Why do white people pretend Egypt isn't in Africa

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Flow-Joe, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

Oh, I believe you. Semites are known for being well-endowed... and clean.

So much for being new to the site.

He was a white Semite, most likely. Not that it matters...

Nah, he's saying it because he believes white people group other people and call themselves 'white people.' (The White Man's Burden, etc.)

It's ok to call others by the name they wish to be called.
    test
  2. DangerMouf

DangerMouf New Member

I am new to this site.
    test
  3. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

HOLD UP SON, MY BELIEF SYSTEM DOES NOT SET THE STANDARD, IF IT DID, WE WOULD NOT HAVE THE STATUS QUO THAT EXIST. i did not create race or the false phenomina that comes along with it. as a social construct there is a society that is alive and kicking and its built on race, like it or not. so, while i may not believe in it myself, millions of other people do. when you show me a world where race is not a factor, i will use whatever language needed to be understood in that world. it just so happens that in this one, yawl understand white people, right? its just like i hate the word nigga but, again, my niggaz luv it! they understand and identify with it so, what am i to do? exzactly... use it!
    test
  4. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

test
  5. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

test
  6. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

test
  7. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

1. We often forget that there are black Arabs. Calling them "Caucasian" is a documented ancient European agenda to lay claim to all peoples who had significant impact on civilization throughout history.

2. The only thing we can say for sure about Yeshua is that he was NOT a white Semite. Like siz said: his noted and well docmented history makes this impossible even after thousands of years of whitewashing the bible. Moreover, he couldn't have fit in as he was supposed to WHERE he was supposed to had he been a white anything.
    test
  8. Leila Night

test
  9. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

test
  10. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

you know what? this guy has kinda grown on me...
    test
  11. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

Jesus was as white as jolly old saint nick.
    test
  12. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

yeah right, jesus probably looked more like obama or bin laden...
    test
  13. x - calli

x - calli Guest

egypt is definitely in africa.. although north africa is different in many ways from the rest of the continent.

egypt has been a fascination for whites/europeans for a long time. so naturally, europeans see something from a different race/culture that they like, they imbue it with european culture and distinctions, then embrace it. thats why jesus is portrayed as white, the egyptians are portrayed as white, etc.

arabs, who are predominant in north africa, are causasian as they are mostly descended from the peoples of the caucasus. although theres definitely black/african there too...
    race is a difficult subject, because its so subjective and controversial. dna and languages/linguistics have been 2 two of the best tools for figuring out racial history.
    test
  14. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

test
  15. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

wrd up.
    test
  16. Leila Night

So, Europeans re-visioned history to suit their own ends. Not shocking and not something anyone with a bit of historical knowledge would deny. So, yes, race is relevant in terms of giving historical 'credit.' However, races, as we know them today, were not relevant before the European Dark Age. Can you honestly say people were being grouped as 'black, white and other' a thousand years ago? Y'shua ben Mir'yam was a Semite, yes. Does the rest matter?

i.e. Racism/rewriting history to show one skin color is superior to all others.

Or do we still call that ethnocentrism?

Well. Parts of N.A. I need to be more careful with my words...
    No... Have you ever heard of Arabs living that far West, historically? The racial term 'Caucasian' has nothing to do with the Caucasus region. It's simply a term used to group all people with fair skin. In fact, most Caucasians (most European ones, anyway) are from the Anatolian Steppes, or so the theory goes, but not the Semites.

Oh, but the people who do actually live in the Caucasus region are called the Caucasians.

And completely arbitrary.

DNA? What genes would we be looking at? The ones for hair texture?

As for linguistics, race has nothing to do with language families, and omg, I can actually give a concrete e.g.

