Why every team in the east except the cavs should fear the bulls

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Fatal is back, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

The Bulls match up perfectly with the heat(whom they are currently beating the hell out of) and pistons. The bulls are gonna be a problem if they every acquire a low post presence without tradin deng or gordon. The Bulls however do not match up so good with my cavs reason is

1.Thabo can shut down wade cuz he bigger...lebron is bigger than thabo and will get torched repeatedly.

2.Big z shoots over big ben with ease

3.Larry hughes is a huge matchup problem with kirk hinrich

4.Sasha Pavlovic 6'7 is a huge matchup problem for the 6'2 ben gordon

5.Drew Gooden is a better rebounder than p.j Brown

Cavs and Bulls both rank top 5 in defense last time i checked

Cavs are Best offensive rebounding team in league

We got homecourt advantage over ya'll in the eastern conference finals if ya'll make it.

Hinrich can shut down wade also but luckily our best player is 6'9 not 6'4 so hinrich can't guard him.

I dunno how ya'll beat the pistons so much. Hmm shit is indeed wierd.

Cavs and Bulls gonna ignite a huge rivalry in the eastern conference finals that will live on for years considering how young both teams are.

Bye
    test
  2. pantherdef

pantherdef New Member

the cavs should worry too. if you stuggle against the wiz, then you should worry about everyone...the nets scare me the most outside of detroit. their big 3 is bigger and stronger than the bulls big 3
    test
  3. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

We are not "struggling" against the Wiz, the Wiz have barely won a QUARTER in this series other than the third quarter in game 3.
    test
  4. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

nah we ain't struggling. we just ain't playin hard till the ••h quarter
    test
  5. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Lets take a look at the facts:

Bulls and Cavaliers split the season series 2-2.

Cavs averaged:

96.8 PPG
    43.5 RPG - 12.7 ORPG
    20.8 APG
    44.728 FG %
    69.541 FT %
    35.2 3PT %

and they allowed 92.9 PPG. Therefore they score 3.9 points more than their opponents on average.

However their opponents shot

44.8 FG%
    73.4 FT%
    a low 32.9% from behind the arc

They committed on average 24.6 fouls per game sending their opponents on average 29.8 times to the line per game.

The Bulls on the other hand:

98.8 PPG
    43.7 RPG - 12.0 ORPG
    22.3 APG
    45.7 FG%
    73.4 FT%
    38.8 3PT %

I want to stop and mention that already as you can see the Bulls is a better offensive team. Let's check out the Bulls defensive stats:

They allowed 93.8 PPG, which means they outscore their opponents by an average of 5.0 points.

The Bulls opponents shot:

43.5 FG%
    73.0 FT%
    34.9 3PT%

The Bulls commit an average of 23.3 FPG and send their opponents approximately 27.1 times to the charity stripe.

The only category that Cleveland is better than Chicago in is Opponents 3PT%. Here's a key stat for you though:

Chicago averages 15.4 turnovers per game and has 1.45 assist to turnover ration vs. Cleveland's 13.5 turnovers per game and 1.19 assist to turnover ratio. The Bulls may turn the ball over more, but Cavs assist to turn over ratio is ridiculously low. And that leads me to the next point:

Now we talk players. The only thing that will stop the Bulls from running a train on the Cavs is LBJ. The Bulls small guards, more importantly their point guards, have nobody to guard them. They are too quick for anyone to contain them. the PG position is a non-existant position for the Cavs. Sefolosha maybe 6'5 however he has a 7'0 wingspan. No joke. Luol Deng can cover Lebron if you're talkin about size, but remember one thing, which the Cavs don't have. If Deng is busy guarding James, and Sefolosha is busy guarding Hughes, or however way, they will strictly concentrate on their defensive assignment. Others will flourish offensively. Look at Hinrich's numbers against Miami, very uncharacteristic of him, but yet he sacrificed in order for them to not only beat, but to sweep. That's the thing out the Bulls on any given night, any player, yes including Ben Wallace can run a train on the opponents. Anyways I just wanted to bring facts and then give out an opinion, cuz I don't like it when kids just whine about their favorite players and teams and don't substantiate it.

Pz
    test
  6. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Sorry about my above post, the Cavs are superior in Offensive rebounding then the Bulls as well however the Bulls average slightly more rebounds than the Cavs.

Pz
    test
  7. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

I can substantiate it.

