why did you start exercising?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by zyclon B gas, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

let's hear people's stories.

for me, i was always a 3-4 sport athlete growing up. i played soccer, baseball, basketball until high school when i did football, basketball, baseball/track.

after high school i let weed take over and i stopped doing everything. ate a lot, smoked a lot, drank a lot. (though eating a lot was a by-product of smoking a lot).

last year i got worried cuz my dad had a stroke at 26 due to fluctuating his weight his entire life. i quit weed, then this february i started working out. completely changed my lifestyle and sedentary habits and i've lost 55lbs now - which is only that low because i had an arm injury for 6 months. literally went from a 4xl to a medium.

this is my lifestyle forever now, and i changed cuz i was tired of being lazy, panting while walking, sweating a lot and not looking like i should look. also, i want to live a life with all limbs working and be able to play and work with my kids like mine never was able to - which hurts him every fuckin day.

my dad is stronger than i am, but i'm takin the steps to never have to go through what he did.
    test
  2. forthemoney

forthemoney New Member

To lose weight going for 50-75 pounds
    test
  3. CrowSociety

CrowSociety New Member

Yeah man, keeping fit is key to living long and happy. You see all these big cats having trouble, and while some may be some decent battlers and rappers, are suffering because of poor health. You don't see it, and most will never tell, but big people suffer from depression and all kinds of other ailments, some relating to heart conditions like your father.

Another big plus, it's hard to make a target out of someone who looks like he'll crush your fucking skull in.
    test
  4. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

I wasn't liking my physique (I wasn't fat or anything, just not pleased), so I started going to the gym.
    test
  5. Thrizzy

Thrizzy 3.T.

26? :scared:

WTF did your dad have you at 2?

JP though :funny:

I was always in sports as a kid, well baseball anyways. I played recreational football and basketball. In 6th grade I joined wrestling and football, as well as playing league baseball. I wanna say I started lifting when I was maybe 13 or so.

At 15 and in high school baseball was when I really started working out. Conditioning was a BITCH. But at that age, with a 15 year old's metabolism, it got me into great shape. I played school ball through junior year, after that I stopped but still played summer ball.

But after junior year, my fitness really started slipping. I was always a BIG junk food eater, but I was also always very active so nothing really happened. But then with drugs, drinking, and less physical activity, plus eating massive amounts of junk food 24/7 I went from 155 and about 12% BF or so to almost 200 and 30% BF by the end of senior year.

I hung around that weight for a while and then got a little more serious about lifting. I floated by 200 but probably got my BF around 20% or so. Around 2005 I started creeping back up again with the BF. Something just told me to get into shape so I did. There really wasn't some moment.

Anyways over the course of about 4 months I got down to 160 and about 10% BF probably less, and just incredible shape. Never looked back since then. At times I would go really long without lifting maybe 3-4 months. I realized I can't be doing that cause I have high blood sugar (thanks mom). So the battle for me was always consistency. Now 5 and some odd years later, I hover around 185-190 12% BF in the winter months.
    test
  6. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

my dad had the stroke when he was 26, i was 26 in 2009, is what i was saying.
    test
  7. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

to look sexy.
    test
  8. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

I want to lose weight, and get down about 30 lbs. Make it a lifestyle.
    test
  9. Just Saying

Just Saying steal gas. buy music.

i was the fat kid growing up.

in 2005 i left college and got a job working nights pulling orders, i decided to use the job as my workout and go fast as possible the whole shift, i cut my caloric intake by a lot, and i started drinking two 16 oz energy drinks(one on the way to work, and another with my lunch) by the time i changed jobs on october of 2007 i went from 300lbs down to 174lbs. i was very skinny but had very little muscle and still couldnt see my abs(still havent seen them ha.) my friend wanted to start working out and needed a partner so i said fuck it and signed a two year contract on febuary of 2008.

we've been going ever since. it started out at two days a week because we were working at a precast concrete plant and were putting in 11 hour days constantly..eventually we started doing three days a week....now we are at the gym five days a week.

i dont see myself ever quitting...i dont want to be the fat kid ever again.
    test
  10. OolabaSwa

OolabaSwa Eggs Spumoni

Needed more upper body strength for basketball. The bitches just come after that. Cough cough Gabby cough.
    test
  11. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

lmao nice.

awesome story just sayin, just sayin.
    test
  12. cherrypie

cherrypie New Member

I was inactive as a child and got in to basketball in grade 8. After an obese childhood I wanted to turn it around, and did.
    test
  13. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

My exercises started at a fairly young age, I have been dancing since I was 3. Although I love team sports, I'm far to short for basketball, did play some volleyball, but my heart still belongs to dance....I practice 8-10 hours a day when I have to get ready for competitions.
    test
  14. SinLuciano

SinLuciano El Capitan

I went to prison. Everybody there was bigger / stronger than I was. I didn't want to be the smallest dude there for 3 years. Plus it helped pass time.
    test
  15. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

my father in law was like "I just bought p90X. you can burn the dvds if you want"

I said "okay".

Then I started it...just to see if I could.
    test
  16. cherrypie

cherrypie New Member

p90x is incredible. Did you ever throw up from doing it? Lol
    test
  17. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

I don't think so. Perhaps during plyo the first couple weeks.

There were days during my second and third cycle that I would on leg days...but that's because on leg days I'd wear a 60lb weight vest and hold dumbells. I tried to keep up without pausing (much) like I did at the end of the first round, but with the extra weight I was pushing myself too hard and too fast (even while doing fewer reps).

Nothin thep ause button didn't fix. :)
    test
  18. johnerfunners

johnerfunners New Member

To lose weight
    test
  19. Grandiose

Grandiose five large

lmao @ some of y'all stories

lol i've always been brolic
    test
Thread Status: