventually prevail. Why? Because monogamy is beneficial to ALL PARTIES RELATED. Like I said we're not fucking animals. OK? We're not lions, or bears, or wolves, who get the females pregnant and leave them to raise the children. Monogamy is beneficial to especially the children, who as I'm sure you probably realized by now, single parent homes generally aren't cutting it.

2. Violence: We're not only violent when we feel threatened. This can easily be seen in little kids, who will hit each other for what reasons? Because one has a toy that the other wants. So knowing that, why do people feel threatened? Because somebody wants to take something they have. From pre-school on kids are taught to "play nice" with others. Why??? Why would this have to be a learned behavior if people were so inherently passive?

3. Society/Religion: I got news. Rules of religion and society aren't part of some big conspiracy to take away your liberties. They insure what liberties you do have. If not for those rules which are followed by a large portion of society, what would happen? Oh sure living like animals sounds great. Freedom in it's truest sense. That is until a bigger, stronger, more aggressive animal wants what you have. Then how free are you?
    test
  9. Tha Cunnysmythe

I can respect your points, but that doesn't mean that I have to share your opinion.

Of course I'm only scratching the surface,we only just started debating the subject. I'm not about to go into great depth on the background of every single aspect of every topic I talk about right away. But if that's your last post, all I can do is reply to it.

1. Effective contraception renders the benefits that you refer to moot. The man in the article mentions nothing about getting women pregnant, and these days when people cheat it has nothing to do with fathering children. In fact it's almost universally avoided.

2. I expected this discussion to go on longer so I could explain why I used the word "threatened" in a little more detail. I believe that we perceive threats as anything that could somehow affect our survival in a negative sense. So, invading territory, someone taking what little food you have, or the need for more resources for survival would all be perceived by your brain as threatening and therefore something that may necessitate violence. Over time, as food has become more plentiful, this primal response has unfortunately evolved to encompass things that aren't even of any intrinsic importance to our survival. Our instincts won't discriminate between what's important and what isn't.
    I already stated that curbing violence is beneficial for the survival of the species; at no point did I ever say that we should encourage violence. You brought violence up, claiming that if we abandon monogamy we may as well embrace violence.

3. I never said that society and religion were inherently negative and designed to restrict us. They have their benefits and their drawbacks. I never implied that we should abandon civilisation and go back to throwing rocks at each other, I only questioned monogamy. Nothing else.

But if I'm honest, I was playing devil's advocate from the start. Why else would I have asked so many questions of you? I was just interested in your point of view, and now you've told me.
    test
  10. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I read some of the posts and then it just degenerated into bickering. Here is my $.02.

I think he is on point. I think the biggest problem with relationships is that women don't understand how men view, think, feel, and value sex. I think that if they did and made an effort to meet his needs the way he wanted them met, then cheating would be less prevalent. For the most part, sex is usually on the woman's terms. From what happens before sex, to how you two have sex. The majority of people are only able to interpret things through their paradigm. So many women tend to think that men view sex similarly as they do, when that is not the case at all. I think a willingness for women to understand how men view and think about sex would go a long way in helping strengthen relationships.

If needs aren't being met, then I don't think the guy is wrong for cheating. Just like if the guy never shows his partner that he values her by surprising her with flowers, or a romantic date, then I don't she is wrong for cheating with a guy that will do those things. I don't believe fidelity should be unconditional because it allows people to get lazy and oftentimes society rewards the lazy partner by demonizing the partner that cheats. The only obligation that I think both parties have is to voice their issues with the other before they make the decision to cheat. Like the guy in the piece should flat out say, I need sex more frequently than once every two weeks. If his wife doesn't want to oblige then he should go off and fuck the entire city tbh, and I don't view that as being morally wrong. Or if you are going to say that he is wrong, then you have to hold the wife equally responsible for being negligent to his needs.

I think the best thing that can happen is that people should define their needs up front, so both parties can determine if they are willing and able to meet those needs. For instance, if the woman wants flowers/candy/romantic trip once a week, guy should know that and evaluate within himself if he can meet that need. If he can't then they either have to determine if she's ok with less, if he's ok with her occassionally getting it from elsewhere, or if they should just split. Likewise, if a guy states that he needs sex X amount of times per week/month. If the woman doesn't think she can meet that then they need to decide if they should continue, split, or look the other way if he gets it met somewhere else.
    test
  11. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

Well said Season.
    test
  12. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

you do realize there are animals that mate for life right?

the number of sexual partners one partakes in has nothing to do with being civilized

some mate for life others fuck around, apparently humans are the same
    test
  13. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

i dunno, i could never cheat on my woman..id surely end things way beforehand
    test
  14. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

That article is like a "brainwasher" guide for making cheating exceptable. No go.
    test
  15. liquid`acid

^hardly, its whats called an 'argumentative essay' and we all learned to write them in high school

if you would like to write the other half of the argument and inform the guys here why its ok for women to use sex as leverage to gain the upper hand in a relationship and withhold it from us knowing full well it is a requirement in order for the relationship to last.... im sure we would all be very interest in what the girls have to say about this.

not trying to attack you here but really... just a blanket 'No'?
    test
  16. straight_evil

straight_evil Mrs. Sole

Liq, I understand that sex is a requirement for men, it just seems like men think if a woman isn't having sex with them it's like their holding out as leverage.

Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for sex. Nothing personal to him. But I'm sure he'd enjoy the sex more if I were in the mood and not just lying there thinking about other shit.

At the same time, the things that I deem as a requirement aren't always met by him but I don't assume he's withholding it in an attempt to gain the upper hand.
    test
  17. liquid`acid

^when was the last time you went 2 weeks without getting horny once? not all guys will wait over a year like LP

i dont know any girls that can make it a work week without needing to get laid or bust out their dildo

not being in the mood is fine, most guys can understand that.

the main problem with your argument here is that women who do it are vocal about the fact they are withholding sex to gain leverage.

and just the man in the article stated, a partner should be aware of the others needs and meet them. this means you bf should be aware of what you need form him and providing it... the article isn't that one sided..
    test
  18. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

he'd enjoy the sex more if I were in the mood and not just lying there thinking about other shit.:funny: no doubt lol hhhhhhhhhhmmm lets see now i got get my nails done,car washed lol. oh am sorry were you saying something ? lol
    test
  19. straight_evil

straight_evil Mrs. Sole

Really and truly it happens quite often. I can easily go two weeks without wanting to have sex. I still will for my bf, but it's not like it's saving my life or that I was miserable without it.

This article is pretty one sided, he indicated that his relationship was rocky and dull but 2 weeks and then cheating doesn't indicate that he's making much of an effort to fix it. I don't even remember reading him referring to things he's done for her. A lot of people cheat and start treating their partners differently, so maybe his infidelity is detrimental to their potential sex life.

Also, maybe men don't use sex as leverage, but everyone has something that they use to get what they want. For him, it could be money or affection.
    test
  20. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

lol 3 days tops for me lmao thats it. anything after that i feel deserted.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.