why do people dickride marino like he really accomplished a lot.

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by PiffInDaHamper, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiffInDaHamper

PiffInDaHamper New Member

its arguable that jim kelly is better than him because he has more playoff wins

and anyone who says marino is better than favre is just a dickriding fan boy cause obviously its virtually impossible

when marino broke the records you lames were eating a dick

favre breaks it and you try and sweep it under the rug and when it does come into account you lames try and say "oh well than is karl malone the best basketball player ever?"

marino has a losing record in the playoffs and has only one SB apperance and that was in his 3rd year of playing....more than a decade later he cant even make it back to the AFC championship

he is a regular season player...he fills up the stats when he can, but when it comes down to rallying your team and driving down when you really need to he cant do that

the NFLS top ten clutches QBs is on today at 4 on the NFL network...

elway and montana are going to be top 2

marino wont even be on there
    test
  2. Living HeLL

Living HeLL real nigga shit

you probably can say kelly is better doesn't he have 4 afc champs?...or 3 atleast...I don't think marino is top ten...don't farve and manning have basically all his records by now...brady too...pshhh marino is top 20...top 15 at best and that's an arguement
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

marino had over 30 records and favre took like 5 of them playing many more seasons than dan. manning and brady took the same one. marino is the best qb ever. having the best team in a season means you win a super bowl not the best quarterback. the best example of that is ben roth winning 2 super bowls.
    test
  4. Cane

Cane New Member

Some people will never truly understand the game of football. It's such a team oriented sport we should never attribute playoff wins to one single player. Ie; Favre winning a SB only happened when he didn't have to carry them. When he had the best offense in football around him and the best defense in football to get them the ball back, then he won. Every other year he almost single handidly pisses away their playoff chances.

The only way to ever judge anyone in the playoffs is the judge every play and every drive made by them. But that's too hard. So rather than admit we can't really judge(that'd be boring) we use illogical and irrational methods to draw conclusions about certain players, which will obviously damn near always lead to poor results and conclusions without a hint of perspective.

This very reasoning is the reason someone like Brady is considered anywhere near Manning, when in reality, Manning is quite a bit better than Brady. Brady falls into the Aikman category of guys who were/are pretty good but no where near the best, but benefited from favorable circumstance. What keeps the snowball of poor judgment rolling is that most talking heads in the NFL(the announcers, Madden, all the dim-witted ex players doing analysis) push that mindset to easily influenced fans. It's best summed up in the phrase "just winning" or "he just wins". It's basically saying "this guys team is good but we're too fuckin dense to be able to judge him individually, because we don't know how". You barely see that type of stupid shit in any other sport and for good reason.
    test
  5. Dead Broke

Dead Broke Money is the motivation

lmao @ living hell.... nigga name 15 QB's better than Marino....

and be serious
    test
  6. PiffInDaHamper

favres numbers all around shit on everyone

consecutive games played, most yards, most TDs, most WINS

marino didnt even have the most wins record...elway did
    test
  7. PiffInDaHamper

marino is top 10 for sure

and i know football is the ultimate team sport, but the QB gets the blame and the coach

just like pitchers...we count that because they are the most important player on the team

marino wasnt a field general...ill say tom brady is creeping up on marino
    test
  8. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

the same jim kelly that has more INTs than Tds in the postseason???
    test
  9. PiffInDaHamper

the very same
    test
  10. toker

manning has a losing record in the POS an has only made 1 sb tooo..

Before elway went on that last run, riding TD, he had a losing record too..

farve is 12-10..

now does marino look as bad??
    test
  11. PiffInDaHamper

elway wins in the playoffs lame
    test
  12. toker

u could say the same thing bout ur boy elway
    test
  13. PiffInDaHamper

elway carried his team on his back 3 times faggot

go hide you delusional fuck
    test
  14. Cane

Cane New Member

There's a great discussion to be had on Elway and many other quarterbacks in the postseason.

I just doubt you're mature enough to have that conversation with. Too petty and hung up on grudges and bias.

I think Elway carried horrible teams as far as one individual could. I think though by the end of it all, Manning will be the greatest of all time and recognized as such whether we like it or not. He's just a freak. He's makes faster decisions than anyone, ever. He's got a cannon. He's got accuracy up there with Brees and anyone else. He makes perfect decisions. If only the poor fucker had a defense most of his career.

The problem with most of these discussions is some people have vision that's too clouded with bias to pass judgment.
    test
  15. toker

2 of those yrs the broncos fielded a top 10 defense..

one which finished 1st in pts allowed..
    test
  16. toker

have u been away that long kid???

let me remind u.. ur one of the biggest homers this site has ever seen

the fuck u talkin bout clouded judgement for
    test
  17. Cane

Cane New Member

See what I mean? Whatever rep you decided to stick with, solely out of dislike, you're still stuck on.

Like I said, if you would like to have an intelligent discussion about it, I'm right here. I don't hold grudges. I'd converse with Rippy or Ixtlan or anyone else who would like to. People grow up. You should too. You're not totally clueless on football, you'd be a decent guy to speak with about it but you're just too immature.

Besides, if I was so biased, why would I say the guy who shredded my teams D like 3 times, is going to be better than my favorite QB? And why would you ask how long I've been gone, when in another topic you talk about how I love it here and never leave.

Dude...c'mon. Just relax and grow up.
    test
  18. toker

and u wanna tell me to grow up or that u aint holdin grudges??

like i said u loved rmc cus u can get away with never proving anything.. u like the rest these kats, never have any facts/proof..
    test
  19. Cane

Cane New Member

That's exactly what I'm saying. If you acted your ago I wouldn't have the slightest problem intelligently discussing sports with you.

You told me in another thread that I've been away too long. Now you're telling me I love it here. Toker, you're the one who hasn't left in 9 years, how can you tell anyone this with a straight face?
    test
  20. Dex Lewis

Dex Lewis Guest

Cane sonned again.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.