Why Doesn't God Just Get Rid Of The Devil?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Crates, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radium

Radium f k

yeah

you see an all powerful being/a being without struggle (i.e. your proposed humans without the devil concept) lacks purpose. this being has everything it needs already. he has no need for anything because he is perfect and without discontent. he wants nothing because to want something requires that you are lacking in some way. that you are discontent; something that a being who is not challenged by struggle never experiences.

a flawed being (like say, us)

is constantly surrounded by and filled with discontent. we don't have this, we don't have that. we must somehow try to find some way to achieve out our desires. this fills up our lives. think of how often you do this from the simplest things to the most critical things. You're hungry so you must find a way to get food. you have sexual desires so you must find a way to attract sexual partners. and in general you must find a way to avoid all the dangers that threaten your fragile existence. To top it all off, you must also try to find things that can make you happy throughout this life.

all of this is a struggle in some way. from one struggle to the next, from the littlest of things to the largest.

to remove struggle would in one fell swoop remove our purpose. we would become those devil-less humans you speak of. beings that never have to struggle or know what it is to be faced by something that challenges our happiness. and in that same strike we would invalidate ourselves.
    test
  2. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

says the republican that supports bush....

you're worried about abortions when bush could give 2 fucks about our country. him and cheney are gettin dumb paid off the "war on terror".

talk about that 79 billion dollar surplus in iraq...and how we spend 10 billion a month on the war in iraq...

shit doesnt add up...but you support this nigga? lol

you should stop beleiving everything you read
    test
  3. Brain

Brain New Member

People look too much into books instead of their own actions.

There was an acient •••ish tribe who used to send a goat out into the mountains as a way of casting the "devil" away.Can anyone see the horribly funny side to this?There's right and wrong to me.If I do wrong I don't pray to the universe that it dosn't happen again yet then do something wrong and restart the cycle.

It's just rediculous,even if there was such a thing whatever some of you folks believe in I'm sure it would be ashamed at the sheer stupidity and greed some of you live with everyday.

Take responsability and don't worry about shit you can't even prove.
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I've already secularly defined evil as: morally objectionable behavior.

Sorry, but I don't understand your ridiculous questioning.
    You're thinking is archaic, please by all means keep believing in a title given to the supernatural being, which correct I don't think exists.
    test
  5. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

Show me a post where I support Bush.

Y'all just mad Bush got more swag than Obama. I'm a conservative leaning moderate that exaggerates alot to fuck with you super Liberals, but I don't support Bush. I may support things he does at times, and agree with some of his lines of thinking, but I don't consider his presidency a success.
    test
  6. CharmSmoker

CharmSmoker Illest RM Poster

Anyone that believes in science, rather than the God of Israel needs help. Theres only one God and one truth.
    test
  7. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

beautifully said...
    test
  8. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

^
    Radium,Sizzla

That's one way of looking at what you consider as the need for the Devil. But what about God getting rid of the Devil because of his influences?

Why do innocent people have to deal with and suffer from bad people? When someone gets abused is this what God is allowing to happen through the Devil? Again doesn't it make more sense to get rid of the Devil and his influence so genocides,corruption and crimes against people can be stopped?
    test
  9. Radium

Radium f k

like I said the world is not ideal. we don't live in heaven. not right now.

its only through our choices that we can transcend these things (the devil)

to fight him and to defeat him. some of us will lose and some of us will win. but all of us must still fight. its either that or succumb to him...

this is your choice. that is the choice thats been given to all of us. its up to you which one you choose.

you can ask god to stop the devil or we can put it upon ourselves instead...

should it seem clear that by god's allowing of the devil to exist in this world which option he wishes you to favor?

to answer your question God can stop him. Isn't he all powerful? but he is asking you to stop him. he is asking you to show your strength.
    test
  10. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

^
    You're talking about a need for the Devil as far as shaping individuals. But what about getting rid of the Devil because of his influence? People can choose to be good decent people but what if they have a genocide or dictatorship put on them? Aren't these things the result of the Devil? So why doesn't God get rid of the Devil to stop genocides against good people?
    test
  11. Dex Luiz

Dex Luiz Guest

Gay thread.
    test
  12. CharmSmoker

CharmSmoker Illest RM Poster

Why is it the people that always questioning God are the ones that don't read the bible or know the word of God? Get an understanding first before you ask questions
    test
  13. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

^
    I once heard someone say that you can take the Bible and make a hundred different religions out of it.

