Why do we need more replies?

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by allnakey, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

For the longest all I've been reading and seeing is how people have been or are being slept on, or how more people should reply. When I first started off in the realm you had to build up a reputation to get replies, you had to give respect to get some. There never were many people complaining about getting snubbed out of replies. I mean where did all this ego come from, why can't people drop a piece and be happy for writing it. The accomplishment isn't in the responses it's in the completion of the poem.... and what it means to you.
    test
  2. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

^I feel that

but we are also here to grow and improve....at least thats how I always viewed the realm?....all of us are nice poets...an online community to share our work with

with all the new heads and name changing in the realm its hard to keep track of reputation

And what Bhitiah called "Drive by Poets"....lol...those that wanna post and run.....can't let people trash this place....after so many put so much work into it....ya know?

whats wrong with wanting to see more people get involved....more poets responing...networking....spreading love and getting better

?

pay it forward
    test
  3. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

For some this may be the only outlet they use, show their stuff. I won't state how I feel about it, that'd be just wrong.

BLAH!
    test
  4. Philly_215

Philly_215 The Silent Poet

well i feel you on this but being a new guy around town. so many only check out there own (or ones they feel arleady ) even if you check them out and post replies to there stuff. so then the new ones barely make a mark even if they stand out. i see post about weekly mags and poet of the week how about rookie of the week or month or battle expose some of the new talent that may be able to rekindle this place, since i keep hearing its lost that spark it use to have

just my opinion please no one jump on me i have a bad back
    test
  5. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

some people quietly start up a reputation...
    i feel its all out of common courtesy
    when you write a poem you would want the people to do the same for you...right?
    test
  6. MANchyld

MANchyld Guest

I think they whole replying thing should be based on posts like it was back in the day

for every piece you drop, you have to reply in at least 3 other poems and you can't drop more than 2 pieces to have up on the 1st page otherwise it gets closed..... seems like this isn't the case anymore and ppl are just posting whatever, whenever they want

they don't reply before or after posting their own all the time and then the realm gets flooded with several poems from the same people.

-there should only be 2 poems from any 1 person on the 1st page of the realm.
    -it should be a rule that a poet must reply to 3 poems before posting his piece or it gets closed

there should also be punishment for people who break these rules
    -1st warning, get banned for a week from the realm
    -2nd get banned for a month
    -3rd get banned for the rest of the year
    4th.... bye bye... no more realm and make a sticky list of who has been banned and for how long

Now that's some good organization.... it's my specialty
    test
  7. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

^That banning mess is a little bit too harsh, this aint the alley. And the replying rule has never worked and I dont know how many times I have to keep telling people. All that rule does is run people out of the realm. People are already complaining about the realm being slow and such so why make it slower with the rules? Then when we had that rule all we had is bullshit replies. All that rule is gonna do is make more people bitch about the replies, like they're doing now. As far as the 2 poem rule, that rule is still jumping. I'm always closing peoples threads if they have more than 2 up. I dont know where you getting at with that. Especially if you're hardly up in here.

People got to understand it's not about constantly posting poems. That's not how you get your feedback. Dont just show up in the realm when you have something to post. Just because you dont have nothing to post doesnt mean you cant reply to a few poems up in here. Start with the poems at the bottom of the damn page and make your way to the top. Majority of the poems that get slept on are always at the bottom. I see people come in the realm and reply to the first poem they see. Start from the bottom up. Dont post every other day. The realm isnt going no damn where.

We got people complaining about getting slept on. Then when they get a good amount of replies they bitch on the lack of depth on the comments they get. Which would you rather have, four replies with good quality constructive criticism(sp) or 20 replies of one line bullshit? I rather have the 4 replies. 20 replies dont mean shit if they aint about nothing. It's not the quanity it's the quality of the reply. It doesnt take 50 million replies to help your ass improve in your skills. Poets with egos, boy I tell ya.
    test
  8. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

ohh trust me i understand man,....
    i dont know im down to go reply to others when i post somethin

yea i guess the rules dont do any good...
    it seems to just be a non stop argument anyways
    guess it would be better to just chill about it and see if you can set an example for others...

no need to ban anyone over some poems imo,
    its not that serious...
    test
  9. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

i agree with elo i dont this its that serious to ban someone for a week for their first attempt...that wouldnt do anything but slow the realm down more than it already cuz...
    one
    test
  10. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

dang...want some true "feedback?" Join a writer's group, go to a workshop

lol
    test
  11. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

^^^word.

i post pieces. and i try to reply. but honestly i might have time to post, and only time to reply to one or two pieces every few days. my schedule is busy and i'm workin so much. i love the realm, but if i don't get any replies....that's cool....I write for me. Not for the reader. But if they wanna check it out, cool. I aint got no ego. How can a poet have ego? That's like having a priest with an ego or something........

make love
    not war.
    test
  12. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

I Post in the realm seldomly, i reply more than I Post (obviously, but i mean even in ratio)

I Post open mics/poems for TWO reasons: I am either REALLY proud and would like to share with peers my work, or I am curious on why i do not feel strongly about certain aspects of a piece. Or I like my concept a lot but feel that its content is not up to par with what i know i am able to do it, so i post it up to refine what ppl seem to not like it, or embelish things about it that people do like.

So when i post my link on other peoples pieces it IS to get that "earned respect" you speak of, and its how i see climbing that ladder of popularity is........

my 2 cents
    test
  13. Philly_215

Philly_215 The Silent Poet

^^^^ wait this is the first reply i've seen of his that he didn't curse LMAO is he going soft lol

but on the real in addition to what every one has put here i feel that most replies aren't the way the person truly feels. that just don't want to say "yo fam i aint feeling this" for what ever there reasons be i see so many poems that people give one liners (if that to ). i mean i know its support but if we are to help any of us out tell the damn truth in a reply good or bad. thats how i real you show a person respect

peace stay up all
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.