Why do all the major religions shun gays?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Carpe Noctem, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

And does homophobia predate religion?
    test
  2. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

In christianity if he didnt create it, it isnt natural its wrong. Its a man made sexxual devience. But we dont shun gays they are able to be saved like anyone else. And homosexuality is seen as a bondage that can be loosed.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Everything human beings do is 'natural'.

You must consider glasses evil then.
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

@Spilln Homosexuality is detestable to God. He finds it disgusting.....according to the scriptures
    test
  5. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

Yes. But they can be delivered from it. Like addiction.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

God hates faggots.

Butt sex is ok though, as long as it's a woman's butt.
    test
  7. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

^^this is true
    test
  8. D_Said.

D_Said. Member

"god created adam and eve not adam and steve"

lol.. plus.. it says flat out in the bible that a man and a woman are supposed to be joined in marriage.. not a man and a man / woman and woman. god created us to wanna fuck the opposite sex so we can reproduce.. if everyone was fuckin their own sex the human race would obviously go extinct.. then what would god do everyday?
    test
  9. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

So God is cool with incest?

Bisexuals can reproduce.

Homosexuality helps keep the world to a manageable population. That means less potential freethinkers and everything else that gives God and people like you a nurple.
    test
  10. Froggie Fresh

Froggie Fresh THe Elite of Times!

because homosexuality is fuckin disgusting...I bet god threw up all over his crown when the first homosexual act was comitted
    test
  11. D_Said.

D_Said. Member

if you really wanna get that technical .. everything is incest cus we all come from the same source. but god engineered us so that whenever immediate family has children they have problems.. thats his way of telling us its wrong.

and i could be wrong.. but i dont think the population of homosexuals in the world is significant enough that it has any major impact on the overall population of the world
    test
  12. Froggie Fresh

Froggie Fresh THe Elite of Times!

I was just about to say the same thing....we're all technically brothers and sisters because we all came from adam and eve...but having sex with immediate family members does cause deformities...thats why British ppl have fucked up teeth and jawlines
    test
  13. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

The first people family, their genes were uncoruppted so the gentetic mutations threw the generations that causes problems nowadays in that way werent there.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

the only reason i can think of for homosexuality to be wrong is it stops humans from procreating, hence it's considered to be inhumane.

but to each his own, if you're down with sodomy then go ahead and let a dude fuck you.

i'm not going to judge you for being a flaming faggot ...

[turn] ...
    test
  15. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i think it does.

in my opinion it is evolutionary instinct that truly fuels homophobia. the very concept of 'societal norms' such as defining the acceptable forms of sexuality within human society are adopted as a means of self preservation.

our concept of 'morality' and everything that encompasses comes from the idea that we have immeasurable power as a united group, and severely limited power as individuals.

in order for this group mentality to bring about a functional order, there has to be general rules for what does and does not constitute proper behavior. homosexuality poses an obvious threat to human society's most basic structural group: the family unit.

since we base our survival approach on the proficiency of the human brain, our evolution demands an extended childhood so that we have enough time to reach the necessary level of intellectual maturity. our childhoods were extended from just a couple of years to a couple of decades

as such, we became the only primates with pair-bond tendencies. that is, the only primates to 'fall in love.' this concept does exist in other species such as swans and geese and other gay shit like that, but among primates we seem to be unique in this respect.

it was necessary for both the mother and the father to remain present for the entire duration of child-rearing, as opposed to other primates where a dominant male might impregnate half the troop, with the assumed premise that the mother alone will be responsible for child-rearing.

in these same primate societies, inferior males have been known to present themselves sexually and allow the dominant male to mount (this is fancy scientific jargon for all of your favorite shower scenes in OZ) in hopes to avoid an actual physical confrontation.

looking at human history, homosexuality was a prevalent force in many of mankind's earliest attempts at civilization. some good examples are the ancient societies of greece, egypt, china and rome.

so why did religious thinking in particular target homosexuality? i think it was all part of an overall interpretation of what they considered to be divine wisdom. such wisdom often comes down to instinct, i.e. gut feeling: the voice within. the same voice that tells them that homosexuality is wrong tells them to 'be fruitful and multiply'

let it be known i'm not condemning homosexuality. you're right when you say that they provide a valuable means of thinning the population. not nearly effective enough, but rest assured that there is no shortage of humans nor will there be any time soon.

that is, not until the bubble inevitably bursts and mother nature decides to tie up some of those loose ends.
    test
  16. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i never understood the term homophobia.

never have i been scared of a gay cunt, ever.

if anything, they (especially the feminine ones) make me laugh.

but fear? never ...

[turn] ...
    test
  17. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

homophobia is not a fear of gays as individuals

rather its a fear of homosexuality itself. a fear that many have of 'being gay' or being perceived as gay by others, or a fear of homosexual experiences which go against the societal sexual norm.

though i do agree there should be a term that is strictly applied to bigotry towards gays, rather than fear of homosexuality since it seems dogmatic to suggest that all who harbor hatred do so out of fear, even though the two reactions do have an arguable correlation.
    test
  18. SpillnMoney

SpillnMoney Member

Lol. Thatd be funny if God had created adam and steve tho
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

so with that logic, all the gays themselves would be homophobes too, no?

i think it's the last though, going against your own sexual boundaries/knowledge.

yeah, it's not so much hate anymore.

i used to hate the fuck out of them, but i saw no point or reason to do so unless they fucked with me.

no pun ...

[turn] ...
    test
  20. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

that's an interesting question. ironically enough a lot of the most outspoken career homophobes tend to consistently get caught having gay sex in public bathrooms and shit like that.. we have had several anti-gay politicians and preachers exposed for this kind of faggotry in america.. always makes for a good laugh

i used to be that way as well. i never 'hated the fuck out of them' i guess but i carried along the mandatory degree of hatred that seemed necessary for pretty much no other reason than the fact that everybody else seemed to think this way.

that changed when i found out one of my best friends was gay. ironically, when i actually knew him i never knew he was gay. didn't tell me or anyone else he knew down here until after he had already moved across the country. was afraid of being judged i guess.

just showed me there was no point in hating gays if i couldn't pinpoint who they were. i grew up with the image of the collective gay community being composed of effeminate men sporting leather police uniforms or something like that.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.