Why does everyone want to see Anderson vs Lyoto?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

It would be the most boring shit ever. It would be 5 rounds of two counter fighters fighting. That never makes for an entertaining fight. Lyoto would win via decision, but it would be a very boring fight.
    test
  2. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I think it would be a surprisingly aggressive fight, actually.

Both fighters push the pace more than anyone would like to admit, and both know each other's strengths and weaknesses.

In standup and the clinch, the advantage goes to Anderson.
    test
  3. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

In stand up? Are you serious? I know you think I'm a hater, but I don't see it. Lyoto does not go into any attack. That makes him almost impossible to hit with any type of force and he is going to be able to counter attack you very easily and quickly. I think Anderson is probably the second best fighter in the UFC after Lyoto, and I hate Lyoto, after he knocked out my favorite fighter, but I just don't see how any fighter will actually get within range to hit him clean more than twice in the entire fight.
    test
  4. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

To be fair, Lyoto hasn't exactly fought top notch strikers. Rashad basically has a good overhand right, and that's it. And he even nailed Lyoto pretty good a couple of times with straight punches, simply because he's quick.

Also, I recall Lyoto attacking Rashad somewhat sloppily with the blows that eventually knocked him out. I feel someone with good head movement and countering ability of their own could've made him pay. Not to mention that people have had moderate success with Lyoto in the clinch.

You're right, it would be counter fighting, but it would also be counters of counters. I really think it could be good. Not that I want it to happen, because I'm actually not sure that I do. If Lyoto loses, it kinda fucks him out of his legacy that seems inevitable at this point.
    test
  5. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

To fair he has a vicious pimp slap just ask Forrest...lol
    test
  6. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I actually like Rashad and wouldn't mind seeing him focus more on rounding out his boxing. He has a natural gift for speed and power.

He reminds me of a better version of young rampage, before he traded in his overhand right for hooks.
    test
  7. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Yeah, I agree. I love Rashad, my favorite fighter no doubt, but he does need to work on the boxing a bit more. I would look to do what seems to be the trend in MMA and go work with Roach for a while.
    test
  8. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

it'd be good, anderson just recently said lyoto has the skills to beat him and hes bigger... right after sayin he'd never fight him cause their friends
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.