WHY do people think that they KNOW their religion is the truth????

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Syn 6, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

i'm a christian .. my whole fam is christian ..

but i was arguing with my mom cuz i'm open minded and accepting to all the other religions .. she thinks that all muslims agree with killing those that arent part of their faith and all that .. it's really just the extremists ..

i believe in God and that Jesus Christ is the son of God and all that .. i believe when i die i will go to heaven ..

but there's a difference between BELIEVING and THINKING i'm going to heaven when i die and KNOWING ..

there's no possible way to KNOW for sure ..

that's why i'm open minded to other religions cuz they're all jus like i am .. they don't KNOW .. although a lot of ppl are brainwashed and think they do ..

how the hell can you know where you're going when you die??

all the answers aren't given in the bible for a reason ..

FAITH ..

if we KNEW there would be no need for faith .. we would have all the answers .. we wouldn't go to church to try to strengthen our faith in Christ or anything cuz we'd already know ..

if God wanted to give us all the answers he would have .. but he didn't ..

bottom line is you CANNOT be 100% sure where you're going after you die .. you can be ALMOST 100% but there's still a chance what you believe is wrong, and that maybe there's nothing out there .. you only know for sure when you get there ..
    test
  2. Worm Plasma

Worm Plasma Registered Abuser

you should've asked ya moms if she would've been a christian if she was bron in the middle east...

she probably wouldn't...so what does she base her truth of the bible on?

moreover,

what is your and her faith based on?

irrationality

having faith in a (christian) god is irrational...

reason is the only way to go...faith is bullshit.
    test
  3. Z eye on

Z eye on Truuuth

I think ALL religions have the CAPABILITY of being the truth. The Bible says that God forsakes noone. So how is going to just save the christian and completley neglect the arab muslim or the Chineese Budhist? When Religion is practiced PROPERLY I believe its no longer a religion. Even the bible says that there is a diffrence between religion and God. Religion is just a path to God but the problem lies with people misinterpreting the instructions on that path. And Misinterpritation is common with ALL religions... from Chritianity to Islam to Buddhisim. The bottom line is that Truth Does NOT contradict itself. I just wish that when contradictions arise between religions, People would put pride aside and look for the TRUTH rather than just beating a dead horse and let pride guide thier standpoints.
    test
  4. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

*reps you*
    test
  5. Worm Plasma

and what is this truth?

truth is something you know positively to be true....

those who follow a religion..or believe in god have only that....BELIEF...or faith...you believe without evidence...so that doesn't constitute as truth
    test
  6. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

no, moron

truth is fuckin truth

truth is reality

doesnt matter if u positively believe it or not

if i was schizophrenic, i could possibly believe that my cock was the size of my leg, that doesnt make it truth

truth has no perspective, it just is

truth isnt relative, it is the same to all

we all have different perspective of what the truth is, but only the truth knows what really is the truth
    test
  7. Worm Plasma

so how can you establish truth?

through faith?

reason, rationality and logic are the only tools which we can work with
    test
  8. Z eye on

Z eye on Truuuth

You can't establish it. Its already BEEN established, and knowing the Full, entire, absolute Truth in its entirety is imposible because it runs deeper than our level of comprehension. Faith Starts where reason, rationale, and logic STOP. At least thats how it is for me.... I feel where you commin from though cause there are alot of brainwashed idiots in this planet that put what someone told them OVER reason, rationale, and logic (for example Bush being elected President due to "Moral Values") Thats not what Holy books teach. Faith is supposed to START where our comprehension STOPS.
    test
  9. Z eye on

Z eye on Truuuth

Its like this... Say you playin basket ball as a kid... and your coach tells you to snap your wrist when you shoot. Your a fuckin kid and got no idea why.... But you do it anyway and you see your shot percentage improve. Later On in life you FIND OUT through reason, rational, and logic, that snapping your wrists puts a spin on the ball and you find out all the mechanics behind it.

The next time your coach tells you something to improve your game are you gonna listen?

One
    test
  10. Worm Plasma

when or where has the truth been established? the bible? please...

and how can you say that complete truth is incomprehensible? you are saying that something we can not know is unknowable....that's circular reasoning. plus, you are saying that we can not know the unknowable and thereby claiming that you know something about the unknowable...that's a contradiction.

and reason doesn't end where faith begins...reason is the ONLY tool that we can use.

faith doesn't establish anything.

it's like taking the easy way out.

you believe something cos you can't explain it at the present time...what's wrong with the anwser "i don't know, for now..."

why does that ignorance have to be fixed with a god?

you're trying to explain the unknowable with some other unknowable entity...which doesn't make any sense. therefore...faith in god is irrational.
    test
  11. Worm Plasma

that analogy is fallacious...

first off, the wrist snapping is something that can be known in the near future by the kid...and it's something that can be explained by science and evidence. god, can not.

second, you were saying that we can never know the truth...but in your analogy the kid accomplishes the truth by using reason and science. and he finds out it's something logical and natural.

god, on the other hand, is supernatural and illogical. which doesn't tell us anything about him or his nature. which makes it irrational to believe in him.
    test
  12. Worm Plasma

that's why my first post was questioning the rationality of faith...and not it's usefulness as a tool to achieve the truth.

