Why do you write?

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Feme Sole, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

test
  2. EminentSkills

EminentSkills New Member

I write because I want too.
    test
  3. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

i write to release the build up of emotion up inside of me.. i write to better my writing skills, i write because i think writing could actually take me someplace in life, to me right now it seems like the only thing that could take me someplace actually.. i sometimes write kind of manipulating my emotion i dont feel that strong but then turn it into a storm of emotion jus to create a strong piece & in the end i hurt myself cuz of it.. sometimes writing calms me down gives me peace of heart, sometimes it paints a picture of how i feel that cant really be expressed in plain words if i was jus talkin to someone.. i write because when i die thisll be my legacy.. i write because its kind of somethin i had in me a while ago.. i kind of forgot that at age 6-7 i wrote simple poetry or some shit like that (in another language).. so i kind of write cuz it was somethin in me that i felt the need to express.. thats why i write..
    test
  4. iceheart

iceheart The Frozen Poet

i write for a number of reasons - because i need an outlet for emotions that would otherwise build up inside me till i explode - because i can create worlds of my own (sorta like playing god) with words alone - because i know someone needs to hear something but i don't know how to say it - because some stories need to be told and remembered - there are a thousand reasons i write, but the main reason i write is because someone else might find inspiration in my words and go on to write on their own. it's like giving birth to a writer in a sense lol. i seriously think writign and rapping are forms of art, and a realtively small number of people can reach enormous amounts of others through them. i am rambling on now so i am going to shut up lol. peace

iceheart
    test
  5. vinous

vinous New Member

i write because im emotionally retarded, and dont like to express how i feel to anybody.
    an outlet definitely, keeps me sane.
    cant express how i feel through speech, and in poetry theres a certain safety net........you can say all you need to say without saying it outright, i can hide myself in metaphors. blah!
    test
  6. h.wood

h.wood IMAGINATION SUPER STAR

exactly as ice and vinous said ^
    plus its alot easier to look at situations and emotions when its written . it's easier than talking ,sometimes there is alot i want to say but but by the time it hits my lips its jumbled up or i'll stutter and ruin it. sometimes i want to be heard without being interupted or questioned to death. it's a way to get other people to see things how i do and help other people to get to know me better and i love reading it too because its raw- even topical poems because they come from somewhere inside the writter and that kind of intimacy is priceless
    test
  7. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

ease the pain
    and it's easier takin out ya frustration on paper
    test
  8. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

to keep myself from going crazy
    test
  9. lpoet

lpoet POET

same here...check under the avy
    test
  10. iceheart

iceheart The Frozen Poet

it says "writting" not writing lol
    test
  11. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

[funny] same here grrl
    test
  12. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

that's like asking me "why do I shit". I have no control over it, and sometimes it is both toxic and painful if I don't...
    test
  13. ViDaR

ViDaR [¤Thong Btween my ears¤-]

i write because im fucking crazy and it soothes my inner pains
    test
  14. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

to vent...

best poetry is written like dat
    test
  15. iceheart

iceheart The Frozen Poet

i think the best poetry isn't from when you vent but from when you have too much love and you put some of it on paper - that's what i do - but i am a hopeless romantic and gentleman (two dying breeds of men) so i have no excuse lol
    test
  16. emigrant

emigrant New Member

I write because..it helps me get out all the shit i have bottled up inside me, all the sadness, anger, love and happyness. i write because i feel like i cant tell no muthafucker shit about how i feel deep down!! lol..i dont trust nobody but my pen and paper....they dont talk back or chat shit when u say how u feel!!
    test
  17. Vulkan'XL

Vulkan'XL New Member

I write because without my pen, the wounds would never heal. Its like Slug said, "Angels sing to me in my sleep// I sold my damaged soul for the magic of speech//" Writing is what I live and breath, do it to the fullest, or dont do it at all!
    test
  18. CitizenKane

CitizenKane The Enterprise

but how do you vent your emotions on paper, i really dont understand?? like what you just write, dont you focus and try to write your best, lol i dont get it!!
    test
  19. Terry

Terry Lost Cause

its a hobby for some
    test
  20. Smouble ML

Smouble ML 90% In NFL Playoff Predictions

It beats talking to myself..That's what I used to do. Had no way to express how I felt to anyone

Then I started writing..it's nice because the paper can't turn away from me or ignore me..It'll always be there.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.