Why Doesn't God Just Get Rid Of The Devil?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Crates, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

If God is all knowing,controlling and powerful as many believe then why doesn't he just get rid of the Devil?
    test
  2. Radium

Radium f k

i guess the devil must serve some kind of purpose. how much it must pain him to know that he is ultimately only a tool of God and nothing more. that no matter what he does he is still only supplying a service to God in some way.
    test
  3. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

Well if God did get rid of the Devil that would make the world a better place. Isn't this what God wants?
    test
  4. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

Well then there wouldn't be anyone to scare people into believing in God.
    test
  5. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

it'll all make sense sooner than later
    test
  6. Brain

Brain New Member

What is the devil?
    test
  7. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

your vagina
    test
  8. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

test
  9. Brain

Brain New Member

Didn't think you would answer.
    test
  10. Radium

Radium f k

I guess not

whats interesting about the devil is that without him life is perfect. in this sense, youre very right. there is no...struggle.

but without struggle then what? where is your fight?

when a boxer becomes the undisputed champion of his division something very strange happens. he has defeated all the threats to his title; all of the perennial contenders, all the fading past champions, all of the up and coming prospects. he has defeated them all. not much is left in his glorious wake. he has cleaned up the division. so he strings together an endless stream of victories against clearly overmatched opposition; the only opposition that now remains. these meaningless victories. does that also too make him meaningless?

its strange, he loses his purpose to exist. he is a fighter but with nobody to fight he is nothing. he is a king of nothing.

in the business they say there are only two things to do when this fate befalls a fighter. move to a new division or retire.

in essence, in order to exist he needs to find new struggle or submit to death in the form of retirement.

he usually moves to a new division...

well thats boxers for you. they're fighters after all. anyway you should be like the boxer. choose the struggle. its only in fighting the struggle that you can prove your true greatness. to show how powerful your love really is.

is it strong enough to beat the devil? only the strongest love can beat the devil. not the cheap half hearted love. its takes mountain moving love to defeat him.

list of people who beat the devil:

muhammad ali
    bernard hopkins
    john stockton
    sade
    test
  11. Radium

Radium f k

oh anyway my point was this

the devil exists so that you can fight him. to fight the devil is the greatest expression of love. to beat the devil is the greatest triumph of love. if love is the purpose of life (it is) then you should find great joy in fighting the devil and beating him up wherever you see him.
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Defeating evil (ie. ussr) with reagans rollback policy was a realistic view, but this whole defeating the devil that doesn't exist is quite another. If you must be a dichotomy thinker at least learn to seperate Evil "morally objectionable behavior" from the devil "a title given to the supernatural being, who, in mainstream Christianity, Islam, and some other religions, is believed to be a powerful entity and the tempter of humankind."

ie. you can have evil without the devil being the master mind.
    test
  13. CharmSmoker

CharmSmoker Illest RM Poster

I guess I'm the only one that knows, in the book it says he was in heaven or something but he casted him out, and gave him reign for a period of time. The Devil is not a redman with horns its a spirit. Check the story of Nimrod the hunter also, they was trying to build there way into the heavens.
    test
  14. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

Or the only one that believes everything you read.
    test
  15. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

That's making life more complicated don't you think? There are differences between a fighter needing competition to stay interested and having the Devil recking havoc on earth and in people's lives. God could just make life on earth better and happier by just taking out the Devil now.
    test
  16. Radium

Radium f k

menaz you cant even fight the devil (evil) because you dont even acknowledge that he (it) exists.

how then can you understand his nature? and by that: his weak point.
    test
  17. Radium

Radium f k

or you yourself could make life happier and easier by taking out the devil now or wherever else he shows up. this is why you were given a body in the first place, right? I guess you could sit around complaining lamely about the weight that has been put upon you. that you have been forced to live in a world ruled by the devil. where bad things happen constantly. you could spend your time on this earth this way as you slowly fade into death.

but thats not your purpose. you were put here to avoid those terrible things.

if you've been on this forum for a while you might remember when i went through that phase of where I was trying to understand the nature of omnipotence. that is, what would an all powerful creature spend his time doing.

one thing I took from that was that existence requires purpose. that for something to exist it must have a purpose that drives it and necessitates its existing.

without getting into what I finally concluded from those wonderings just know that it is a gift for you to have purpose not a curse. the devil exists as a way to give you purpose.
    test
  18. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

Has the Devil been proven to actually exist?

Some religions don't even have a Devil concept.
    test
  19. Radium

Radium f k

does evil exist?
    test
  20. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

So is this the actual reason God doesn't just get rid of the Devil?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.