Why did they make the 90s camaros and trans am firebirds so UGLY?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by VishTaphney, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

lol chill gringo mayne, its all opinion.

you happen to like fast drag racing cars. did i say i had a problem with that? thats just your taste. personally, a cars straight line distance means almost nothing if it isnt stylish, or doesn't have an attractive appearance. to me, the firebirds, transams, and camaros are not attractive nor stylish, just as almost every american made car. to you they may be, to everyone else in the world they may be, thats cool, but that doesn't mean i have to like it myself.

like i said, i wouldnt take one if it was a fuckin 9 second car, because straight line distance doesn't mean everything to me. i'm sure you'd take your car over mine anyday. thats why you bought it in the first place. you dont gotta try to pound it in my head that yours is a better car because its faster straight line. its all opinion man, chill out g man dog dude yo.

thats why i hate watching shit like Pinks on tv... that shit doesn't interest me at all. if they are racing porsches, ferrarris, bimmers, benz, lambo, etc i would totally watch that shit. but they happen to get any old junker and make it ridiculously fast. that means nothing to me, but it may to other people. its a matter of taste
    test
  2. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

Why even involved yourself in the discussion then when you dont have anything to discuss? This was clearly a alias attempt, posting slander IN THIS THREAD particularly.

You just totally proved my point.

You dont care about straight line speed. So your opinion pretty much doesnt matter towards the performance aspect of cars. I mean like I've proved nothing wrong with an lsx powerplant. Just cause you dont like the styling doesnt mean it wouldnt outperform your car across the board.

You keep thinking we're only talking straight line speed.
    test
  3. Snikka

I've seen a 95-96ish bmw 3series in phoenix with an ls1 engine swapped in. He's on the west side.

Now why would he do such a thing?

and I'm not BEATING it into your head. I'm simply putting you back into reality.

oh right.. cars nobody owns. Or previous victims to the z06.
    test
  4. Snikka

test
  5. Ben Official

i dont pick cars JUST for speed. if i did, i would have bought an sti with the money i spent on the m. its that simple. stop crying.
    test
  6. Snikka

I'm not trying to convince you to buy American. Judging from your mostly non-existant mod list on your current car, I doubt it matters what brand you have.

and I bought my trans am for performance, reliability, durability, styling, color, options, price, trim, etc. etc. as it's a daily driver car.

points proven.. stop replying.

any car CAPABLE to run a high 12 bone stock is pretty impressive. and my TA costed more than your m3 anyways. It's not about how much money you spent (money is relative), its

Run what you brung and hope you brought enough.

Sti's are probably nice for a high school kid's daily driver.

dont hold a candle to a 5-8 year old ls1 BONE STOCK down to the filter in straight line performance and the f-body would compete around a track. and STI would be obliterated by a C5 acorss the board.

You'd know about quick cars if you actualy knew about performance cars and their potential... but you're just more/less just a fanboy lost in a too fast too furious world....

I mean lol @ always comparing everything to PINKS and what you see on TV.

I think it's funny that a z06 smokes Porches that cost twice as much. Just like I think it's funny when ls1's smoke new 350z's, bmw's, benz's, evo's, etc. etc. that cost so much more.
    test
  7. Ben Official

you remind me of this dude i know. he thinks im an idiot because theres so many faster cars i could have bought with the money i put down on the m. hes like "ohhhh maaaaan look at that srt-4, he would smoke you and you could have bought one! i bet you feel salty now!" i laugh every time he points out a cheaper faster car i could have bought, as if i didnt do any research before buying and i just want a fast car. i am completely content with my m and i wouldnt have bought anything else. i dont race much at all, but i like it to be at least a pretty quick car which it is. really fast? no. thats not what i was looking for!

and i dont compare everything to pinks, i just brought it up at one point in a post.

I DONT LIKE TRANS AMS OR FIREBIRDS OR CAMAROS! deal with it! i'll say it ONCE AGAIN. you could be pushing 1000 hp and run a fucking 9 second quarter mile. would i buy it then? NO! i like style. and thats is completely not my style of car. its ass ugly to me.

i could care less if you dont like m3's. it means absolutely nothing to me. everybody in the fucking world could hate them, but if i like it thats perfectly fine with me.

you will never, ever, ever see me in a domestic car. its that simple.

its hilarious to me how people are like "HAHHAHA MY MODDED ECLIPSE TWIN TURBO WILL SMOKE YOUR PORSCHE!! ITS WAY FASTER YOU FUCKING IDIOT!"... like the dude in the porsche gives a fuck... hes in a porsche... dudes in a fucking eclipse. see how many chicks the dude in the eclipse picks up with that piece of shit. ITS NOT ALL ABOUT SPEED TO ALL PEOPLE once again.
    test
  8. BoardWalk

BoardWalk it's a monopoly.

You buy a performance car to perform. bottom line. just cause you dont like how it looks doesnt mean it doesn't outperform other cars.

