why do Muslims honor the poor treatment of their women?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Alias3000, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x - calli

x - calli Guest

a couple points..

1. muhammad was not a pedophile.. his youngest wife was not prepubescent. although she would be too young by todays standards, they dont fully apply to his time and place. often in history, 13-14 year olds would have children and be mature enough to deal with that.

2. there is nothing wrong with sex, the female body or nudity. how can the beautiful female form be considered corrupting or bad? how can sex, the drive to create life, be considered disgraceful?
    if a woman wears revealing clothing, that doesnt make her a slut. it doesnt mean that shes provoking lust, shes simply revealing her form. its up to men to contain their carnal urges, not for women to contain mens lust. now it is true that tastefulness in behavior, dress and sexual habits is a good thing, but this is still subjective. she can reveal breasts or other parts of her form while still remaining tasteful.

in general, id say islam is a good religion. it was original in its time, and it did very well during the caliphates. they respected christians and jews as peoples of the book, and allowed jews to live while europe was killing them. they put emphasis on getting knowledge and living well, and the basic principles are good overall.
    i believe that islam has been distorted from its original idealogy into belligerence and social oppression. i dont think the quran even says that women should cover themselves completely, only to have some modesty around strangers and not freely expose their breasts. and while there is the idea of fighting to defend islam, that has little to do with suicide bombings in civilian crowds. not only that, but islam was innovative in its time for giving more social power and status to women - how can muslims justify controlling them violently and keeping them ignorant?

the extremists have taken a solid religion and distorted it into a warped, belligerent, oppressive version of itself. its unfortunate that this has happened, hopefully rightful muslims will get things back on track.
    test
  2. Joro

Joro New Member

Whoa....what are you a fashion critic now? You're one of the only muslims I know of with a subscription to "Women's Glamor Mag", or whatever it's called.

Do you even realize that you attempted to simultaneously threaten me over the net and (at the same time) say it's childish to threaten over the net?

It's very obvious how double-minded and hypocritical you are, just like your religion.

"We set slaves free - but those men in my yard work for nothing under animal conditions because we love Allah and are blessed"

"We value women more than any other culture - but women must not be too educated; and women must not hold any overly-powerful position in society, especially not in the mosque; and women must cover most of their bodies in black cloth, never mind the dessert heat; and it's ok for a man to beat his wife every now and then"

"Jews and Christians are the People of The Book who were chosen by Allah and blessed with Scripture - but Jews and Christians are displeasing to Allah with their unbelief and blasphemy and destined for Allah's wrath"

For those Koranic verses about Jews you wanted me to give you READ MY NEXT POST
    test
  3. Joro

Joro New Member

Here you go Nu'maaN. I'll educate you. I know more about your shit than you do, and you're the one dedicating your life to it. Sad. Here is a list of only 20 things the Koran says about Jews. I ESPECIALLY LIKE NUMBER 18, AS IT TALKS ABOUT WARRING WITH JEWS AND SAYS JEWS ARE GREEDY.

Sheikh 'Atiyyah Saqr, former head of the Al-Azhar Fatwa Committee

20 "bad traits" of the Jews, as they appear in the Qur'an:

