Why did they make the 90s camaros and trans am firebirds so UGLY?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by VishTaphney, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoardWalk

BoardWalk it's a monopoly.

[gay]

haha
    test
  2. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

God...this is just like talking to the retarded rednecks around here about their f-body.

Once again - uh....I don't care about racing. If I did, I'd do real racing....you know.... where you TURN?

Yeah...i'd love to see your piece of shit f-body try autoX. That's real racing.

But...I'm an adult. You'll race me...lmao... oh man, that will prove everything! I have a slow ass car....and have absolutely no problem with that. It looks 20x's better than a trans-am. The gas mileage is much better than any f-body, and I don't have the redneck stereotype following me around with my car either.....

Jesus christ...fucking morons.... you're like little highschool kids.... who honestly looks for fucking races these days? I wish I could remember the last time I saw someone out trying to race...that's funny.

Also: My car was practically GIVEN to me. And that's the only way I'd take ANYTHING made by GM (always exclude vette)....... I would never pay more than 4 grand for any trans-am.
    test
  3. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

LOTS of people have money and spend it on their cars you dickhead. lol @ high school.. I'm a MAN son. My car is my toy.

You gotta pay to play. Here's a whole section of people with various cars come to talk about street racing and cars. This is JUST the street racing forum on one site.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36

well........ my car is built suspension wise for a straight line with a adjustable torque arm and subframes, lca's, bushings/endlinks etc.

But as soon as I put some matched shocks/springs, I'll let you know my personal experience. I'm POSITIVE I can outhandle your eclipse any day of the week when I was stock.. and Really... in this case... is all that matters. Cause you run your mouth and yet own a bone stock 2000 v6eclipse.

Actually I can show you a few various f=body's set up in full out auto cross suspension set-ups (shocks/springs/sway bars). Sam Strano has won many top competitions SCAA sanctioned bracketed. So the cars can handle well enough if you want it to..

I understand you dont know about groups of people who are car enthusiasts and actually, you know, enjoy their cars and build them up....

Good luck with Your eclipse bro. Maybe one day you'll have a real car and invest some money into it so maybe you can one day understand and appreciate the capabilities of various autos instead of just being ignorant.

Pz.
    test
  4. Snikka

[​IMG]

One of my favorite trans ams....

This is how I know Rippy knows nothing about cars. I mean. damn. JUST a set of quality tires for my car nowadays can run 800+ for just the tires without a problem. lol @ 4 grand. hahahahahahahaha. Good luck with the eclipse bro.
    test
  5. Ethan Albright

Understand the reason I'd pay no more than 4 grand.

1. It's made by GM. I don't care how many horses it puts out. It's made by GM.

2. If I'm going for pure speed, I want something that can actually take a curve while racing.....(note: racing is NOT driving in a straight line on your local free-way or stop-light)

3. General Motors.

4. Style is extremely dated. Most thought it was ugly when released. Now it's aged dramatically and the aesthetics are only looking worse.

5. I could get a better car for 4 grand and up.

My 2000 eclipse with 60k miles cost me 1,000 dollars. That's why I have it.

I'm smart.

Would I go to a car dealer looking for a 2000 eclipse? No. Would I go looking for a trans-am? No.

But.....I drive maybe 5 miles per week. All I need is something to get me to work and back while looking nice and cheap on gas.

The day I want to race highschool kids, I'll go borrow the TA.
    test
  6. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

i was just browsing around the forum... i hate to jump back in this argument. but...

its just a matter of taste really, its just not my style of car either. and lol @ saying the handling will out do an eclipse.. thats not saying very much.

but you do you, thats what your into thats cool... i have no problem with that. just understand that people have different tastes. and i dont know about over there, but dude is kinda right, the firebirds/camaros/transams definitely carry the redneck stereotype big time where i live.

and he wasn't trying to compare his eclipse to your trans am. why does everyone with a ta, firebired, camaro's argument have to be "yea but my car will roast your car in a race"?
    test
  7. Snikka

Not Sure BRO, but I'm from just outside of Chicago. and last I checked the chi-town racing scene was one of the highest regarded in the country. Same with Arizona. Racing isn't just some "redneck" thing you fucking asshole. You're beginning to piss me off.

Ok.. I've honestly had enough of this argument. Rippy, so you're cheap? Or no.. you COULD have a much better car but you opt for the eclipse. Cool man, that makes you smart because you have a cheap car and choose not to spend money on a better car or modifying a car? ROFL. I'm not getting your point. I dont give a fucking shit about your personal bullshit. We're talking about American cars competing with high dollar performance on practically EVERY LEVEL. And I've already won that argument. Now I have to hear both you opinions on shit??

You both drive slow ass stock cars. ROFL. I generally dont regard f-bodies for their road course history because I know I surely didn't buy my car to handle nor is there a fucking road course anywhere. But you'd be honestly retarded to think a built suspension car is just gonna always be a POS in handling. haha.

and I WILL race you simply to put you in your place. And that would take no effort...... Your aunts car or the m3 would just be easy kills for me.....

And I'd be more than willing to do some hot laps with boy in the m3.. cause I know you all get off on road courses......

Night boys. Have fun with your cars. I'm done.

Damn I wish Kraylen would chime in from Saturday night. Chilling out in Tempe on Mill (ASU) after the bars, t-tops off, racing/raping that Mustang GT (that was a fun time), doing 145+ on the highway without trying....

He even said that he enjoyed my car and never appreciated a v8 before until he got to see first hand.....

So if I can change one mind.... Then there's hope.
    test
  8. Ben Official

QFT

LOL... AGAIN with the "yea but my car will beat the pants off your car in a race" argument. JESUS CHRIST KID... lol....

you just..... dont..... get it.
    test
  9. Snikka

You bought your car to look high class and handle well doing 60mph turns on 90 degree angles.

