Why do so many White guys like UFC?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by VishTaphney, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

Why do you think they like MMA so much?
    test
  2. ILLnSkILLz

ILLnSkILLz New Member

what a terrible post/question.... u should be shot
    test
  3. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Because they don't fair well in the boxing world.

The greatest white boxer is Kevin McBride.
    test
  4. Newportz

Newportz Guest

^ Where do you find most boxing gyms..

There's 2 white champs alone right now that are undefeated and respected...
    Hatton & Calzaghe...

But as it is, a lot of white dont need sports as an outlet, so they dont devote their lives to it...

and as far as whites and UFC...who knows...I wrestled for 4 years in highschool...and when the first UFC came out it was kind of interesting to see people beating the living shit out of each other...and some were wrestlers..

It's more of a primal sport..and it appeals to men for that reason...whites have always been boxing fans, so UFC just adds to more of that combat that we crave...

UFC is boring though...I had been watching Pride as an MMA fan...

I can't understand why it wouldn't appeal to whites....or blacks...or anyone else for that matter.
    test
  5. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

[​IMG]
    Lmao I used to train in mma buddy and i like boxing much more its been my first love.
    test
  6. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I'm black and I love the UFC and Pride [dunno]
    test
  7. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

me too I like pride better though
    test
  8. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

Ya pride is better.

but if you go to a UFC event or any mma in america its filled with drunk rednecks or white trash.
    test
  9. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

yet i was bashed for saying it's "a redneck thing" (UFC)
    test
  10. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ya I just cant stand the kids at those events they keep saying boxing sucks boxing sucks mma guys will kill them,....but they never watched boxing ever and couldnt box for shit .....this is the first time they ever got interested in fight sports only because they can wrestle and they say hey i got a chance to be a tough guy now...its lame.

Boxing and MMA are completely different sports...the only reason mma is doing good now is because its a huge hyped up extreme sport the way ufc is going its becoming a fad but the more you watch it the more you start missing boxing....i started missing boxing already cause of the sloppy stand up in so many ufc fights.

plus the corruption is getting worse then boxing, dana white is a snake and the fighters only get paid 3 grand on undercards and they have to split that 5 ways.

alot of the fighters are getting treated worse then slaves or sweat shop workers...thats gonna be the downfall greed.

Boxing has corruptions but its mainly in the smaller countrys...and most of it is bad judging.

in MMA you have the PRIDE fighting yakuza and allowing fighters to use steroids scandal, in UFC you have greedy ceos who brainwash their fighters and manipulate them to fight for basically free while the ceo gets the millions.
    test
  11. Newportz

Newportz Guest

Exactafuckingmundo..

I was watching MMA hardcore and started to get bored of the lame ass stand-up...thats why I dropped UFC some time ago for Pride anyways...

Gomi, Jens Pulver and Hayato Sakurai( of course Fedor...i'd tune back in to see him still) were the only ones I started to watch towards the end...

But i started to crave the tactical part of the sweet science again....No longer 2 wack ass brutes throwing sloppy ass punches, but 2 tactical fighters giving it there all...

Juan Diaz snapped me out of the MMA faze and brought me back to my first love...if you haven't seen the man fight, i'd ask any of you to invest your time...

Good post..
    test
  12. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

one word PACQUAIO that snapped me out of mma lol this dude is too damn exciting like an energizer bunny.

the baby bull is fun to watch but he lacks pop but boy does he keep punching.

its funny cause to all those wrestler guys on Sdog they said that cyborg vs manoef fight was awesome stand up lmao! those guys looked like drunk brawlers and couldnt even land a clean shot and they gassed out so quick.

when I told them that fight was not a good stand up, they said to me MMA shits on boxing and all this shit lol.

I cant stand that man they are two different sports its almost as if they are jealous and want attention.

but once the heavyweight division has a champ which might be Wladimir at this time then boxing will be big again...its all on the heavyweights because the mainstream loves the heavys....and since the champ is White it will make alot of casual white ufc fans watch boxing again.

its funny cause I will only watch a few mma guys...right now brandon vera is one of them, Fedor of course the guy is a robot! pound 4 pound the best and my favorite active fighter...rickson gracie, bj penn, and mostly the light weights.

I used to like chuck liddell but too many bandwagon fans.
    test
  13. Newportz

Newportz Guest

As much as the heavyweight division re-emerging would benefit boxing, i've grown fond of the smaller guys dominating the airwaves...

They've always been the most exciting...and they used to get put to the backburner for a bunch of heavyweight bum fests..

People like Arce, Darchinyan, Rafael Marquez, & even Pacquiao might never have been noticed if the HW division was still prominent...good example was Rosendo Alvarez...he had a lot of promise, but King wasted his prime years promoting his bigger guys...

Anyways...Calvin Brocks fighting this weekend on B.A.D...he's a decent heavyweight, and the "White Wolf" put on an exciting show against Lamon Brewster...

Klitschko is still a bitch in my eyes...the K.O. loss to Corrie Sanders is still etched in my mind..not to mention the loss to Brewster..

They're talented HW's, but none of them pack the tools needed to bring the HW division back into the forefront...

allthough, Tommy Z looked impressive...wish he could fight more..
    test
  14. Newportz

Newportz Guest

Yeah, Diaz lacks power, but his 100+ punches a round is crazy..

and he works hard as hell to the body...

He's the type of fighter that hurts boxers careers...65-70 landed punches thru 12 rounds is the type of shit that leaves opponents brain-dead...

I want to see him matched up against an Acelino Freitas or Joel Casamayor already...the Sim fight was entertaining, but screw a rematch...this kid is ready, get him the top fights...

Joel Julio is on this weekend..it'll give people a chance to see the future Welterweight champ..
    test
  15. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

joel julio is a good prospect.

but im thinking the heavyweights aint gonna make the smaller weights dissappear but actually bring more notice to them....because their is no Tyson...remember when ali was big? during the 70s during the end so many people watched the smaller weights as well....but maybe thats cause they used to show boxing on abc every weekend...i think the death of boxing was the invention of ppv.
    test
  16. Cornrow Wallace

Cornrow Wallace New Member

So true. Crackerz dont have heart.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.