If you own a stock 99' GTS Viper and talked shit, lots of car are faster.

nowadays it's almost right of passage to be pushing 400+hp

buying a car to get chicks is already a statement

and just like i would never own a srt-4 if it ran 9's.

a statement like European > American needs to be backed up.
    test
  9. BoardWalk

08 corvettes (non-z06s) will be running around 430hp stock.
    test
  10. Ben Official

vettes are pretty raw for exterior appearance and speed. they are incredibly fast and will smoke just about any euro car. but that doesnt mean everyone will take one over an m6, f40, whatever.

i wasnt trying to imply that the dude in the porsche buys it only to pick up chicks. i said it to show that its not all about speed. the porsche is a hell of a lot more car than the eclipse in my example. its of course not all about picking up chicks. if you buy a car solely on that purpose you probably wont get chicks in the first place. it was only an example.
    test
  11. BoardWalk

Tons of badass cars that cost over 100k..

an 08 vette will probably be able to be had for under 45,000.

I hate eclipses. But I mean, if someone built a twin turbo eclipse that was shnapping off high end porches. Thats pretty respectable.
    test
  12. Ben Official

but what would you rather own, a modded out eclipse that could beat the pants off a high end porsche, or own the high end porsche? personally i'd take the porsche. wouldnt think twice. thats kind of how i see this whole debate.
    test
  13. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

Better quality, better made, better engineered. Faster all around cars, better interior, reliability sadly is about the same..lol..

They have high end cars, and low end spectrum. American performance cars are not all around performers besides the c6 Z06. Otherwise you can take many euro cars to beat any american so called performance car.

I am sure you will name an american performance car, and i will counter with a euro. Can it be said that european cars are better.. yeah.. prove to me why that statement is false?
    test
  14. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

A c5 would what.. I hope u mean a c5 Z06 would give it to an STi. But around a track no it won't. An evo would woop both on a track so it wouldn't even matter.

And a Fbody doesn't hold a candle to an STi on a track.. so big deal and no fbody in this country stock for stock can run with an STi around a track, unless you are talking a NASCAR track...lol

why do when american car owners think performance they only think about straight line speed. I know it was great and everybodies dick got hard when the c6 Z06 came out and was able to actually run on a track. I know it was a titty twister, but lets put this shit to rest.

Also glad to hear a LS1 320hp V8 can beat 4cyl turbo, 287 v6's and so forth and so on.. must be a great thing to know. Amazing thing an american muscle car that has great straight line speed... damn.

You buy a Z06 cause you want a straight TRACK car beast. You want a CHEAP Incredible performance car. Yes the Z06 would be the best one. But ppl that buy Porsches want, speed, luxury, and reliability in an everyday car. I dont know why ppl care so much, if BMW, or Porsche wanted to build an all out performer they could. OH wait Porshce did it's called a GT3, a car that nobody can touch on a track. Why does it cost about twice the price cause it's Porsche, and they can do that. If Chevy did that, they would be thought to be one of the dumbest fucking moves ever landed by GM. If BMW went back to their roots and built a true CSL M series.. it would be very interesting as well, but they didnt so i can t comment on that shit.

Bottom line, 99% of American cars are good for one thing, straight line speed. Almost everyone that owns Camaro's, Firebirds, blah blah blah knows this. They are content with that. ITs not a big deal, anyone in the performance world knows why you get these cars.

Same is said when you get an M3, you want a comprise of ALL around performance and luxury. And EVO best all around performance car under 50g's. C6 Z06, best all around performance car for the money... But comparing all european made cars to american cars.. come on now.. that shit is too easy.
    test
  15. Ben Official

tigre to the rescue lol
    test
  16. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Most people would rather have a benz over an f-body lol. But most people would take an armani suit over your sweat-suit equivalent of a car too. Sure, you can probably run faster in the sweatsuit, but it's cheap, wont last, and looks like the white trash trademark.

I'll admit I like the 1999 trans-ams with the ram air hoods, even though it's only for the front end, the rest of the car was left with little design.

But the camaros are ass ugly, and so are the regular firebirds.

there are 3 girls in my small neighborhood that drive 90's model camaros.
    test
  17. Snikka

lol @ the squad stopping out here debating shit.

I'm the only American supporter here.

you all know damn well how a corvette and their engines perform.
    test
  18. Snikka

with revalves / strano springs and some suspension work, I GAURANTEE an f-body can take down twice as expensive cars on a track.

I dont even have to look this up.. Go look up SCAA champ Sam Strano. his camaro has won lots of track events..
    test
  19. Snikka

test
  20. Snikka

the redneck shit is PLAYED OUT when talking car enthusiast. and you must mean 98-02' f-body.

there's lots of guys with well over 150k on their cars ass. some guys with over 180k. it's not a big deal. They are meant to be driven.

my car has 63k and I haven't even used my warranty once since i bought it. and haven't had one major malfunction that wasn't maintenance/upgrading.

not even one light bulb has been replaced yet..

WONT LAST

hahaha.. one of the most durable cars. seriously, I dont drive like a bitch. I drive hard and beat on my car quite a bit just routinely and race it almost all the time.. car is a beast (and sounds good at that), it pulls and can still get over 20mpg and drive in OD under 2krpm nicely for a cruise with A/C cold as fuck.

I'm hearing blah blah blah wont last.. blah blah sweat suit.. blah blah. and prove you wrong daily. NO it's not a porsche, I'm not debating that fact. But I will debate that there's high powered domestics that lay waste to them on a track/street in racing without much trouble. and you drive a stock 00' eclipse last time I checked.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.