Why do all the major religions shun gays?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Carpe Noctem, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

This thread reminds me of that movie "kidz"
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

yeah, never been the type to hate on someone just because the majority were though.

it was rooted mostly from faggot poison that i'd been fed via religion, mostly.

then i thought, why am i hating on them for being "sinners" when i, myself and many others around me are committing alot worse sins.

i used to justify gay bashing (physically and verbally) with "it's not right, it's against the religion, it's against what god wants. so i'll abuse them". with that logic, i should be out there abusing murderers/rapists/pedos with the same amount of ammunition.

then i just saw the gay happy funny side of men trying to act like girls and taking it up their shithole ...

[turn] ...
    test
  3. MrFrosty

MrFrosty hack the streets

They don't?

EDIT: I just noticed that I might have sounded like a condescending jerk. I'll elaborate.

I'm guessing by "major religions" you're referring to the Western ones-- Judaism, Christianity, Islam. It's not a coincidence that they all (in their mainstream traditions, at least) are anti-homosexuality, given that each one grew out of the one that came before it. As such, it shouldn't be surprising that they share many of the same tenants and doctrines.

That said, those three hardly come near to encompassing all of the major world religions.

To answer your other question, "homophobia," to use your own word, would have to existed prior to organized religious doctrine. It had to be there first in order for it to be written into the scriptures. Unless you're of those that believes God said out of the blue "Hello XYZ, I've decided that homosexuality is immoral and wrong. Write that down please."
    test
  4. Kanye Dex

Kanye Dex Tonee Castro

Dharmic religions and the east ain't cool with the gays.
    test
  5. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

islam is a western religion, now? ...

[turn] ...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.