Why do women say that men would never be able to handle pregnancy/childbirth?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Ignorant, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Dawg I was a paramedic for a few yrs. I've seen more men cry in pain then females. Females go through pain every month. Thete tolerence for pain specially over a period of time is higher.

Spread the real via Tapatalk 2
    test
  2. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Of course she's gonna be in more pain assuming you hit harder then a grl. Stop confusing physical strength with tolerating pain. It's medically proven. Doesn't take away from ya manhood it's ok

test
  3. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

lol @ 'medically proven'

First off, post studies that confirm this.

Then use whatever critical thinking skills you have and question how can you possibly compare pain tolerance with any sort of reliability.
    test
  4. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Nigga I ain't about to argue with you cause you feel less of a man that maybe a woman has one up on you. Google the shit yaself. But in my experience as a paramedic i've seen way more men whine and cry real tears over pain then women. period

test
  5. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

I don't care either way. At all.

I just don't care for science being trivialized and tossed thoughtlessly about in layman discussions.

btw

What magical authority up and decided one day that 'crying and whining' was the measurement for pain tolerance?

Women don't express extreme pain in non-vocal ways like squeezing hands?
    test
  6. Superman70

Superman70 edited

he's a paramedic!
    test
  7. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

I think hand squeezing is tolerating pain better then crying.

test
  8. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Im a fireman now actually

test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Were they the same injuries?

Of course, you would see more men than women because men are more often to be victims of violence or accidents.
    test
  10. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

That's what you think huh?

test
  11. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

test
  12. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

most men cant cope with a fucking cold - gtfo
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Just saying im pretty sure there has been studies that prove women have a higher tolerance for pain, or atleast deal with it better than men.

but maybe it was a per/lb kinda thing....i dont remember, pretty sure ive seen articles and results of actual experiments before...

and no im not gonna post links, i dont care enough .
    test
  14. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

DEAD. Iain't gonna hokd you if my stomach is fucked up or I gitta clogged nose or sore throat im cranky. U had 3rd degree burns on my back tokd that like a G though. But that lil shit irks me

test
  15. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

I'm tempted of saying challenge accepted.
    test
  16. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

That's a fact... look it up.

Men hurt each other more than they are hurting women or women hurting other women.

Men are also more often to be dare devils or do stupid shit that causes them to need an ambulance.

It's not a fair comparison actually... particularly when you're not stating the actual injuries.

I would like to see the research on the supposed notion that women have a higher tolerance for pain, though.

Philly got a lot of gangsta bitches, so your observations may be skewed, too.
    test
  17. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

I don't have to look shit up. I work in a.field where I see men bitch more about pain on a weekly basis. Yall niggas just to macho to admit the shit

test
  18. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me of a scene from the movie "Life of Brian", where a guy wanted to have a child..

Judith: Here! I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans', but that he can have the *right* to have babies.
    Francis: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother. Sister, sorry.
    Reg: What's the *point*?
    Francis: What?
    Reg: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies, when he can't have babies?
    Francis: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.
    Reg: It's symbolic of his struggle against reality.
    test
  19. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

Pregnancy is not about physical strength, it is about mental and psychological strength and stamina. Women also tend to have a higher pain threshold than men do. Now, I realize there are exceptions to every rule, but it's pretty accurate.

Patience is another thing that women tend to have more of then men, and pregnancy (as well as giving birth) requires a lot of this. Discomfort, mood swings, frequent urination, a forced change in sleeping position, insomnia, indigestion...the list of things a woman has to endure during pregnancy is long and well fought. It is my belief that a man (most men) would not be able to handle these things for a long period. I think they would buckle in misery. Some women do as well, everyone has a breaking point, but women just tend to be better equipped to deal with this life giving process.

This in no way is meant to belittle men (at least it's not my intention), as we know when it comes to physical strength, and the mental strength required to cope with life and death situations (zombie apocalypse, lol), men win.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.