Why do people feel threatened or scared of strong willed women?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Or dominant women for that matter.

If a guy's strong willed and dominant he's considered "the man" yet if a woman possesses the same characteristics she'll be called a multitude of names.
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. Koss

Koss ∞♥

It's creepy.
    test
  3. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

i ve never seen a truly strong willed woman in my life

most of the times its just a masquerade for deeper troubles
    test
  4. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

Good question.

Perhaps because men are so used to being the predominantly strong willed sex, it makes them feel less of a man when presented with an equally strong willed female?

I dunno. Good subject to ponder though. They certainly seem to prefer having submissive females.
    test
  5. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

It makes people uncomfortable when vaginas start thinking for themselves and aren't easily controlled. Women who realize their true worth and power can be intimidating for those who are used to them taking a more passive stance.

Side note: one of my female colleagues is always complaining about how people are intimidated by her "strong personality". I disagree on the underlying issue. I think people are actually put off and offended by the combative & harsh manner in which she conducts herself... particularly in a professional setting.

Some women mistakenly confuse hostile/abrasive behavior with strength. It takes more strength to keep your composure than it does to fly off the handle and lose your cool.
    test
  6. MissAndrya

I agree.

A confident woman who believes in herself and still manages to act like a lady is much easier to deal with than someone who is full of themselves and, as you called it, combative and harsh.
    test
  7. EyeurnMic

EyeurnMic New Member

I just pull that Pat Stay. Slap her like a boss and then say "Excuse me, is my sandwich lost?"

Nah seriously, tight-eyes & MissAndrya hit the nail on the head. No man wants an unreasonably combative female. But woman do want an alpha-male more often than not. They love to feel protected and coddled and secure. It's just the way it is.
    test
  8. MissAndrya

Also true. I like confident, strong, large males. It DOES make me feel safe and protected. I'm not into small, insecure men for sure, they don't offer much.
    test
  9. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I like strong willed women for the most part but it depends on how far that goes.
    test
  10. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

It's not intimidation. Like Unbroken said, it comes off as a mask for underlying frailties.

And maybe men just aren't biologically wired to fancy aggressive women. Just like women don't go ga ga over passive, docile men in any culture. Action heroes sell movie tickets - not shrinking violets.

Which brings up a double standard...

Why is a man a sexist for liking passiveness in a woman, but we don't bat an eyelash at women unfailingly demanding take charge, dominant qualities in men?

It's wrong for one sex to have certain hardwired predilections but not the other?
    test
  11. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    test
  12. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Gotcha.

You have a point there, ego and attitude problems mixed with other issues are often mistaken as "strong willed".

Yup.

Have you ever thought why a series of extremely intelligent and capable men usually end up marrying bimbos?

Because it's practical. Because it's comfortable. Because he's fine with coming home after a hard day's work, discarding his bag and tie, and stretching out in the chair/couch to see how she uses her lips for completely other things unlike formation of questions: "Do you think the pension fund will operate, when we'll be old?" or "Isn't there something that can be done about the ozone layer?" or even "Do you agree with Nietzsche's views of the world and society?"

Intelligent, capable, and most fiercely ambitious women are, unfortunately or fortunately, in long-term condemned to solitude. The blame often gets placed on male complexes and fear that she's going to be better and more effective. Even that she'll make more money.

Which is to a degree untrue.

Men who are successful, want congeniality and peace at home. Even if they risk having to teach their kids mathematics and that their ladies will sometimes in the company comment: "I'm skeptical that we'll finalize within a certain period, if we'll engage in it at all..."

Well said.

Agreed. Arrogance only makes them come across silly as hell.

Should go both ways, tbh.

Bauss ftw!

I always say that the biggest chauvinists are in reality women.

But, imo ~ women whould be lookign for their equal, not someone who will overly dominate their life. Dominance with men is great in terms of career, business and sports, not so much when private, and intimate matters are concerned.

I'm afraid to ask. :scared:
    test
  13. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

i would like to elaborate a bit on my statemynt

womens biggest trouble has and will probably always be that they tend to think too much..and worry..and put themselves under way too much stress..

so a lot of times these women will be very organized..almost to a neurotic degree..and they will seem very much in control or controlling (control freaks),which could be confused with ''strong willed'' or ''determined''..

this holds true for many people ..men and women alike so im not singling out just wymmyn--but women, on average, moreso.
    test
  14. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Since 'strong' typically is used to describe loud, obnoxious women who describe themseleves as 'opinionated', ive no trouble seeing why most men hate you.
    test
  15. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Interesting point of view.

Overly organized almost seems as an overcompensation for not being completely in control over their emotions.

You know you really shouldn't assume things, however if by most men you mean namely yourself, then yes.
    test
  16. Look im Gangsta

But its ok for you to make assumptions and generalise, right?
    test
  17. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

I'm generalizing due to the fact it's regarding a general matter of interest, it's not pin pointed to a specific person.
    test
  18. Look im Gangsta

I just realised i said 'you'.

I
    Meant women.

And what i said stands true.
    test
  19. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

Strong Woman = Dyke waiting to exhale.

Real Woman = Obident Sex Goddess that can cook