why do i feel "closer" to god/being faithful to islam, when i'm not sober? ...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Nu'maaN, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... especially when i'm high off the green, i feel "closer" to my self.

i feel i should be doing so many better things, all these ideas come up.

and it's not like i don't feel close to god when i'm completely sober, it's only that i feel closer when i'm high.

anyone else on the same plane? ...

[turn] ...
    test
  2. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i think weed changes the way you think. sort of slows everything down and immerses you into your own thoughts. i've had times where i was stressed out and just wanted a joint to calm down and kick back... and then once i'm high it's like i can't escape my own thoughts, they surround me and make me surrender to their will.

i have had what you described happen, where you feel like you're not doing what you're supposed to do and you have a sort of moral revelation against your own will... where you lose the capacity to rationalize your way around an issue and are forced to confront it.. and a few times i've actually acted on these new convictions once i sober up.. but all too often they just fade back into the subconscious, waiting to resurface
    test
  3. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

pretty much exactly what i go through.

they only seem to resurface when i'm rolling another sticky one ...

[turn] ...
    test
  4. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

Well in a case like shrooms i can understand cus ur basicly dead when ur high on shrooms. It dehydrates ur body to a point ur body reacts to it in that way. Bud may just calm u down so u can think a bit deeper
    test
  5. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Never heard that shrooms dehydrate you, and i think your a bit misinformed there. You're not "basically dead" either. You react because the psilocybin is changed into psilocin by your liver. Psilocin in turn is so similar to serotonin that it can slip into your brains serotonin receptors (5-HT2) and since its not actually serotonin you get the obvious effect of being high.

Edit: On topic, maybe its cause the originators of religion were really just drug using members of society or shamans. You feel closer cause when your mind is in an altered state you are closer mentally to where they were.
    test
  6. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

I remeber from my halucinegenic days shrooms dehydrates your body as well to a very high extent. But side question...ever done em an had that "i know" moment w whoever u did em with?
    test
  7. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

lol, the prophet muhammad didn't touch an intoxicant his entire life.

c'mon man ...

[turn] ...
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

test
  9. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

it didn't make any more sense the second time you quoted yourself.

stop that ...

[turn] ...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.