1. "They used to fabricate things and falsely ascribe them to Allah. Allah Almighty says: 'That is because they say: We have no duty to the Gentiles. They knowingly speak a lie concerning Allah.' (Al-'Imran: 75) Also: 'The Jews say: Allah's hand is fettered. [But it is] their hands that are fettered and they are accursed for saying [Allah's hands are fettered]. Nay, but both His hands are spread out wide in bounty. He bestoweth as He will' (Al-Ma'idah: 64) In another verse, Almighty Allah says: 'Verily, Allah heard the words of those who said, (when asked for contributions to the war): 'Allah, forsooth, is poor, and we are rich! We shall record their words with their wrongful slaying of the Prophets and we shall say: Taste ye the punishment of burning!' (Al-'Imran: 181)
    2. "They love to listen to lies. Concerning this Allah says: 'And of the Jews: listeners for the sake of falsehood, listeners on behalf of other folk.' (Al-Ma'idah: 41)
    3. "Disobeying Almighty Allah and never observing His commands. Allah says: 'And because they broke their covenant, We have cursed them and hardened their hearts.' (Al-Ma'idah: 13)
    4. "Disputing and quarreling. This is clear in the verse that reads: 'Their Prophet said unto them: Lo! Allah hath raised up Saul to be a king for you. They said: How can he have kingdom over us when we are more deserving of the kingdom than he is, since he hath not been given wealth enough?' (Al-Baqarah: 247)
    5. "Hiding the truth and supporting deception. This can be understood from the verse that reads: '… [They] distort the Scripture with their tongues, that ye may think that what they say is from the Scripture, when it is not from the Scripture.' (Al-'Imran: 78)
    6. "Rebelling against the Prophets and rejecting their guidance. This is clear in the verse: 'And when ye said: O Moses! We will not believe in thee till we see Allah plainly.' (Al-Baqarah: 55)
    7. "Hypocrisy. In a verse, we read: 'And when they fall in with those who believe, they say: We believe; but when they go apart to their devils they declare: Lo! we are with you; verily we did but mock.' (Al-Baqarah: 14) In another verse, we read: 'Enjoin ye righteousness upon mankind while ye yourselves forget (to practice it)? And ye are readers of the Scripture! Have ye then no sense?' (Al-Baqarah: 44)
    8. "Giving preference to their own interests over the rulings of religion and the dictates of truth. Allah says [to the Jews]: '… When there cometh unto you a messenger (from Allah) with that which ye yourselves desire not, ye grow arrogant, and some ye disbelieve and some ye slay?' (Al-Baqarah: 87)
    9. "Wishing evil for people and trying to mislead them. This is clear in the verse that reads: 'Many of the People of the Book long to make you disbelievers after your belief, through envy on their own account, after the truth hath become manifest unto them.' (Al-Baqarah: 109)
    10. "They feel pain to see others in happiness and are gleeful when others are afflicted with a calamity. This is clear in the verse that reads: 'If a lucky chance befall you, it is evil unto them, and if disaster strike you they rejoice thereat.' (Al-'Imran: 120)
    11. "They are known for their arrogance and haughtiness. They claim to be the sons and of Allah and His beloved ones. Allah tells us about this in the verse that reads: 'The Jews and Christians say: We are sons of Allah and His loved ones.' (Al-Ma'idah: 18)
    12. "Utilitarianism and opportunism are among their innate traits. This is clear in the verse that reads: 'And of their taking usury when they were forbidden it, and of their devouring people's wealth by false pretences.' (An-Nisa': 161)
    13. "Their rudeness and vulgarity is beyond description. Referring to this, the Qur'anic verse reads: 'Some of those who are Jews change words from their context and say: We hear and disobey; hear thou as one who heareth not, and Listen to us!, distorting with their tongues and slandering religion. If they had said: We hear and we obey; hear thou, and look at us, it had been better for them, and more upright. But Allah hath cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not, save for a few.' (An-Nisa':46)
    14. "It is easy for them to slay people and kill innocents. Nothing in the world is dearer to their hearts than shedding blood and murdering human beings. They never give up this trait even with the Messengers and the Prophets. Allah says: '… And [they] slew the prophets wrongfully.' (Al-Baqarah: 61)
    15. "They are merciless and heartless. In this meaning, the Qur'anic verse explains: 'Then, even after that, your hearts were hardened and became as rocks, or worse than rocks, for hardness.' (Al-Baqarah: 74)
    16. "They never keep their promises or fulfill their words. Almighty Allah says: Is it ever so that when ye make a covenant, a party of you violates it?' The truth is, most of them believe not.' (Al-Baqarah: 100)
    17. "They rush hurriedly to sin and compete in transgression. Allah says: 'They restrained not one another from the wickedness they did. Verily, evil was what they used to do!' (Al-Ma'idah: 79)
    18. "Cowardice and love for this worldly life are undisputable traits [of the Jews]. It is to this that the Qur'an refers when saying: 'Ye [Muslims] are more awful as fear in their [the Jews'] bosoms than Allah. That is because they are people who understand not. They will not fight against you in a group save in fortified villages or from behind walls. Their adversity among themselves is very great. Ye think of them as a whole whereas their hearts are diverse.' (Al-Hashr: 13-14) Allah Almighty also says: 'And thou wilt find them greediest of mankind for life and (greedier) than the idolaters.' (Al-Baqarah: 96)
    19. "Miserliness runs deep in their hearts. Describing this, the Qur'an states: 'Or have they even a share in the Sovereignty? Then in that case, they would not give mankind even the speck on a date stone.' (An-Nisa': 53)
    20. "Distorting Divine Revelation and Allah's Sacred Books. Allah says in this regard: 'Therefore woe be unto those who write the Scripture with their hands and say, 'This is from Allah,' that they may purchase a small gain therewith. Woe unto them for what their hands have written, and woe unto them for what they earn thereby.' (Al-Baqara: 79)
    test
  4. Love1985

Love1985 New Member

Let's not fight guys
    test
  5. Love1985

Love1985 New Member

Funny you should mention this; I asked a friend of mine to lend me his Qu'ran, and he said I may like the religion since they esteem their women highly. He is a great guy and he does treat his women well, but I do not believe his statement is all true.

See, I am a born again believer, and I believe in the power of the blood of Jesus Christ, and with prayer everything is possible. What I seek to do is to embrace his religion, and learn about it, so that I do not contradict myself when I minister to him.

The Muslims are good people, they mean well, there is some truth to their religion, but they are missing one important detail. Jesus came, and died for our sins. "Who the son sets free is free indeed". Some Jews are still waiting for the Messiah; but the Messiah has already come, He died and rose again.

Christian do not shun the unbelievers, our religion is of love, our God is a forgiving God. It is not our place to condemn, but to minister in love. That is the only way we can defeat the devil.

Matthew 5:43-48 (New International Version) 43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Be blessed, and keep the faith till our Savior returns.
    test
  6. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Dear god go away...
    test
  7. Joro

Joro New Member

God loves you Pain.

Only the sacrifice of His Son can wash away your sin.

The snuff films? The dead kittens? Gone.
    test
  8. Thrilla-Ali

Thrilla-Ali Dapper Don

Those were the Jews of Yathrib, the Quran is pointing to specific jews and there behaviour at the time, have you not pondered that? All the points are either pertaining to an event or some sort of of likelihood to a bigger picture/story.. The quran does not state that jews or any other non-muslims are inheritabley evil, which is what you're implicitly stating..
    test
  9. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

Don't know if anyone's spoken about this issue but here is the real deal on that.

First off, Aisha was 9 when she MARRIED the Prophet. That was completely legal and accepted in various cultures during those times and is still commonly practiced at this present time. As soon as a child reaches adolescence, which can be as early as the age of 9, they are considered adults and are allowed by law to get married. (Also notice, I didn't just single out the female 9yr olds, it is also the same for 9yr old males.) So for you to say that he was a child molester makes you look just as foolish and ignorant as these other dumbass anti-islamic idiots. The Prophet Muhammad did not force Aisha to marry him either. Aisha's parents also gave their daughter their blessings for her to marry him.

The fact that there are kids as young as 9yrs old getting married is NOT an islamic thing. It's a cultural thing. Look it up.

Imperial1
    test
  10. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

damn Nu. Straight killed these niggas!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.