Why do quite a few people think Live should be free?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Look im Gangsta, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

It's £50/$100 a year. Most companies charge for a service monthly at that rate.

Plus, it's one of the best things ever to happen in life. Ever.

Cheap cunts.
    test
  2. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

lol .. I was wondering this myself .. I seen loads of mottos saying "make live free" and such .. where was it started? .. and do those people really think M$ will pay attention when these people have paid the £40/$80 to voice this opinion? ..

It would be nice if it were free .. but it's worth every penny in my opinion ..
    test
  3. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Probably because the Playstation network is free? I think for PSNetwork, they charge u for downloads of games..etc...which live does as well. You also have to pay if u want to play the major multiplayer games i think. Live is only like 7 bucks a mth I think...not expensive at all.
    test
  4. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

^^ what he said....

but also because on certain ps3 games they have dedicated servers.....and its still free......xbox live is purely p2p with no dedicated servers when it comes to playing online and they are charging you
    test
  5. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

wrectify

you don't have to pay to play any game on the ps3.....except to buy it
    test
  6. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

Naw, you pay for nothing on Playstation Network except downloadable games or certain game content.....Everything else is free. Plus with firmware updates, it adds stuff that you couldn't do before for example in game music or cross game chat, which is what uodate 2.00 is supposedly gonna add.

The best thing about LIVE is the huge community that supports it. Cause I think it should be free too but long as its so popular and people dont try PSN out, then Microsofts got no problem gobbling up money.
    test
  7. Cane

Cane New Member

you get what you pay for.

you have can sony's online service for free and get basically nothing interesting. barely any players, and barely any games to play.

on live, you pay about the price of a game, 5 bucks a month roughly i think, and you get a great library of live enabled games, live arcade, and all the other stuff. plus the best part-the community.
    test
  8. LokStok

when you consider you've sold one of your kidneys to buy the PS3 .. then the least Sony can offer is free i-net ..
    test
  9. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

The thing that sucks about Live is that people are too competitive and rude. I swear...I ran into the rudest people on live playing Gears. It's just full of angry nerds basically...which is why I basically canceled it. I can't play with people who take games too seriously. Dude, seriously, there was an EIGHT YEAR OLD KID online bitching me out while we were playing the campaign level on Gears...that is...until I told that youngin that I am old enough to be his big brother and his mother wouldn't appreciate the things he was saying. I can't deal with people on live..sorry.

I think the free game network is a good idea....but...playstation needs to expand their multiplayer library I think. Then again, I can't make that statement with certainty because I don't own a PS3..nor do I know what the best multiplayer games are on the system. I like Sony and 360..so I could care less...just as long as I am playing a good game. Multiplayer doesn't matter to me because I don't participate in it. Just a bunch of angry, hateful, competitive, racist wanna-bees that u meet on that stuff.
    test
  10. LokStok

^ that's what the friends list is for bud ..
    test
  11. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

how the fuck are there no players to play with on the ps3?

resistance is deep with players at any time of the night

and warhawk's server list is well over 500........there's a TON of people who play both
    test
  12. ReverseSWAT

lol@barely any players.. Do you even have a PS3?
    There is alot of players on PSN, roughly a million or approaching it though LIVE dominates the userbase online by far.

I feel you though Wrectify, LIVE does have alot of annoying ass people specially young kids. Thats why I stopped as well. I'm jus glad PSN has a higher age group..I rarely if ever run into any nasely nosed pre teens or overly competitive assholes. Everyones more chillaxed.
    test
  13. Look im Gangsta

I dont care what the people are like on Live. Well, obviously I do, but in reguards to price it's irrelivant.

And some games do have dedicated servers dont they?

People alwayys moan about EA's.

I think it's worth the money.
    test
  14. Cane

Cane New Member

but if you don't want to play resistance or warhawk, what are you doing to do?

about a 4th of the ps3 install base is online. maybe 3 and a half mil of that is english speaking. so probably about 900k. which isn't much compared to live's 6 million or so.

the shitty part about live is the racists, oh and the 10 year olds. and the 10 year old racists. but you're going to get that with whatever the best service is. it's just a side effect of anonymity.
    test
  15. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

No disrespect because I know you and a lot of people like live..but I'd rather sit down and play with my friends. When a group of like 8-10 people are in a lounge arguing about who has the most kills or calling each other "n00bs"....it just becomes unbearable...seriously. Not to mention that the people you play online...they spend their LIVES..every millisecond..trying to either master a game or find a way to cheat. I had some fuck try to cheat his way through a multiplayer game of TENNIS...yet I STILL owned him. I was done after that. Maybe it's because I'm older...I can't tolerate a lot of shit now..especially those childish GOW fanboys. I am getting Halo Thursday...I wouldn't DARE play Halo online. I'll stick to campaign. That's just my preference...I'm not knocking what other people do.
    test
  16. Look im Gangsta

I don't see the big fuss about racism.

Alot of you on here talk as if it happens every single game. In my experience it's very infrequent. Mind you, when I do get rooms like that, they are usually too preoccupied going at the Brits.

In general though, 95% of the Live population are twats, so it's not inconceivable, just saying I must get the 'good' Yanks.
    test
  17. Look im Gangsta

Same, but none of my friends play Live or if they do it's always fucking Pro Evo.

But I agree 100%. GOW and Halo are HORRIBLE to play online. I only ever played GOW with friends or with the knobs from here.

I never play either online now. The rooms are absolutely fucking horrible. They're either cheating or just acting like proper elitest, nerdy cunts. Don't get me started on Clans.
    test
  18. ReverseSWAT

Besides shooters, sports titles, & racing games..
    There is Tekken 5, Calling All Cars, and some Midway throwback arcade games. Plus games with score based online stat tracking to see how ya stack up.
    This holiday season should kick start Sony's multiplayer games though...With Haze, Unreal Tournament III, Smackdown vs Raw 2008, Socom Confrontation, Call of Duty 4, Kane & Lynch Deadman, Grand Turismo 5 Prologue, and a free downloadable MMO. Plus numerous original downloadable games.
    What really hurt PS3's community was HOME being delayed til April 2008. Thats the missing link to bringing a ton of community features together.
    test
  19. LokStok

I like to hear the 'ding' of an achievement unlocking .. but I wouldn't put up with (sorry to say this kids) americans to obtain the pts .. so I avoid ranked games as much as possible .. as that is where all the competitive idiots are at ..

GoW is the biggest example to date .. a great game .. a good laugh with mates .. made a horrid experience when playing randoms in ranked .. I can't believe how many people fail to treat it as a team based game .. neg rep for "kill stealing" (even experience this in player games!) .. abuse for being English .. and a constant jibe of "noob" when you're having an off day ..
    test
  20. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I've heard racial comments...suburban people trying to be "gangsta" callin each other "••••••" and such...it's ridiculous. I know that a lot of this stuff is part of everyday life...but...most people that play Live just want to log on and have fun. To be honest, maybe some will disagree...but...I think the whole audio business needs to be gotten rid of...it should be like Yahoo! Games..except no texting unless someone is on ur buddy list. I'm not sure what they say abt Brits...I never encountered a Brit on Live. It's an ignorant place to play games though..i'll tell you that. I am still trying to figure out WHY an EIGHT YR OLD CHILD is allowed on Xbox live. Parenting has gone to shit in this country...and Live magnifies it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.