This means that what's said in the Bible has many different interpretations and this is what can cause people to question things. I mean not all Christians interpet what's in the Bible the same.
    test
  14. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

what it says in the Qur'an about the whole ordeal about iblees (the devil) being casted out of the heavens. he (as an angel at the time) was asked to bow down to Adam as all the other angels did. but, as he was made out of fire, and Adam out of clay, arrogance crept into iblees. which was known as the first sin. he didn't wanna bow down to Adam because he personally thought he was better than him (Adam). so he was cast out of the heavens, and given respite 'til the end of days ...

@ times i personally believe satan or the devil to be within your own nafs (self). if you can control your desires, etc. you have beaten the devil ...

i'd like to finish off with a quote from barnizzle my nizzle ...

[turn] ...
    test
  15. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

its all about the balance in the universe...without evil..there would be no good to measure on..after all..what is good? what is evil? hitler believed he was a good man and served the right purpose...in his own mind,..
    test
  16. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

then what made him off himself? ...

[turn] ...
    test
  17. M.T

M.T Registered User

You can't get rid of something that doesn't exist.
    test
  18. KriminaL

KriminaL Guest

Apparently --

Heaven was intended as a place that we were all bound to live, God told all his angels that he wanted to create something more powerful than him, so god made humans, (at this point we had no genitalia so there were no genders, but ill refer to it as man) placed man in eden and said, "this is yours to enjoy".

god then told all the angels they were to help man in times of need, but not too interfer in his descisions, all angels agreed to this except the devil, the devil said to god - "How can you create something so free of influence, eventually he will defy you" blah blah blah.

To prove the devil wrong, god planted a tree.
    which blossomed all these incredible fruits.
    and god said to man, "You must not touch this, this is my tree - anything else in this land, you can have. Just not the tree"

.. and man listened and obeyed god,
    seeing this - the devil got frustrated and started to influence man,

"How can you listen to god, he is selfish to keep this tree for himself"
    blah, blah, blah.

and eventually man then took fruit from the tree.

The devil then went and told god,
    "see - i told you, they will eventually defy you, they must not live in this land".

and man was cast out of eden,
    (we then were given genitals and made to experience emotions, good and bad)

the reason the devil exsists, (if you believe so) .. is because god believes you should now have something to tempt you to defy god, if you stay true to him - you go to heaven, if not - you go to hell. simple.

.. personally, i dont believe that. I'm not in the slightest bit religious,
    but one of my friends who is, explained it like that.

but eh.
    i guess thats why the devil still exsists.
    test
  19. Strike2

Strike2 Man Meets Creator

I think radium states it well.. but doesnt it all come down to free will...?
    without an alternate choice there is no real free will, and for some reason god wanted us to have it...
    this reverend at this church once layed it out like this.. the devil is the prosecuter for the end of days... hell is jail... and since it comes down to free will theres no rules against entrapment
    test
  20. Anonmuz

Anonmuz Decepticons = Truth

Wow ok... there's a few points... a lot of points you all are way off. First off you gotta think of it first like this...

GOD gave us all free will to choose right or to choose wrong, GOD or the devil.

Radium you got it ALL mixed up...

Our purpose of life is to serve GOD, not love. Love is a Gift from GOD. read 1 Corinthians Chapter 13 verses 1-13.

The devil was an Angel of light in HEAVEN (the reason why his name was LUCIFER). He lost his title LUCIFER when he went against the word of GOD and therefore was cast out of HEAVEN along with 2/3 of the angels that followed him and he was given the title of the devil.

As for people being able to make boundless religions out of the text is from lack of understanding. Like it says in the book

"14For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

15What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

16Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?" 1 Corinthians 14:14-16

Meaning, say what you say with knowledge and understanding of what you say otherwise its meaningless and you are just speaking to the air.

@ Kriminal, Your friend got it wrong if you quoted him right, EARTH was intended for man not HEAVEN. The Bible says that man can only visit HEAVEN in the spirit, not the flesh.

GOD did not intend on making beings more powerful than Himself, it's simple logical thought thats all around us if you take the time to look... Nothing can be more powerful than the source. We need GOD to live, therefore we cannot be greater than Him if we need Him. A plant needs sunlight to survive, therefore the plant can never be greater than the sun... so on and so forth...

And to those who think that evil comes from within and not the devil think about this... The devil can only influence and give suggestion. That is why in the Bible and in law, if any thought are premeditated you are guilty because you had the sensible choice to not do a crime or sin.

Those thoughts are not of you they are suggested thoughts from the devil, foreign thoughts, all these movies and video games are all thought suggestions from the devil.

Not everyone is easily influenced by them but the ones who are, are caught up. Thats one of the reasons why the devil trys to get as many people as he can on perscription drugs cause you are more open to these influences on these drugs.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.