WHY do people think that they KNOW their religion is the truth????

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Syn 6, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nawshus

nawshus STAMPEDE!

truth is truth regardless if you believe it or not.. truth is apparent and cannot leave its state of truth-ness, it can only be swayed by us humans but even so the TRUTH will always be the TRUTH... and who's to say there is no evidence, what if us living period is the evidence.. its better to not argue the subject in the sense that you KNOW what it is, but rather that you think...
    test
  2. Worm Plasma

Worm Plasma Registered Abuser

look i'm not trying to argue what the truth is...i'm trying to argue that by having faith you don't achieve shit in obtaining that truth...you gotta use reason, logic and science to obtain it....ok?
    test
  3. nawshus

nawshus STAMPEDE!

^^ but you cant single out the fact that there is a chance science wont find complete truth, being that you cant truly know since you are only you, and we are only we.. we do not live an eternity, so we cannot possibly know. i'm just saying two you look at it from both sides of the field even if you believe in one side, (1 side = science will find complete truth, other side = science wont find complete truth), im asking you to not single it out completely.
    test
  4. Worm Plasma

ofcourse, i keep that in mind...like every scientists does...especially with the uncertainty principle which already confirms that...but i'm sayin that having faith in something doesn't make it true...and it's irrational. especially if you're a christian...the christian god is full of incosistencies and contradictions...which make it hard to 'believe' in...and take it as absolute truth.

bottom line...having faith in the supernatural doesn't explain shit about truth or anything else.
    test
  5. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

i believe humans were born with the inability to understand god...

i was thinking how everyone thinks of god as a postive but what if god is actually a negative...i was thinking about that but then again if i believed that i would be contradicting my belief that i cannot understand a being like god
    test
  6. nawshus

nawshus STAMPEDE!

^^ its not supposed to explain complete truth, thats why its faith lol that would be you stating the obvious and what we already know.

"Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
    Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief."

you said to syn "theres a difference between having faith that does exist, and faith in something that doesnt exist." and you were absolutely correct making that state. but for the subject matter you shouldnt have used that statement. you were still forcing your opinion as truth (that God doesnt exist), when you yourself cant truly know you can only believe.
    test
  7. Worm Plasma

well faith is supposed to explain the truth..by positing a god to the theory. an unknowable entity...which doesn't explain anything...and it's just impairing human understanding of the world.

your quote:
    and you were absolutely correct making that state. but for the subject matter you shouldnt have used that statement. you were still forcing your opinion as truth (that God doesnt exist), when you yourself cant truly know you can only believe

i was stating that believing in something which you don't know anything about is irrational...in other words, i was not trying to prove the non-existence of god....but to make him see that believing in god is irrational..becuase it doesn't rely on facts, logic and reason. that's essentially what all my posts were about...
    test
  8. Z eye on

Z eye on Truuuth

Define Supernatural... All it is: is not existing in nature or subject to explanation according to natural laws; not physical or material. fuckin Love is supernatural... SO IS FAITH... AS IS GOD. Having faith in someone because you love them DOES NOT EXPLAIN WHY YOU LOVE THEM... So your RIGHT in that aspect... BUT... does that make faith wrong? Do we NEED logic and rational to Feel Love or have Faith? NO.

When I was actually practicing religion... and I actually applied Jesus's teachings and found that they WORK... THAT makes me put FAITH in him... THATS what I know about God... If you feel that you have to question, analyze, and disect every teaching in order to REASON it... then thats you... But personally I find that approach a waste of time when I could be practicing it KNOWING that it works.

When The Bible, Buddah, Or any holy text says that if you love someone that they will love you back... How do you proove that scientifically? There is no control group large enough to make up for the uncertainty factor. Even if you used the whole plannet as a Control group, you would still be subject to new babies being born.... so Science isn't capable of establishing truth either. Which is WHY I have faith... because it starts where science stops.... as I've been saying.

One
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Cause their raised and programed to believe it....not just to believe it...but to believe everyone else is a heathen.....

I mean..just look at the last 2000 years....lol.....

and truth be told.....Muslims were really the only religion to conquer lands and allow people to keep their religion.........I mean they ruled Spain for 800 years......and once they were ousted....the catholics went and started conquering, enslaving, and killing anyone who wasn't christian.....
    test
  10. Z eye on

Z eye on Truuuth

how is faith supposed to explain ANYTHING?? I think thats where you are misunderstanding it... Faith don't explain shit about the truth... its just a byproduct OF it.

One
    test
  11. nawshus

nawshus STAMPEDE!

your not seeing me here, if God does exist then "he" (it, she, whatever you call it) would be fact, there for God (supernaturality, higher powers, whatever you call it) would be a logic, meaning "oh that obviously happens because of God", and it would in turn be reason. then believing in him wouldnt be irrational, it would only be what it is faith.
    test
  12. Z eye on

Z eye on Truuuth

We already touched on misinterpretation of the truth.. .the examples you gave are examples ignorant people that put faith in a PERSON rather than the TRUTH.

