Why do Africans pray to non-African Gods?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Noncentz, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Hebrew, Judaism, Christianity, Rome, Islam, Mecca...

None of that shit is African, so why believe in it?
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

does something have to be of your culture to be accepted as the truth.
    test
  3. Noncentz

You have no proof that any of it is truth though, so that's besides the point now isn't it? It was slave masters and colonialists that drummed that Christian/Jew/Islamic shit into the Blacks, why the fuck would you want to pray to any of those Gods? :funny:
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

that's idiotic. obviously them praying to a "foreign" god did them bounds of help.. got them thru the apartheid. the disapora. war, famine, and your telling me that god isn't real? to them god is more real then the internet :dead: :cry:

just b/c u can't accept god as real doesn't make him fairy tale neither u have to accept that..
    test
  5. Noncentz

1. All of the above was (mostly) solved by politics and resources, it had NOTHING to do with fairy tales. In fact, the destruction and colonization of African was 90% a Christian enterprise.

2. No, I don't. Again I ask, proof?
    test
  6. KRich662

KRich662 Well-Known Member

this nigga stupid as hell

"yo son, black people didn't invent books, so why the fuck you reading that shit?"
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

See i said accepted as true. Obviously 99 % have to be false for one to be true. Matter of fact is there very well may be one that is actually true. They have the same right to try an discover it as me or you.
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

And who the fuck are the blacks, you mean blacks from a few centuries ago african blacks or ancient etheopian cultures of blacks that very well knew the abrahamic religons first friggin hand. You got a narrow sense of history if you think a generation of blacks that were maybe influenced by western religions which in actuallity are middle eastern religions. Which again in actuality has been known first hand in the country for ions.
    test
  9. Noncentz

Now you're bordering upon the ridiculous and you know it.
    test
  10. Noncentz

No no no, do not skip your way out of this. Proof, I want some, do you have any proof of the existence of your "god" ?
    test
  11. Noncentz

Don't act stupid. You know from what continent blacks hail from and what went on in that area. You're literally praying to colonial god, why?
    test
  12. Noncentz

Source -> Post below my post.

(But regardless you still know you're praying to a foreign middle east, Roman God.)
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

Um. The bible is pre roman weirdo. The new testiment is of the time of rome same God old and new bro are u serious.
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

U mean back to *babalonian times. But the God i serve is of all time.
    test
  15. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

This is also something I bring up (not as a real question, but simply rhetorical), because when specifically, black Americans talk about how much they love Jesus and all that shit, I can't help but think of the way he was originally introduced to us.

At the end of whips, slavemasters LITERALLY gave us religion with the intent of trying to make us "less like animals". If Jesus was real, and the loving deity he claims to be, he wouldn't even allow such nonsense to go on in his name. I tend to be personally insulted when I see the way fellow blacks in this country embrace the abrahamic faiths, specifically Christianity.
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

But niether black americans nor the generation of africans count as a sliver of african throughout history as a whole
    test
  17. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

better question: if white people knew jesus wasn't white, would they have still praised him?
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

Hes middle eastern bro.
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

U can take issue with artists for that one
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

African's that worship Jesus of Christianity, probably grew up in a area were traditional belief's were practiced as well, and they were prob more "power' and influence in the cross vs some voodoo ritualistic sacrificial religion.

the better question to ask is:

"when did religion start"

When people started not believing GOD and Jesus christ

For example Christians believe in GOD abd JESUS.

Johovah's dont believe that JESUS isn't the son of GOD.

Africa is Hugely influenced by Islam and Christianity. Them being the First of nation's to see first hand the birth of Islam and Christianity. it is possible that tribes would befriend islamic or christian ministries and colonial enterprises out of fear/resource and thus generation's down the road it's become as natural to be that particular religion for generation's now b/c it's been passed down from there forefathers. in order to maintain there tribes from slaughter or genocide they would have to choose a side.. this is why Islam is more common the christianity in africa b/c of the arab influence.. nevertheless Christianity has remained a force in africa due to the fact that God protect's his people. it even say's it in the bible

"For Thy sake we are being put to death all day long;

We were considered as sheep to be slaughtered."

But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. (Romans 8:36-37).
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.