SWEET DUDE. I'm not knocking your car.

I bought my car to go fast. My car does what it does well and yours does what it does. I'll say it again, the LSx platform is incredible in terms of potential and simplicity.

I'm slow. You're rediculously slow. beyond that I'm clearing up misinformation about a car I actually own.. There's nothing you can tell me about the lsx motors that I dont probably already know. So what Dont I GET??? There's quite a few cars I'd RATHER have, but unfortunately I'm still in school, own a house, etc. etc. Believe me if I had a Corvette, I would, and you'd still hate it.

And If we were close belive me I'd meet you ANY TIME and race you however you want just purely for fun because you clearly are not familiar with cars/racing. lets see before this I've owned various cars 3.8 V6, 2.4 I4, 4.3 Vortech V6, and a 3.5 v6 Then a 5.7 V8. MUCH BETTER TO ME.

Good luck with your m3.
    test
  10. Ben Official

LMFAOOO ONCE AGAIN with the "ill race your car to prove my car is better" jeeesssuusssss chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist!!!!!

no SHIT your car is faster. if i was going all out speed for the price i spent, i'd buy some fuckin srt 4 or sti or an old vette. i KNOW that your car is fast at drag racing!!! mine is SLOW... i didnt buy my car to race...

i have no problem with you liking your car! just pleaaaase, as i have said in every single post of the 20 or so i've made in this thread, understand that SPEED ISNT EVERYTHING.... not everybody wants a car just because its fast! sure it may have an appealing look to you, you may love the interior, thats awesome. that stuff is all subjective, and you've been trying to make it look way more objective than it is with all the "yea but my car is better, ill prove it to you when we race, it will beat the shit out of your car in a race" arguments you make in every post.

all we've been trying to say is that there are people who find the car to be really ugly, and not everyone thinks its an awesome car. just like not everyone likes my m3... tons of people hate the e36's boxy look and think its a piece of shit... but im not going to try to argue with them to change their mind thats their opinion and they have every right to believe what they want. it really doesnt matter to me, because i bought my car for me, not for them.

just understand that there are many people who dont like your car, and think it makes you look like a redneck. thats just some peoples opinion, just as owning my car may make me look like a fuckin dick, as many bimmer owners appear to be.

its apples and oranges man. if you bring up another "fine but we can race just so i can show you who has the better car" im going to die laughing. i give up.
    test
  11. Ethan Albright

What's bad is....snikka doesn't realize how simple it is to run the same his ride does:

Just go buy the same car.

It's not like you built it up or anything. You'd actually have a bit of bragging rights if that were the case. In stead, you just bought something you thought was fast, filling what seems to be some sort of small penis substitute.

I just thought of something though. I'd probably scorch your car in my bike. So should we race those to see who's better? lol

All a matter of preference. You like GM. Many don't. Most young people don't. But you do....great.

I'm more of a stylish guy. I'll choose something that looks good and performs decent over something that's ugly and performs great. Different strokes for different folks.

You probably only have 1 vehicle as well.

I've got the lexus RX, the eclipse, old accord, suzuki gsx........ all for different reasons. I might be buying a new car soon, but it sure as hell won't be a gas-guzzler.
    test
  12. Snikka

Wow dogg looks like you have 15k in cars/bike. Thats serious.

And if you have a bike then you should already know about the fun type I speak of.

My car is modded. It has no internal work done, as of this point. But I suppose you could buy a SS/WS6 and run close. aside from all the suspension work I've done (adj. torque arm, welded tubular subframes, bushings/endlinks, lower control arms), ram air kit, slp lid, ported tb, shift kit, 3.73 gears, GMMG exhaust. I mean I GUESS if you want to say it's stock.. go for it. But I'll have the car awhile and I know what these cars can do... clearly you dont.

Anyways, Later folks. I'm happy my car and proved my point. When I go internal it's pretty easy to go 400+rwhp cam only + b0lt-ons. 500+ procharger. built stroker. heads. nitrous. SO MANY OPTIONS. but oh well I love GM right now.
    test
  13. Snikka

and I mean, just so you know, I get compliments EVERY TIME I take my car out. Gas Station, around the local streets or while on the highway I've had people yell over with my ttops down, around my neighborhood. I mean, just so you know theres people who dig muscle cars.
    test
  14. Ben Official

^hell yea there are tons of people who dig muscle cars. we weren't arguing that at all.... you just have to understand that theres people who don't dig them as well.
    test
  15. Ben Official

is that true that thats your only car though? just curious.
    test
  16. BoardWalk

BoardWalk it's a monopoly.

test
  17. Ethan Albright

Yeah, right around 15k all together if you're retarded:

rx alone was 20k. Blue book is better than your TA, i guarantee that. Eclipse i could sell tomorrow for 6-7k. Bike was 10k.....the accord while shitty would be another 2-3.....

yeah. You were right on point there. 20+6+10+2 = 38k.

That redneck stereotype follows your math skills as well.
    test
  18. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

if you think my car is a chick car, your out of your fucking head...

girls have the v6's MAYBE

more girls have 80's f-bodies than 90's-2000's... where you making these statistics..

every been to an f-body meeting? havent met a female owner yet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  19. Noodles

dude... ethan is a fucking tool

i've seen f-bodies do tracks with ease... its called SUSPENSION TUNING

i personally have a high car.. maybe i'l drop it abnd throw some anti-sways.. but this thing handles like a beast already...

the ss has a slightly bigger anti-sway bar under there
    test
  20. Noodles

heres my buddies trans am... shit takes turns at 50

[​IMG]

see how low that shit is...

will beast you!

(thats my old car - the jeep in the pic)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.