Why do you write?

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Feme Sole, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ms. Persephone

Ms. Persephone New Member

I write because I almost always have a pen in my hand. I'd look pretty stupid forever holding a pen, and never writing. So I am assuming that it's what I'm supposed to do.
    test
  2. *Princess*

*Princess* skantless bitch

i write cause its easier for me to write down what i really wanna say instead of just tellin the person hey...this is how i feel, so when i write its like i can get EVERYTHING off my mind
    u know how when u wanna tell someone something but you always forget little parts?
    when i write i dont seem to forget anything...

an i love it [heart]
    test
  3. iceheart

iceheart The Frozen Poet

omg i have found a soul mate right there^ welcome to my world - where shyness prevents me from telling the person face to face so i rhyme it and write it, then give it to them and run like hell and hope for the best lol
    test
  4. Dark_Angel

Dark_Angel Dark_Angel

well i write because i find it easier to tell the paper my probs rather than someone, and it is easier to metaphorically talk about problems then to just lay it on the table, it makes it easier...and plus, i love english and i like to share things like this with people
    test
  5. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

i write because its enjoyable i mostly write about the love i have for my boo i started writting to earn money like someone sad i forgot how much i enjoyed doing it i use to rap back in the days so now i just love doing poems all the time best thing bout poems is to me they don't have to rhyme and now i just sale most of them good money to when a brother need some extra dollars you feel me ?
    test
  6. stony

stony ladies sit on grampas lap

i write so i wont kill myself or others...
    test
  7. VersatileSidra

VersatileSidra Rest In Peace

I see writing as a way to vent when I'm stressed, cheer me up when I'm down, act out crazy situations when I want to be silly, and expand my talent when I choose to be serious. It takes me into a dreamworld of my "perfect life" and causes me to never want to leave. It's a comfort zone. it's my warm, soothing bath after a long, hard day. It can also be my biggest frustration when I can't seem to get one idea right.
    test
  8. iceheart

iceheart The Frozen Poet

another good one^
    test
  9. VersatileSidra

VersatileSidra Rest In Peace

Thank you! :)
    test
  10. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

Writing is great, it helps me to escape sometimes. The paper and pen Don't judge me. I need an outlet and writing is it.
    test
  11. ClydeSmiley

ClydeSmiley educate yourself

I write because there is no force greater than the power of words. Throughout history it has been words above anything else that have inspired the progress of time. Revolution, oppression, manipulation, condemnation, it's all done through words. The use of sound, SPEACH, molded and crafted, as God did man, to serve one's purpose. That purpose, be it innocent (love, pride, sorrow) or ambitious (revolt, social critique, rebellion), may be expressed in so few manners. Images (see: photographs, films, paintings, etc.) are the other major tool, but writing, unlike images, comes ENTIRELY from one's own mind, completely without the necessity of tools (paints, cameras, film, etc.). It's the simple man's movies, and that fact makes it more accessable, more effective, to the common citizen.
    test
  12. lewdDog

lewdDog Life is are own illusion

i write because i want to be heard my words no longer slienced...to release stress...i enjoy it...its my hobbie....i write because no1 can tell me i cant...i guess its just a way to express my self n words i never knew i could use...i dont kno y else..i guess not to go crazy as well
    test
  13. Royal Sovereign

Royal Sovereign New Member

I write to express my emotions, because sometimes i just don't feel like expressing them phusically so writing them into a poem is easier and it relaxes me.
    test
  14. Royal Sovereign

Royal Sovereign New Member

lmfao, i like this cat....
    test
  15. I write because sometimes it feels it is all i have..
    test
  16. Nebulaz

Nebulaz fear God, not man

um, mine is a little plain excuse i like to call creativity and imagination. thats all.
    test
  17. misspimp

misspimp a.k.a KATURAH

I write because I love it. I love to put words together and have them mean something, and express exactly what i feel. Explain a situation that im going thru. SOmetimes it makes me feel better. And whenever i write a piece that i think is really really tight, or get the idea for a piece that i think will be really reall tight, i get this rush....and im like so hype, and i guess you could call it a high. I love to write. I cant really explain it...i just do it....because it feels like the right thing to do!!

mad love
    test
  18. DaiN

DaiN King of New Orleans

i do it cause it helps me to relax...
    test
  19. DaJackle

DaJackle ThoughtS ProcessinG

i write because it is what comes naturally to me, some things are hard to express in words, thus writing it and then comming back to it later will help me realize a solution. Poetry is like a branch to a willow as it is a branch for my soul. This way, i can let my mind fight things with words instead of killing one another with petty violence. Wriint is my way of controlling my emotions b4 they explode, sometimes there won't be anyone that will be able to listen to you when you are distress, how ever, poetry help me realeash that tension and frustration and keep my heart light and not heavy with pain and burden....also to get out of boredom
    test
  20. QuoxFackrooro

QuoxFackrooro New Member

george washingtons school

Later...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.