Cavs starting lineup for most of the season was
    pg.eric (no jumpshot so leave me open and go double lebron) snow
    sg.hughes
    sf.bron
    pf.drew
    c.Z

Our offense was atrocious when snow started. I mean terrible it was disgusting.

now we have

pg.hughes(he playin better at pg than he has the whole 2 years he been here than he was at sg)
    sg.sasha pavlovic(underrated defender,he goes to the hole and got a jumper)
    sf.bron yea ya already know
    pf.drew gooden(he killin antawn jamison and i think antawn a better defender than pj.)
    C.z.(he been on fire lately and ben wallace can't guard him cuz he got a jumper like a guard.)

the cavs offense was 25th in the league with the first lineup i stated. we finished at 19th.

yea ya'll thrashed the heat and i am very happy, but don't think you gonna run through or defense like ya'll ran through the heats.

Oh yea our defense was better ppg wise
    test
  8. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Right now, we should worry about Detroit, and you about closing out the Wizards, and either Jerz or Raps. Jerz or Raps are gonna be tough either one. Each one of those teams have their ups and downs. The only benefit the Bulls have is they know Detroits schemes in and out thanks to being division rivals and the defect (Big Ben).

Pz
    test
  9. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

i want ya'll to beat detroit....in 7 games so ya'll can be tired as hell when ya'll play us lmao.

I ain't worried bout us vs new jersey or toronto. we got home court
    test
  10. pantherdef

pantherdef New Member

the cavs should worry about the nets...they are that good. I know in another thread there was an arguement about playoff pgs.

the nets have a good one while the cavs had none. if cle had a true pg, people would fear them a lot more than they do now.
    test
  11. G-Rob da great

^It balances out because New Jersey somehow after all these years, STILL has no post presence. If I were building a team I'd rather take Hughes/Gibson at point with decent post players/excellent rebounders in Gooden and Z-- than take the combination of what the Nets have to offer.

I think Snow would get alot more minutes against the Nets just for his defense factor, no matter which of the big 3 he's pitted against.
    test
  12. pantherdef

pantherdef New Member

^^ Yea but do you think the cavs can run with jersey? I don't know about the cavs. They are obviously a good team with their record and seed, but I felt like they should've instilled fear into the hearts of the wiz and the rest of east in that first round. Instead they let washington play with confidence and actually compete.

Miami knew the series was a wrap after game 2. The bulls imposed there will while cle did not.
    test
  13. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

we are number 4 in defense in the league so we ain't gonna run with em. Yea we should have whacked washington into oblivion but all that matters is that we won.
    Kidd is not gonna rebound on us like he is doin on the raptors i gurantee that. I'ma cavs fan and when we beat the wizards 4-0 i wasn't even happy and neither was them because we knew we was gone win. Think about that.....you know how hard it is to play somebody and u know you gone win? very hard to be at your best
    test
  14. G-Rob da great

Word.

I don't know why cats keep saying we "struggled" against Washington- they didn't win a game, period. Sweeps in 7 game series aren't extremely common either- ask Detroit whose sweep of Orlando was their first in over a decade. But not one person would say the Pistons never really instilled "fear" into the hearts of their 7 and 8th seed opponents over the last 5 years when they made all those trips to the eastern finals.

Miami's comments after game 2 showed that they thought they could still win the series and they didn't exactly get blown away at home.

I'm not really worried about the Nets, it's going to be a slaughter house on the inside for those boys and our (transistion) D is better than it has been in previous years. Cavs in 5 or 6 easy.
    test
  15. hendrixsrv

hendrixsrv Member

aint no bulls beating detroit, detroit is gonna get in that ace and than smash the living shit out of the cavs.

you guys are living in fantasies.
    test
  16. G-Rob da great

You're living in a fantasy. Detroit couldn't even "smash the shit" out of the Cavs last season and the Cavs are much better than last season despite having the same record.
    test
  17. double ML

double ML Guest

detroit in 5
    test
  18. hendrixsrv

hendrixsrv Member

The Cavs are mediocrity at its finest. Pistons in 5 in that series.

I dont even think the cavs have a great chance at getting past the nets to tell you the truth LOL.

must be kidding.

and the cavs arent any better than last year, they're a spitting fucking image of last year, even with hughes, thats the sad part.

They'll get trampled on.

Cavs are butt
    test
  19. double ML

double ML Guest

go suns![stubby]
    test
  20. pantherdef

pantherdef New Member

Just like cats who ignored the warriors dominance over dal during the regular season, the bulls won 3 of 4 against detroit. And the bulls could not close out the fourth game....it could be closer than many people may think.

I understand giving det. all the credit in the world for their body of work in the past, but that's what everyone did with mia and dal.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.