Why did they make the 90s camaros and trans am firebirds so UGLY?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by VishTaphney, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

Snikkas car flies..... not bad for almost stockies.
    test
  2. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

plot thickens.......
    test
  3. Snikka

nice SS btw.
    test
  4. Kraylen

Vrroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmvvaaarrrrooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmm bbaarrruuuuu...
    test
  5. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

lol @ chicks going to f body meets

once again, nobody said the car was not fast.... the thread, if i read the title correctly, has to do with them being horribly ugly. which i agree with. its all opinion g, im not going to tell you your wrong because you think your car is sexy, im going to tell you in my opinion the car is ugly as hell. its just not my style at all. thats all i've been trying to say in all this rambling. its purely subjective.
    test
  6. Kraylen

I love speed either way...... I just love it better with less horsepower and weight.
    test
  7. Ben Official

speed is cool, but if i'm going all out speed i'll get a bike... otherwise its not worth it to me to be driving around in something i feel like a redneck in.
    test
  8. Ben Official

but im not down playing anybody who owns one, im sure you dont feel like a redneck its just how i see it
    test
  9. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

That's about what I'd expect it to handle like.... a beast. Don't try to convince me that your f-body is hanging tight with the rest around curves. It just isn't.

And the 90's f-bodies are mainly what girls have. Namely the 90's camaros. 3 on my block alone and my neighborhood is a fairly small subdivision. They have them in those ugly blue and greens.
    test
  10. Snikka

Yeah, just how I see you as the stereotypical ignorant ass euro fanboy.

This keeps going right over your head.. So I'm gonna break this down for you.

Just as I think it's cool when cars can go as fast as bikes, you dont. See we're already established how you feel. Stop posting the same thing.

Other than your opinion of the looks of the f-body there really absolutely ZERO substance to your posts and your opinion.

Stop posting.
    test
  11. Snikka

test
  12. BoardWalk

BoardWalk it's a monopoly.

And here's some interesting footage just for fun:

Video : Turbo Camaro vs 07 R1 vs Nitrous Viper

Have fun with that. Nic is in AZ he's one of our very best and infamous Tuners in metro phoenix.
    test
  13. BoardWalk

BoardWalk it's a monopoly.

No I'm actually trying to convince myself that your rx SUV is hanging tight with the rest around curves. It just isn't.

Whoa whoa... You'd EXPECT?? Have you even driven a STOCK f-body?

Are you kidding me? An LS1 FBODY bone stock CAN turn a 12.9 or so with a decent driver. You my friend need an edgamacation on dat der LS1 motor!

It handles well enough stock considering it's a beast. Add some suspension modification and it's night and day.

And you have NOTHING to say about handling against the "REST" when we're talking about corvettes. SO I think you're argument is over.

case closed.
    test
  14. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

you have NO IDEA what your talking about

modifications can do that

and on f-bodies, simple mods

suspension drop, anti sway bar package, shocks, springs

drop 1000 and your "hanging with the rest" easily
    test
  15. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

I read most of this thread and is it just me or does snikka not know there's more to cars than going fast in a straight line?
    test
  16. Ben Official

Dont even try to argue with him. Hes so close minded its fucking blasphemy how he hasn't gotten the point yet. Look in every single one of my posts, I clearly stated in all 25 or so that I've made, that we aren't arguing how fast his car is, yet he comes back with "YEA BUT MY CAR WILL ROAST YOUR CAR IN A DRAG RACE BITCH, WHOS CAR'S TIGHTER NOW?"

guys, LOOK AT THE THREAD TITLE... jesus christ

"WHY DID THEY MAKE THE 90S CAMAROS AND TRANS AM FIREBIRDS SO UGLY?"

do you see anything about how fast they are or how they perform? I don't.
    test
  17. Ben Official

EXACTLY! You can't take what I say to heart, because theres a hell of a lot of people who see it the same as I do. Now you finally stated your point. Now am I going to let your view on my car put me in a temper tantrum? Hell no, thats how you see it and I'm happy for you. Good job. The point is clearly that the looks of a car is clearly subjective. For every person who likes Ferrari's, theres others who think they are completely ugly. For everyone who loves Lexus, theres others who find them completely distasteful. You have to learn to accept people opinions and move on. Stop crying.
    test
  18. Snikka

I give credit where credits due. and you refuse to give the car credit for all the other things it does well other than how it looks. All of a sudden motors, drivetrain, reliability, horsepower, durability, history, etc. etc. etc. etc. isn't considered into your mind to make an opinion.

I expect a non-car person to attack the looks and look at NOTHING else about the car, all I'm doing is clarifying ALL THE OTHER STUFF the car does well. and you refuse to acknowledge that. If you came to the thread backed with something it'd be different.

But you didn't, you just dont like how it looks.. SO who gives a fuck.

I mean, I can call Charger SRT-8's pig's all day and Ford's POS's and Evo's rice ALL DAY, but that doesn't mean they are in someones eyes. But at least I research and know a little somthing about most of my competition that actually exists and come to the table with somthing.
    test
  19. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

All the other stuff being how fast it goes in a drag race? Seriously mate, just fucking admit it. That's all you talk about. You glance on modding, but only in a drag context.

You're belittling Ben for taking looks into consideration when you have a mod magazines understand of the mechanical side of cars and it revolves everytime around drag racing.

I own a PUG 306 and when I get into it, or any car for that matter, I go to the countryside, I look for mountain runs and I thrash my way round them. I enjoy every aspect of driving.

If I was given a car of choice to drive in the location of my choice for a day, I'd pick a fucking Renault or Toyota and go to the south of france or Hati.

You'd pick a fucking drag car and play on an runway.

Fair enough son. That's you. Do you. Don't fucking expect everyone else to like it just because you do.

Your car can beat my car in a straight line. Wow, son have a fucking medal. I don't care. Your car doesn't come close to touching my PUG 306, my measly 2.0 French peice of shit on the roads I race on.

You don't see me changing the topic to mechanics or rallyesqe racing in your retarded hot rod threads.

Why the fuck does everyone have to adhere to your 1 dimensional, retarded tastes?

and if you answer me, STAY ON FUCKING TOPIC. I DONT CARE ABOUT ALL THESE MAGAZINE STATISTICS YOU DROP.

I DONT CARE.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT LOOKS

KEEP YOUR STUPID TIMES TO YOURSELF.

christ
    test
  20. Snikka

YES, I'M SURE YOU REALLY CARE THAT much about the looks of 90's firebirds/camaros. I mean before I came through you motherfuckers didn't even know the generations of these cars or that that existed AFTER the year 2000. WTF?!?!

MAGAZINE statistics??? Why you gotta insult me like that? I can give you proof of anything you want. You want track times? You want car set-ups?

Fuck You man. You dont honestly know SHIT about what the thread has developed to. From a stock car the f-body isn't an ideal ROAD RACE car. But with some basic modification it's able to do practically anything you want. You refuse to acknowledge this.... FINE

But fuck your bullshit reply. I can prove to you in whatever you think I'm using magazine facts from. I'd MUCH rather use facts from real people's experiences. Which I do. Thats what I'm basing my replys off. Magazine's are usually wrong about everything.

I've been in and around f-bodies for years and years way before I owned one... I've known/liked them a long time before I ever owned one. I've been a GM guy most my life.. I know plenty of factual shit about GM and domestic cars and probably more basic knowledge about other performance cars than most care to know. But I'm not claiming to be a straight certified tech or an expert on ANYTHING.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.