Why doesn't Joel Osteen ever quote Biblical scripture?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Alias3000, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

...Because if he ever did, his entire congregation would leave him overnite.

Watch him one day, He will never quote scripture, just make up fancy stories to tell and pass the money plate. Never quote a scripture and make is understandable. NEVER.

[​IMG]

AND OH LOOK!!...Oprah and Tyler Perry's stupid asses attending one of Joel's witchcraft ceremonies.

[​IMG]
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

who the fuck is he and who the fuck cares?

....is what i wanna know.

oh and why do you know who he is?
    test
  3. Ass Napkin Ed

Ass Napkin Ed DC - 19th & Benning Rd

lol sexually obsessed
    test
  4. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

he's a big time megachurch preacher in Houston whose sermons are shown on national tv all the time.

and you have a point, he don't really quote bible verses, they just run bible references on the bottom of the screen. Even true christians do not feed from his word on a regular basis, you can't, there's no preaching on the spiritual warfare, spiritual discipline, discipleship, and no teachings on Grace principles.

Joseph Prince is much more thorough.
    test
  5. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

This.
    test
  6. x calibur

x calibur

smh @ megachurches and televangelists. they embody all the bad stereotypes of religion.
    test
  7. IAmBenT

I wish they would be more transparent with the millions that they bring in. That's serious money that could make real changes happen. I dont honestly fuck with any of those mega churches money wise, cuz I feel what they be teaching on giving is just wrong man. and then even worse, who knows where the money goes? Im sure SOME of it feeds homeless people or helps sick kids or builds a church here and there, but MOST of it? Spent on maintaining the MEga Church man. And that ain't Biblical.

Shit...

Jesus didn't even have a church, yo.
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Joel osteen doesnt teach scripture.
    he teaches principles..some of which line up with scripture.
    some dont.
    test
  9. x calibur

x calibur

word. they avoid financial audits because of religious tax exemption. I wish there was more transparency. like you said, I'm sure SOME of the millions they pull in goes towards the Lord's work, but the rest goes towards operations and outright embezzlement. I can't help noticing how some of these preachers live in mansions, push luxury whips, fly in private jets, wear the finest suits, etc.

in general, it's all about money, showmanship, and mass-marketing. I see none of the discipline and humility that characterize the better things religion has done.
    test
  10. Superman70

Superman70 edited

:usureboutdat:
    test
  11. Superman70

Superman70 edited

Why do you even have a tv man

what are you doing with your life
    test
  12. Drink8cokesAday

Drink8cokesAday ALL DAY

What I get out of every Joel Osteen show I've seen: Don't get sad because God will be sure you have lots of money soon. We could also use money. Donate to us and buy our books.
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

dude i live in canada, this shit isnt on tv here
    test
  14. Superman70

Superman70 edited

The ones that kill me are when theyre selling the holy water or some shit and people are giving testimonials saying the dabbed some holy water on their kneecaps and the next day they hit the number
    test
  15. IAmBenT

LMAO

yo there are some really crackerjack ones that sell vials of "holy blood oil" that will bless you with riches and protect you from demons.

GTFOH that shit ain't in no Bible
    test