Take the languages German, Finnish, Basque and Bengali. Three white skinned peoples and the brown skinned Bengali. Only German and Bengali (Indo-European) are related...

btw, I do believe Bengali people are considered Caucasian in some circles.
    test
  17. x - calli

x - calli Guest

i almost forgot about this thread.. sorry about that leila

word..

thats true.. although other cultures will represent things through thier own light as well. ive seen an old portrait of jesus that made him look asian.

its not just that europeans did that, but the fact that they combined this with rewriting history and worked all this into theories of racial superiority.. thats what makes it dangerous.

arabs didnt live in the caucasus region.. but ive read that they are partly descended from the caucasus peoples who migrated to europe, the middle east, and india.

common perceptions of race certainly are.

i cant say how dna could be analyzed to definitively sort through the races. but there are definitely genetic differences between people of different ancestry. there are conditions/disorders which only affect certain people like jews, african americans, and so on.

language families have nothing to do with race, when race is a measurement of skin color alone.

in my opinion, language is an excellent way of tracing the movements and changes in human populations. finnish is a language of nordic people, and according to my quick fact check, came from the uralic mountain region. theyre definitely not of the same stock as germanic people. and basques are a unique group who have been living in thier homeland between spain and france since before roman times. it makes sense that their language is unrelated to the rest of europe.
    all of these people are fair-skinned, but that goes to show that classifying people by skin color alone is fallacious.

and for the bengali to speak an indo european language, and to be considered caucasion, confirms what i was saying before.. that the caucasus peoples migrated to india as well.
    test
  18. Leila Night

=) It's fine.

Yup. It's not really in the past either. Think about how we as children/hs students (Americans) barely ever learn of the history of places east of German or south of Italy. It a huge deal when you think of what other parts of the world were doing before the European discovery of the Americas... like realllly huge.

Egypt being the only exception. hee.

That's simply not true. Arabs are descended from peoples who lived in north-eastern Africa and the ME (the Levant). Where did you read that? It's completely false.

And you're thinking of the Indo-Europeans. They didn't come from the Caucasus, but Anatolia (where Turkey and Armenia are now) and they migrated to India, Persia and Europe... The majority of the ME are Semites (except for Persians), who are descended from the Afro-Asiatics. The Afro-Asiatics have very little relation to Indo-Europeans... or the Caucasus region.

...uh... What do you mean? The idea of race is based on physical attributes, that is, mostly sight... common perception.

Well, those genetic differences don't always follow racial lines (e.g. lactose tolerance, anti-malarial genes). Race isn't based on biology, but physical attributes. That's why the category is seen as a social construct. And race doesn't always mean common ancestry... Like Semites being considered Caucasian, but they share a closer ancestry with black Cushites than European Caucasians.

You mean Tay-Sachs and sickle cell anemia? Neither affect only Jews or only African-Americans. They affect Jews and African-Americans at higher rates, yes, but not due to race (neither group is their own race, for one).

African-Americans are recent descendants of W. Africans, i.e, people who lived in the tropics/malaria sensitive regions and to quote Wikipedia, "Due to the evolutionary advantage of the heterozygote, the illness is still prevalent, especially among people with recent ancestry in malaria-stricken areas, such as Africa, the Mediterranean, India and the Middle East... In the USA, where there is no endemic malaria, the incidence of sickle-cell anaemia amongst African Americans is lower (about 8%) than in West Africa and is falling. Without endemic malaria from Africa, the condition is purely disadvantageous, and will tend to be bred out of the affected population."

Sickle cell distribution
    [​IMG]

Malaria distribution
    [​IMG]

Nothing to due with race and everything to due with geography...

It's the same with Tay-Sachs; it doesn't only affect Jews. And I'm sure you can use google if you're interested.

Race is a measure of physical traits.

Of course. That's why I'm interested in it myself... because I love history and people.

But Germanic people are of the same stock as Latins and Indic people?

Yeah, but they're Caucasian...

So, skin color and...?

So where does that leave the Finnish and the Basque? Can you see what I'm getting at?
    test
  19. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

Actually most north africans are berbers who speak arabic, not all berbers speak arabic though.

Egypt is technically inbetween the middle east and africa.. but it mostly sinks into africa.. a piece of northern egypt goes right into the middle east
    test
  20. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

even if what you say is true, and its not except in cases of colonialism where peoples true language was replaced by the ruleing class... nevertheless, "Afro Semetic" denotes a race by adding the word "AFRO." it all changes when that word appears! it naturally says "BLACK." so, you continue to run from the Truth, but you cant hide. Afro makes it personal. racial.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.