why dont peopel accuse shaq of performance enhancing drugs

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Flow Da HoloGraff, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flow Da HoloGraff

Flow Da HoloGraff Fuck Up!

i mean look at his body mass from the time he entered the league to now. his head got bigger. everything that's said about bonds.

not that i'm accusing shaq. i'm just wondering
    test
  2. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

i thought that was from whoppers
    test
  3. Flow Da HoloGraff

Flow Da HoloGraff Fuck Up!

and barry's isnt?
    i mean everything they point to about barry
    shaq has
    big ass head
    ridiculous gain in muscle mass
    knee injuries
    why hasnt one basketball player been accused of steriods
    it's just weird to me ... they should pump durant up with the clear
    that'd be great
    test
  4. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Nah.

I think Zo was on that juice.

He's like 11% bodyfat, 260 of mostly muscle coming back from a kidney failure of some shit, swatting shots like he's was still 23.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  5. Nam Dekan

here are a couple statements about steroids in basketball

Said one veteran NBA athletic trainer who wished not to be identified: "In the basketball culture, players want to be long and athletic. They want to be lean, and they would be fearful that added bulk would affect their lateral quickness. The baseball player, the power lifter, the sprinter – they're looking for power in short bursts. Those sports are built around short bursts of activity with long periods of rest and recovery. Basketball is continuous activity with short periods of rest and recovery."

Adds Dallas Mavericks team physician Dr. Tarek Souryal: "Steroids is really a factor in power sports. Football. Baseball if you're a power hitter. You're not going to see it in hockey, in soccer, in basketball. When you're playing every other night for 82 games, endurance is really what you're after, and steroids actually hurt that."

Wasn't Shaq just pretty fat there for awhile like balooned way up. Oliver Miller was on the twinkie diet for awhile I know...
    test
  6. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

nam theres different kinds of steroids besides anabolics

and shaq has been beasting forever and he didn't hit the prime of his career when he was 35

bad argument
    test
  7. Nam Dekan

I didn't type it..I got those excerpts from an ESPN interview with people from the NBA. So talk to them about it not me..He asked a question about steroids in the NBA and I supplied excerpts from an article on the same subject
    test
  8. Nam Dekan

test
  9. Purple Haze

Show some respect ryan.
    test
  10. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Or could it be that Shaq and Barry just grew the fuck up?

I mean, they were practically kids when they entered their respective leagues... Shaq was like 19 or 20... Barry was 20, 21... as they age, their metabolisms slow down and they gain weight much quicker... also, a man's bone structure doesn't really stop developing until he's in this mid to late 20s... and muscle mass increases skeletal mass, as well... all it takes is weightlifting and good diet to increase muscle mass.

My head, shoulders, and chest are a lot bigger than they were 10 years ago... and all I do is lift and eat right.
    test
  11. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

word, bonds hit puberty at 38. very logical.
    test
  12. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

^^Are you serious? Bonds was great in the 90's you fuckin dickhead. I guess you think Clemens is on the Juice too.
    test
  13. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

its possible but i doubt it..

shaq is just one big fucker.. he has no muscle tone

amare, dwight howard, ben wallace, etc would be better considerations

but i dont think steriods is big in basketball.. 90% of the league are skinny twigs a la KG...
    test
  14. Purple Haze

King James is on roids.
    test
  15. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

Maybe in the 90's but these NBA niggaz are big these days. They might look skinny on TV but them niggaz are pretty big in Person. Just ask them white dudes who got the breaks whooped off em a couple season's ago.
    test
  16. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

A-Rod is gona shatter bonds' record.
    shaq isnt even cut.. how the hell you think he uses steroids?
    test
  17. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

You're a stupid idiot... did you read my post at all?

What I wrote had nothing to do with puberty... and puberty isn't the end of skeletal and muscular growth, dumbass... men's skeletal frames don't stop growing until their mid to late 20s dipshit... and Bonds has always been a power hitter... he may have juiced, which helped his bat speed and power, but hitting homers is a skill... if all it took was power, then you can take any roid-head from pro wrestling and they would be knockin' em out all day.
    test
  18. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

i should smack rich for saying shaq reached his prime at 35. shaq's performance declined every single year since he has been on the heat, and dwyane wade is not the reason. kobe bryant was droppin' 25-30 a night wit shaq on the team and shaq was droppin' 25-30 a night along wit 10-15 rebounds to boot. shaq started off very good wit the magic, reached the zenith of his career wit the lakers, and is now in the decline of his career wit the heat. he's just a big dude who works out and eats a lot. this thought of really any nba dude taking steroids is kind of dumb. you can be a 6'7", 190 pound shooting guard and be the best player in the league. basketball is much more a mental game than any other sport. that's why k.g. is 7 feet and for the most part of his career was under 240 still pulling down nearly 14 boards a game wit •••••• 20-30 pounds heavier than him lookin' weaked out down low.

•••••• who weigh under 175 ain't gonna be hittin' homers left and right, that's just the honest truth right there. you got the short and quick base-stealers at the top of the batting line-up, the strong ass power hitters in the 3, 4, and 5 spots, and then the •••••• who can hit the ball 1 out of 4 times to fill in the last few spots. it's common as fuck for baseball players to be on that juice for that sole reason alone. that's why it does look weird as fuck that •••••• like mcgwire, bonds, and sosa start gettin' amazingly better in their 30's, so i can't even front on accussations, but i'm the type of nigga that believes in innocence until proven guilty.

and in football, no d-back weighing under 180 is gonna be puttin' licks on receivers. that's just the truth. they might get lucky and catch a dude in mid-air where he is most vulnerable, but the biggest hitters are the bulkiest guys, primarily linebackers and d-linemen, moreso lb's. that's why football is known to have scores of players who take 'roids. merriman got busted for some sort of performance-enhancing shit a season or two ago.

basketball just ain't the sport. i don't see too many hockey players takin' that, too.
    test
  19. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

hardkore there are probably 15 players in the mlb who weigh under 175...

you see people hit their prime in their 30s because baseball is more mental than anything, basketball is quick, fast, and takes explosiveness, that doesnt mean that its 'mental', it means that it takes great intuition and impeccable timing

basketball is more physicly demanding than baseball, theres a specific body type that you need to have, and steroids wont get you there, as you get older in basketball, you get worn out and cant hack it anymore, it wouldnt make any sense for someone to heavily use roids in basketball.

lol @ someone being 6'7 190
    test
  20. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

If Shaq was on performance enhancing drugs, he m ust've not read the label right.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.