Why do UFC fans and Dana White constantly have to bash BOXING?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by VishTaphney, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teechapel

teechapel New Member

rippy i do see your point on that , i've see alot of that were the fighter is str8 but the ref steps in to quick, now pride is differrent with some rules they can stomp and use knees on ground on the head ufc you can't do that no more. i believe dana put alot of money in to it and don't want to seee the money go for bad with a bunch of fighers getting badly hurt. in boxing also you do get more time to heal then what you do in mma ( pride ufc k.o.c. and k-1). to me i love to watch all, i my eyes fighting is an art , an art in many forms.
    test
  2. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

`
    Sakuraba fightwas a disgrace he cannot fight anymore because of his last fight they let it go on to long and he got hit in the neck and back of head too much.

now his brain blood flow is messed up its sad.
    test
  3. CompassSaviour

CompassSaviour Got no brain, goin insane

Calling a fight too early sucks, but I'd much rather that than a late call. There are more dangerous things that a fighter has to look out for, so if he's dazed and can't defend himself, they HAVE to stop it. They can't have the dazed guy fall down, and the attcker raining punches down on him, boucning his skull off the mat, there's no need for it.

Seeing boxers halfway out of it, getting up and being able to "hide" their dizzyness, only to get smacked up a few more times sickens me, but i don't watch boxing much anymore (I'd say 3 or 4 matches a year). Quitting in boxing can be the death of your career.

One of the arguements for MMA being safer than boxing is that you don't get hit in the head as much, so figthers don't get "punch drunk". Also not letting dizzy fighters take beatings probably helps too. I don't buy into this theory yet (MMA is still in it's infancy) but it does make sense to most people, average joes with no medical degrees, and taking things at face value with no research.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.