why do people choose to have faith in the first place?
    test
  13. Worm Plasma

well, yeah...it all boils down to that one question

"what's the meaning of life?"

but that belongs in another thread....
    test
  14. Z eye on

Z eye on Truuuth

Dogg... the Truth has already been established because it just IS... it was established BEFORE the bible, the koran, the sidhartha, before ANY of that shit was ever written. It just IS. I'm talking BEYOND the bible or whatever...The fact that stars are extremely fucking hot was true BEFORE Earth was even HERE. All faith is, is TRUSTING that there is an absolute truth. THATS what I know.. that there is an Absolute truth.... If I didn't have faith... i would think that truth is relative... So if Nimrod said His cock was as big as his leg I would think that If he thinks its true.. .then it must be true.

maybe faith in God is irrational... I'm not going to argue that... But Love is irrational too... And it exists. The scientific comunity still does not have an instrument capable of measuring how much someone loves another person. So your argument is just like your saying that Lovin my moms doesn't make any sense.

Love itself is beyond comprehension. So why is it so hard to believe that there is a God? Iono man if you think you got all that shit worked out you should write a book.

One
    test
  15. Z eye on

Z eye on Truuuth

I think science is form of religion as well... because its a set of rules and believes just as Chrisitanity is. Like it or not... your putting your faith in the thought that there is no God... just how I'm putting faith in the thought that there is one
    test
  16. Worm Plasma

1. IF there is an absolute truth, then...yes, it exists...(but then again we have to deal with the "uncertainty principle") but it's our job to establish that truth to get to know it. and the way to accomplish that is ONLY through reason. you can't establish it by just believing in it.

2. you can not compare love to faith. you love somebody or soemthing that you know for a fact exists. you know nothing of god, his nature or existence...so love and faith are not comparable.

3. i do not have it figured out, but i always wanted to write a book.

but the fact that i have not figured it out doesn't mean that i should make up my own 'facts' and call em god.
    test
  17. Worm Plasma

faith Audio pronunciation of "faith" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fth)
    n.

1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
    2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.

science follows logic and evidence...of course sometimes science is wrong...but it's also evolving and advancing..which gives us a bigger chance to achieve the truth.

faith doesn't rest on logic and reality..and it never advances. plus, faith tells us that we can NEVER know the truth...kinda depressing if you ask me.
    test
  18. Z eye on

Z eye on Truuuth

1. Isn't establishing something as truth the same thing as believing it? I mean say you want to know how a star is formed... You break it down to a subatomic level and use lables assigned to each atom in order to comprehend it. What have you really done? All you have done is established a sequence of lables in order to BELIEVE that you know how a star works. We have yet been able to create an actual star... however science books proclaim they understand it. The Difference between me and you is that You put faith in SCIENCE that one day... with the given forumulas.... when we can do it safely we CAN create a star. We just put our faith in diffrent things... My religion is christianity.... your's is science.

2. You can put faith in things OTHER than god. Say if you love your mom's and you asked here to come bail you out of jail... because you LOVE her you have FAITH that she'll show up to bail your ass out. Well... Its the same principle... Granted your Mom is a physical Being... however, your capable of putting faith in her because you love her. You saying that I know nothing of God is ignorant. How do you know what I do and do not know? I wouldn't be able to love God if I didn't know anything about him. Just because YOU don't know shit about God doesn't mean that you have to displace your lack of understanding on top of my argument. What I know of God doesn't follow your set of reason and laws. I can't explain God through reason and rational... But Just because i can't does not mean that It doesn't exist.

3. this argument is pointless because I can't prove to you that he does exist... And you can't prove to me that he Doesn't exist. But I'm not assigning facts and calling them God. I'm simply saying that there is a Truth out there that is higher than what we are capable of understanding.

One
    test
  19. Z eye on

Z eye on Truuuth

There are MANY diffrent definitions of the word faith. You can't go by one dictionarie's assumed definition. There are as many diffrent variotions of the word faith as thier are dictionaries. and the ones I'm looking at right now don't even have the words logic or evidence in them.

One
    test
  20. Worm Plasma

1. establishing the truth and believing are not same? wtf? they're the complete opposite. and we can not create a star because we don't have the technology for it...hey 50 years ago we couldn't clone animals...but was dna something that we merely believed in? no...it was something factual...and now with the present technology we can clone animals using dna.

2. again, putting faith into something that you know exist is different that putting faith into soemthing you don't know exist.

and tell me what it is that you know about god? and if you do that...don't mention any negative attributes like: infinite, incomprehensible and all that shit....cos that won't help your case. neither will positive attributes..but hey...i'm open for discussion.

3. the burden of proof isn't on me...i'm simply trying to refute your arguments. it's on those who believe in god to prove that he actually exists. it's impossible to prove something which doesn't exist...so it'son you to prove that it actually exists.

and by saying that there is a higher truth that we can not understand...what are you saying? you're saying nothing. it's a contradiction as i've explained before. you're saying we can not know that which is unknowable. it's curcular reasoning...and contradictive.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.