Thats the difference between religion and God.

One
    test
  13. Worm Plasma

if you would've studied other religions...you would see that jesus took most of his teachings in ethics from those before him. he is not very original in that sense...

your quote:
    "If you feel that you have to question, analyze, and disect every teaching in order to REASON it... then thats you... But personally I find that approach a waste of time when I could be practicing it KNOWING that it works"

if you would study ethics you would come to a much better understanding of morals and values...jesus, as i've stated before, isn't original in those...nor is he anything deep...jesus is the most overrated 'philosopher' ever...

and quit sayin that faith begins where science ends...that simply not true.

they're two different things..eachothers opposites...and faith doesn't complement it in any way..actually it's only hurting science.

if you read books...i would suggest "atheism: a case against god" by george smith
    test
  14. Worm Plasma

yeah...but you're saying IF....so do you believe in god or what? lmao

IF god existed and he did something, and we were sure he did it...of course it would be logical.

but that's the whole point i'm trying to make.

we don't know if god exists...we have no reason to believe so...and having faith in him would be irrational.

your quote:
    would be a logic, meaning "oh that obviously happens because of God", and it would in turn be reason. then believing in him wouldnt be irrational, it would only be what it is faith

lmao...this ridiculous. if we KNEW god existed..then it would be KNOWING...not BELIEVING...so where does that leave faith?
    test
  15. nawshus

nawshus STAMPEDE!

i gotta break this up in quotes so you see where im at because your misunderstanding.
    exactly we dont know if god exist meaning there is a possibility god does or doesnt. "we have no reason" is the incorrect way of going about it, "i see no reason" is the correct way because who's to say the reason doesnt exist, therefore making the term "irrational" incorrect.

i didnt say if we knew god existed... i said if God does exist and we are still under the unknowledgable mindstate, thus making it faith. in other words if Gods existance is a FACT we have yet uncovered, thats where the faith comes, but the possibility of it being fact alone would make the term irrational incorrect.
    test
  16. nawshus

nawshus STAMPEDE!

i got to go to work, we will discuss later i hope.. peace, 1ne
    test
  17. Worm Plasma

i think you are misunderstanding me...i should've explained my 'irrationality' argument a little more

i ment that believing in a supernatural entity which we DON'T know anything about...and CAN'T know anything about would be irrational...so when i said "we have no reason to believe in him" would be correct, cos god is something unknowable...therefor it makes it irrational to believe in something that you dont know and can't ever know...

i don't see how you can disagree with that...

and btw, i'm talking about the christian god...i'm sure there are other religions that describe their gods and whatever...and we can have a discussion about those too...but mainly i'm talking about the christian/islamic/jewish god.
    test
  18. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

I hate that I don't have the scripture location on me, but the disciples had gone around spreading the gospel and they encountered people who basically shared their same core values, yet didn't proclaim Jesus as lord.

They went back to Jesus and told them this and he just replied to them like, "Don't worry, I have flocks that you know not of." I took that as him saying, that he basically approaches different people in different ways... ie different religions. Religions have a different name for their for god/messiah, but the very core values and ideals are usually similar to the other religions.

Thats how I see it at least. I feel like your entry into heaven will be judged based off of your chosen gospel, whether the bible, the torah, the koran or whatever you've chosen.
    ---
    As far as beliveing in things that aren't explainable... we all do.

Look at the big bang theory. Theres no real proof about that yet its widely accepeted. Even with their theory that the universe formed from swirling gasses and particles... where did these particles come from? Beliving that these things just came from a total 100% textbook definition of a void/nothing is just as silly as believing in a supreme being. It all depends on where you want to place your faith. Maybe there is no god and I'm wasting my time... but I know if I pray, things tend to work out for me. I know that in my toughest of times, i've prayed and miracales have happened and everything worked itself out for the best. Maybe that would have happened anyways... I don't know. Maybe i'm just hitting some great odds. Hehe... but science would show that these odds are 1:billion... but maybe i'm just lucky...
    test
  19. Ediel

Ediel Skep

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPP...

hi...

this is the BIGGEST misconception EVER. i'm also christian, BUT most christians believe you "go somewhere when u die"... lol... thats horrible......

honestly, ask yourself this question, and do it slowly...

"If people go to heaven, or hell, (or ANYWHERE for that matter) when they die, WHAT is the purpose in Jesus' second coming?"

"Whats the point in Jesus' second coming if the purpose of him coming is already being fulfilled through people dying?? "

oh and , uh, the Bible you read, clearly states that when you die, you just go into a deep sleep.... awaiting Jesus' second coming, to ressurect. and ALL eyes will see his return....

so ur great grandpa aint nowhere, aiight?! he still in that spot they buried him at.
    test
  20. Z eye on

Z eye on Truuuth

Read your bible son... it says when you die you go to paridise first (Abrahams Busom) Thats in the Lazerous Parable... Revelations sais that on Jesus's second comming the DEAD in christ (the ones in paridise) will rise to heaven. If you want me to pull out the verses I will.

One
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.